PDA

View Full Version : F-Bodies of Wisconsin

Knyghtmare
01-08-2004, 08:43 AM
I think we might have talked about this before. What do you guys think about changing Firehawks of Wisconsin to F-Bodies of Wisconsin? They both start with F! :)

Silver350
01-08-2004, 08:50 AM
Its not going to happen. This club was created around F-Bodies and everything else got added later. F-body chat is supose to use general chat or Technical.

BadAzzGTA89
01-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Were ya been tyler i tried that already was no good!! even though the pole showed it was a go!!!http://www.f-bodytech.com/forum/images/smilies/welcome2.gif

Knyghtmare
01-08-2004, 09:15 AM
LOL Yeah I thought I remembered talking about it... I just didnt remember the final verdict. :goof

Still confused on why there is still just Firehawks? Do we camaro guys get Z's? ;)

BAD LS1
01-08-2004, 12:26 PM
Everyone like the Pontiac F-bodies better dont you know :goof

Ehhh, i remember when i bought my car i got so much sh!t that i didnt get a Ram Air. I just said to each his own... if i wanted a Ram Air i would have bought one. They both get the get the job done in the same manner, i just happen to like the Camaro version.

lotsals1
02-01-2004, 10:15 PM
The thing is why was/is there a firehawk seperate forum -There is no diff. between a T/A and a Firehawk and Formula --Um a diferent hood and rims doesnt exactly qualify as another type of car --you have truck /turbo buick ect yah those are diff. vehicles --
So when I get a new set of hoops on my car i will ask for the TransAm with blabla wheels forum --now the camaro and the firbird/formula are way diff looking and we dont see a seperate forum for each of those :rolleyes: Why because that would be silly since they are both F-BODY GM --so i guess it always eeked me that there was waisted space on this board for Firehawks
Dunno it just bugs me since they are the same car and in the same class as the rest of the fbodys

Yooformula
02-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Make a poll and see what happens...

BadAzzGTA89
02-02-2004, 08:17 AM
Made a poll already yoo and it "was" a go!!

02hawk796
02-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by lotsals1
The thing is why was/is there a firehawk seperate forum

The reason there is a "Firehawks of Wisconsin" forum is because, when Brandon was setting up the board, I asked him for it. He was nice enough to say OK (thanks again, Brandon), and we agreed it would continue to be there until I or my successor requested it be removed. Around the same time there was a "Corvettes of Wisconsin" forum, which never got much traffic.

So when I get a new set of hoops on my car i will ask for the TransAm with blabla wheels forum

If you want to ask for a forum of your specifications, and you are going to handle contacts, event coordination, member network, and all other extra work, then you could make a reasonable request of the Admins (or whatever they are now). I don't have any problem with it, but I don't run the board.
I don't have anybody else at BCM (like former Mods or Admins) do any of my extra work for me - just host (or allow the presence of) the Forum with the specific name our group has headings for and business cards printed with.

For those asking why there is not an "F-bodies of Wisconsin" forum, I can reiterate here that I have in the past clearly stated that I have no problem with the addition of such a Forum. Having "of Wisconsin" in the name of the forum would imply a statewide application and effort - who would be volunteering to handle that extra offshoot? There is currently a Midwest F-body Association, and I am not currently aware of any other "F-bodies of Wisconsin" group, club, website, messageboard, or forum. Who will be running such a group? Do you expect the current BCM crew (or leaders, coordinators, etc) to do all that extra work in addition to their laudable efforts in the Milwaukee area (weekly shows, annual shows, coordinating events, etc). The MFBA does have a Wisconsin Chapter - is this what you had in mind, or were you hoping to have a competing "Wisconsin F-bodies" Club, Forum, Chapter, or what? What purpose or goal do you hope for?

If you are actually asking for "F-bodies of the Greater Milwaukee Metropolis", then that is essentially what this board started off as, and it has been stated that those topics can be in the General Chat or Tech forums - and I don't feel it my place to publicly comment on any of that further.
The "Firehawks of Wisconsin" forum is the only spot on this board with a state-wide focus (yes, Wisconsin does exist beyond Waukesha, Tom). If you are asking why no other forum has a state-wide focus, or a focus outside the Milwaukee Metropolis, then I am not the person to answer your query, sorry.
The Mustang forum is populated by some Stang owners from CPonyGo.com, and that club has statewide focus, also. That site also has many people running and coordinating their own club, not relying on a great deal of work from the BCM crew.