PDA

View Full Version : TFS 2V head!

Cjburn
10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
At SEMA they will be introduced!

Waver
10-29-2008, 09:46 AM
Really....hopefully these will be better than the PI heads...It was a little bit of a disappointment when I saw that their intake wasnt much better if at all better than the pi one.

Irish
10-29-2008, 09:56 AM
2V mod motors are truck motors...

Waver
10-29-2008, 10:29 AM
ummmmm I dont know how I should take that lol

Irish
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Take it for what it's worth... You can only go so far with a 2v.

GTSLOW
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
32V ftw

Irish
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
32V ftw

Agreed!

Sprayaway Fox
10-29-2008, 11:54 AM
2 valve 4.6
DSS shortblock, Patriot heads, Comp cams, Aluminum intake, tremec trans, 9 inch rear 340 NA HP. He had 8 into the motor. :( His advice put a blower on a 2 valve and call it a day:thumbsup If your planning on this Ill give ya his number to talk to him jus PM me : )

70 cutlass 442
10-29-2008, 05:08 PM
/\/\ THATS PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Try this.... STOCK 2v, S trim with Front mount intercooler..... 6lbs boost max.... stock exhaust manifolds

300 HP and 335 TQ ..... all on a bone stock 2v at 6psi... total cost $2500

GTSLOW
10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
/\/\ THATS PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Try this.... STOCK 2v, S trim with Front mount intercooler..... 6lbs boost max.... stock exhaust manifolds

300 HP and 335 TQ ..... all on a bone stock 2v at 6psi... total cost $2500

Stock 01/02 LS1 302hp/328tq :rolf

Seriously tho 32Valve or go home.

OxmanWI
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
There are plenty of mod 2V motors out there running 4-5-600 at the wheels or more, all are boosted of course but still running with the 4Vs and GM motors that's for sure.

At SEMA they will be introduced!

I think this is just a rumor, doesn't seem likely at all.:rolleyes:

MurphysLaw88GT
10-29-2008, 07:35 PM
I heard the 3 valve mod motors have good potential

Irish
10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Three valves... yes.
Four valves... yes.
Two valves... no.

If they are so great, why don't people do 2V motor swaps? I have heard of a ton of 4V swaps but not any 2V swaps... I wonder why that is...

Cjburn
10-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Here's one of those terrible 2V's with a Kenne Bell 2.8. Just f'n pathetic.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E20uPYpTPI0

Irish
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Here's one of those terrible 2V's with a Kenne Bell 2.8. Just f'n pathetic.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=E20uPYpTPI0

Hell, like I always say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I have one question. Other than the comments... where does it say that it is a 2V?

If indeed it was a 2V, I wonder how much money was stuffed into the motor and suspension to make the car go that fast?

That one video WILL NOT make me believe that a 2V is worth dumping a ton of money into when you can get a Lightning dropout motor (yes, the supercharged 5.4) for $2500, which is about as cheap as a supercharger for a 2V and have a hell of a lot more motor...

I stand by my previous statement, 2V mod motors are good truck motors...

I think you have been in Rockford too long... It is starting to mess with your perception...

Sprayaway Fox
10-29-2008, 08:42 PM
Dougs ride was NA no blower. I took a ride in a bullet and when I romped on it in 2nd gear I coulda smoked a whole cigarette before I went to 3rd. Even the salesman Looked at me and said "Well, we have a cobra also." Mod motor+blower+exhaust= a car that needs that much to keep up witha bolt on fox.:headbang

70 cutlass 442
10-29-2008, 10:15 PM

point being?

Irish
10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
point being?

Meaning a stock LS1 makes more power than a substantially modded 2V.

70 cutlass 442
10-29-2008, 10:41 PM
understood, but i dont see how that contributes to the topic at hand?? unless i missed something

Irish
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
I think it was his way of showing that more can be had for less...

Sprayaway Fox
10-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I guess if someones interested in a new 2V head this ones the ticket for you. Go buy it!:wow.....cause I wont.:punch:

Cjburn
10-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Pulled off a site, I'll have to go digging for the 2V stuff. Lightning motors in Mustangs means throttle body through the hood. Lightning's heads are EXACTLY the same as your 2V Mustangs. My guess for cost is whatever it costs to go fast for a 4V except you spend less your heads. Bottom ends are the same, you'll just make less because you're limited by flow or by rpm. I'm not saying they're the end all be all for performance but they're kind of like the LT1, the read headed step child in performance aspects. The idea that they're horrible for performance is outdated, guys do make big power through them, but they don't make same hp as 4V stuff, they never will.

Waver
10-30-2008, 12:13 AM
well, honestly I would love to have a 4v car, however at the time insurance would of been through the roof as well as being hard to find....on the other hand, for the cost of a s trim with aftercooler, a set of headers (still out on the whole long tube thing) x pipe, and a different plentum and tb (which I believe comes with the sc kit) and I will be at 400hp. that combined with some suspension mods and a gear change (tune included) and I will have just over 400 rwhp I am not going to bitch....less than 5 k into the car and I will be low 12's high 11's
Besides, if you use the engine from an expidition you will never get it under a hood.....you have to spend a lot of cash to get one made for a truck.....plus they make some nice stroker kits for the 2v and power can be had with the 2v engine.

Irish
10-30-2008, 12:24 AM
well, honestly I would love to have a 4v car, however at the time insurance would of been through the roof as well as being hard to find....on the other hand, for the cost of a s trim with aftercooler, a set of headers (still out on the whole long tube thing) x pipe, and a different plentum and tb (which I believe comes with the sc kit) and I will be at 400hp. that combined with some suspension mods and a gear change (tune included) and I will have just over 400 rwhp I am not going to bitch....less than 5 k into the car and I will be low 12's high 11's
Besides, if you use the engine from an expidition you will never get it under a hood.....you have to spend a lot of cash to get one made for a truck.....plus they make some nice stroker kits for the 2v and power can be had with the 2v engine.

For 5k you could ditch the whole drivetrain, buy an LS1/M6 dropout and be alot faster with just a cam, intake, injectors, exhaust and tune I am still willing to bet that you'd be under 5k.

LS1/M6 combo 2k
everything to swap it... I am going to go high and say 1k.
That would still leave you with 3k to buy a nice winter beater...LOL

Or for 5k you could buy a foxbody that already runs high 11's...

Waver
10-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Mod motor+blower+exhaust= a car that needs that much to keep up witha bolt on fox.:headbang
Funny, as how I have beaten a few "bolt on fox" bodys with my almost stock 2v....my 88 had intake, headers, h pipe, muflers, cai, tb, ignition, tune, gears, and underdrives....the 04 has just a cai and mufflers and with just a tune and gears will match the times I hit with the fox (13.5). other than heads and a cam, how much more "bolt on" can you get with a fox with out going into the engine?

Irish
10-30-2008, 12:36 AM
Funny, as how I have beaten a few "bolt on fox" bodys with my almost stock 2v....my 88 had intake, headers, h pipe, muflers, cai, tb, ignition, tune, gears, and underdrives....the 04 has just a cai and mufflers and with just a tune and gears will match the times I hit with the fox (13.5). other than heads and a cam, how much more "bolt on" can you get with a fox with out going into the engine?

Did it have the mass air conversion? And by intake did you mean upper and lower or CAI? What was your trap speed at 13.5?

Waver
10-30-2008, 12:41 AM
For 5k you could ditch the whole drivetrain, buy an LS1/M6 dropout and be alot faster with just a cam, intake, injectors, exhaust and tune I am still willing to bet that you'd be under 5k.

LS1/M6 combo 2k

well we both know that I am not going to put a gm engine into my mustang.....I am not scottie k.....

And I agree, for 5500 you can hit high 11's with a fox on the stock engine...hell I had boltons on my fox, and was running 13.5 for about 1500-1700....messed up thing was that the fox was dynoed at the same hp as a stock 2v rwhp (well a little less but not by much)...so with the same cost I can be at the same point with both cars......an s trim with an aftercooler will put the total investment that I had in the fox to about 4000 or so, a good set of heads another 500.......so three hundred less than what I expect to do with the 2v and still hit the same 1/4 mile time and hp......

Waver
10-30-2008, 12:44 AM
Did it have the mass air conversion? And by intake did you mean upper and lower or CAI? What was your trap speed at 13.5? yep, I always forget shit when it comes to mods on that car....and yes a cold air intake=inlet tube that goes from the filter to the intake....that was a fender mount (in the fender like the 04) and it did have a typhoon upper and lower intake on it with intake spacer. so both. The trap speed was 104 with a 1.7 60'

Irish
10-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Did it have the mass air conversion? And by intake did you mean upper and lower or CAI? What was your trap speed at 13.5?

You didn't answer my questions Nick....:goof

Waver
10-30-2008, 12:49 AM
look above you.....lol now made clearer

70 cutlass 442
10-30-2008, 01:51 AM
I think it was his way of showing that more can be had for less...

IDK about necessairly less, i meak i will say the LS1 is deffintaly a better platform, but find me a 00-01 LS1 Camaro for the same price? as a 96-98 mustang lets say, even after we slapped the blower on this car we were still thousdands of dollars ahead, plus in a lighter car

hit that 2v with a 200 shot of funny gas and see how it likes it.... my 5.0 loves it :D

Waver
10-30-2008, 02:09 AM
hit that 2v with a 200 shot of funny gas and see how it likes it.... my 5.0 loves it :D
The botom end maybe........the intake fuck no....not going to take the chance with the plastic intake.......I was saying that baised on NA not with any kind of FI

Sprayaway Fox
10-30-2008, 02:28 AM
^^^^^ should be a close race with us, looks like it comes down to the leave. Sounds like a good setup ya got planned. I got a wet kit for my ride but Ill leave my 75 dry same as last year on for the run next year. SPRING 09 GET SUM! lol:headbang

Waver
10-30-2008, 05:50 AM
^^^^^ should be a close race with us, looks like it comes down to the leave. Sounds like a good setup ya got planned. I got a wet kit for my ride but Ill leave my 75 dry same as last year on for the run next year. SPRING 09 GET SUM! lol:headbang

yeah, I think it will be...Fox stangs respond real well to bolt ons where as mod motor cars love boost

GTSLOW
10-30-2008, 07:02 AM
point being?

2500 and it would still lose to a stock LS1.

GTSLOW
10-30-2008, 07:03 AM

LS1/M6 combo 2k

No offense but it would be hard to find an ls1/t56 combo for 2k. :stare

Waver
10-30-2008, 07:37 AM
2500 and it would still lose to a stock LS1.

well his numbers are a little low for an s trim....with out aftercooler it will add 106 hp so it will take the stock 2v up to 366 hp at the flywheel so about 336 hp at the rear. With aftercooler it will add 146 hp, so 406hp at the flywheel and 376rwhp....This is on a 100% stock 2v engine, add the normal bolt ons can see up to 460 depending on what you do to it....eigther way, the 2v with a blower should be able to give a stock ls1 a run for its money.

(I know that the ls1 is an awesome engine, but dosnt it have to pull around more weight than any ford v8?)

Irish
10-30-2008, 12:33 PM
IDK about necessairly less, i meak i will say the LS1 is deffintaly a better platform, but find me a 00-01 LS1 Camaro for the same price? as a 96-98 mustang lets say, even after we slapped the blower on this car we were still thousdands of dollars ahead, plus in a lighter car

I know of people picking up 98 camaros that need a waterpump or have some other gremlin for 800-1500... There are deals to be had!

Irish
10-30-2008, 12:38 PM
No offense but it would be hard to find an ls1/t56 combo for 2k. :stare

No offense taken!:thumbsup

You can, you just have to be "johnny on the spot" with the cash. I sold my
LS1/M6 for 1900.

There are combos going for 1800 and up on ebay everyday!

Cjburn
10-31-2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/member.php?u=407

DurtyKurty
10-31-2008, 12:10 PM

I am not a chevy guy so I don't know those engines to well, but don't they have a 65 cubic inch advantage over a 4.6?

P.S. nice coil packs.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-31-2008, 12:53 PM
they still make parts for the 2 valve. wow.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-31-2008, 12:57 PM

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

who are you kidding?

Sprayaway Fox
10-31-2008, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=07ROUSHSTG3;459009]:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

who are you kidding?[/QUOTE

I know I cant keep up with a Tylers Cobra thats for sure....Remember Eric?:rolf Damn that was a good time.:)

Waver
10-31-2008, 02:42 PM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

who are you kidding?

what are you saying, that you cant hit good numbers with a 2v?

07ROUSHSTG3
10-31-2008, 02:55 PM
what are you saying, that you cant hit good numbers with a 2v?

no, i was saying that your car wouldn't stand a chance against mikes white stang. saying that his white car is a "bolt on 5.0" is a little stretch :wow give it a whirl if you want, but you better be packing a power adder under your hood. not trying to be a ****, but that car is fast.

folkswagen
10-31-2008, 03:42 PM
:3gears:

70 cutlass 442
10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I know of people picking up 98 camaros that need a waterpump or have some other gremlin for 800-1500... There are deals to be had!

thats an absolute steal, next time you see that let me know. but i know that its rare to find thoes kind of deals. its all luck

Irish
10-31-2008, 07:09 PM
There was a guy on LS1tech that recently picked one up for 700. The chick that had it didn't know what she had, the car sat broke down for months. She listed the car for $500. Dude was on his way there to pick it up and she called him and said that she had someone on the other line that was going to be wiring her 600 into her account. Dude said that he'd give her 700 when he got there, as he was only 5 minutes away.
He got there, picked up the car, filled it with water and drove away. Come to find out it was a water pump... The guy fixed the car and took it to the dragstrip later that week and ran 13.1's.

With a total investment of under a grand so far, the possibilties of that project are endless...

Totally jealous after I read that story.

T-Bag
11-01-2008, 10:49 AM
There was a guy on LS1tech that recently picked one up for 700. The chick that had it didn't know what she had, the car sat broke down for months. She listed the car for $500. Dude was on his way there to pick it up and she called him and said that she had someone on the other line that was going to be wiring her 600 into her account. Dude said that he'd give her 700 when he got there, as he was only 5 minutes away.
He got there, picked up the car, filled it with water and drove away. Come to find out it was a water pump... The guy fixed the car and took it to the dragstrip later that week and ran 13.1's.

With a total investment of under a grand so far, the possibilties of that project are endless...

Totally jealous after I read that story.

Holy shit, I wish I was that guy.

But the chances of that happening are slim to none...and the chances of you being the first person there with the cash are also very slim.

To be more on the realistic side, you're probably looking at 6k for a decent LS1 at a good price.

Irish
11-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Holy shit, I wish I was that guy.

But the chances of that happening are slim to none...and the chances of you being the first person there with the cash are also very slim.

To be more on the realistic side, you're probably looking at 6k for a decent LS1 at a good price.

And even then, that is not a bad price.

<--- Would take an LS1 over a 2V mod motor any day of the week.

STANMAN
11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
And even then, that is not a bad price.

<--- Would take an LS1 over a 2V mod motor any day of the week.

But would you take the whole package of the Maro over the new edge Mustang? Lots of consumers responded no, hence the Maro went the way of the dodo, the Mustang still lives. And the 350 should be perfected by now, they have only been working with it for what, 30 some years:rolf

That being said, LS1's, and even LT1's are pretty easy and cheap to mod and make fast, while us Stang guys only have one real path, forced induction of some sort.

Irish
11-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I didn't say I wouldn't take 3V or a 4V though....

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 01:35 AM
no, i was saying that your car wouldn't stand a chance against mikes white stang. saying that his white car is a "bolt on 5.0" is a little stretch :wow give it a whirl if you want, but you better be packing a power adder under your hood. not trying to be a ****, but that car is fast.

I dont wanna give up your power numbers Eric, but my ride doesnt make more than 400 on my lil 75 dry. Would I say Im trying to be a Hardass on the internet?...No, Even though you never met me skeletor, I respect ya cause it seems ya did your research on the stuff...If it was some Jagoff shooting his mouth off about some shit that didnt research the stuff. I wouldnt of accepted your friendly challenge.
PS. Thanx for the compliments Eric. If it was me and you from a actual dig run once, it would have to be heads up! Even though not a mod motor fan your sheet gets down also.:thumbsup

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 01:44 AM
But would you take the whole package of the Maro over the new edge Mustang? Lots of consumers responded no, hence the Maro went the way of the dodo, the Mustang still lives. And the 350 should be perfected by now, they have only been working with it for what, 30 some years:rolf

That being said, LS1's, and even LT1's are pretty easy and cheap to mod and make fast, while us Stang guys only have one real path, forced induction of some sort.

Stanman if your car makes 380 at the fly I will be impressed but then you take at the rear wheels HP and you still are barely/maybe take a LS car with bolt ons. So lemme get this straight, you would take less cubes, spend 4 g's on a blower to get it to make 400 HP?. Or buy a LS and swap a cam and pocket port the heads to get 500 HP?. If your a ford guy thats great but lets be realistic here. Every LB of boost is worth 7% of power, So what are you making at the fly, or RWHP with the 15% drivetrain loss? I wouldnt say LS cars are the best but they are damn good with minimal work.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 10:09 AM
Stanman if your car makes 380 at the fly I will be impressed but then you take at the rear wheels HP and you still are barely/maybe take a LS car with bolt ons. So lemme get this straight, you would take less cubes, spend 4 g's on a blower to get it to make 400 HP?. Or buy a LS and swap a cam and pocket port the heads to get 500 HP?. If your a ford guy thats great but lets be realistic here. Every LB of boost is worth 7% of power, So what are you making at the fly, or RWHP with the 15% drivetrain loss? I wouldnt say LS cars are the best but they are damn good with minimal work.

My car makes 440 at the rears on a dynojet with the street tune, able to make much more with my current set up, but I had them de-tune it because thats the neighborhood that the stock shortblock can handle. And yes, I would take the whole package of a Mustang over a 4th gen anyday. Nothing about them appeals to me besides their drivetrains. I think they are just horribly designed cars to be honest. They all dimple on the rear quarters, the dash is huge, I mean you could play that old vibratory football game on it if you had the little plastic guys, the trans comes into the passenger compartment (be a passenger in one, tell me how your left foot feels after about 10 minutes), the rear ends can implode bone stock, and I don't like their overall look. The only saving grace for the 4th gen F body is the motor and the T56. Don't think that the Mustangs are perfect either, the shifter location on the SN95's and New Edges is horrid, it's like not even in the same zip code as the driver, but there's alot more to LIKE about Mustangs than their GM counterparts. Like the fact they are still in production:rolf Another thing you have to remember is the price between them when they were still both in production. The difference in stickers would allow you to put a charger on a Stang right from the word go and still have cash left over.

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Doesnt your car make around 290 stock? wud have to make more than 15 lbs of boost to do that.

redpony06
11-02-2008, 11:20 AM
440rwhp and only runs mid 12's?

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Doesnt your car make around 290 stock? wud have to make more than 15 lbs of boost to do that.

I was there at the dyno runs with 07. Was there 4.6 I was impressed with ?Yes and they were great guys and talked about there setup with me. Do I think your ride is making that kind of power, I dont think so but I will go with it just for the sake of thread.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 06:48 PM
440rwhp and only runs mid 12's?

Yeah, at 115. The power is there to run high 11's, the traction is not.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 06:50 PM
I was there at the dyno runs with 07. Was there 4.6 I was impressed with ?Yes and they were great guys and talked about there setup with me. Do I think your ride is making that kind of power, I dont think so but I will go with it just for the sake of thread.

Who are you again? Where do you get the inside info on my car?? I can post a dyno sheet if that would make you a believer, lol.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Lets see if this works.

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Calling BS!:):headbang you got a race next year Mr... : ) Heads up, roll race, whateva ya like. I dont even make 400 on the bottle I dont think you make that. Not trying to be the King Kong here, but sounds fishy to me. You in?

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 07:33 PM
If you on DR's and it sits the way it sits, Im game:) I run 17's and its lowered wich means not a dedicated drag car since I gotta drive almost 100 miles. But im in, if your in:thumbsup Friendly run:) Im always up to get my azz handed to me once in a while on a friendly run.

Irish
11-02-2008, 07:38 PM
If you on DR's and it sits the way it sits, Im game:) I run 17's and its lowered wich means not a dedicated drag car since I gotta drive almost 100 miles. But im in, if your in:thumbsup Friendly run:) Im always up to get my azz handed to me once in a while on a friendly run.

Dude I don't have a hard time believing that at all? It is a 3 Valve motor not a 2 Valve motor.

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 07:42 PM
Dude I don't have a hard time believing that at all? It is a 3 Valve motor not a 2 Valve motor.

It doesnt matter. Just trying to get him fired up for next year.:fire I would like a shot at it though. So Im still gonna call BS! just for the PROOOOVE EEET factor!:headbang

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 08:35 PM
You don't have to call BS to get me to race, I love racing. Why wait till next year though, it's supposed to be warm all week.:thumbsup

Z28Envy
11-02-2008, 08:40 PM
A lot of racing going on in this thread. Wish I could compete but in shit is slowwww! Come on up to Plymouth Bob. We have a few things that are willing to play. Even if we lose it would be fun!

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 08:45 PM
^^^^^ I love it. Your ride moves the mail and damn kleen. My stuffs put away.:crying and would have to move A LOTA Junk to get to it. Your name is Bob I guess. I just like to catcha race with ya next year. Maybe meet up on the HWY and do a roll race for sheets n gigs.:) Most of the times I saw ya you were always going the other way on the road.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 08:49 PM
^^^^^ I love it. Your ride moves the mail and damn kleen. My stuffs put away.:crying and would have to move A LOTA Junk to get to it. Your name is Bob I guess. I just like to catcha race with ya next year. Maybe meet up on the HWY and do a roll race for sheets n gigs.:) Most of the times I saw ya you were always going the other way on the road.

Not a problem, you will probably catch me with M/T's next year though, those should take care of my traction problems. Hopefully, lol. Nitto's wear nice, but the traction isn't as good as the other DR's on the market!

Irish
11-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I want to play too!!

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 09:01 PM
I will stop now:rolf.... Anywayz I am very greatful they are making 2 valve heads for the guys that have these cars and want to modify them. I wish every car was like that. If I had a 2 valve and it beat a 3 valve with some mods also I would be feel great about it.. anybody that builds one has my utmost respect for doing this if his is a 2.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I will stop now:rolf.... Anywayz I am very greatful they are making 2 valve heads for the guys that have these cars and want to modify them. I wish every car was like that. If I had a 2 valve and it beat a 3 valve with some mods also I would be feel great about it.. anybody that builds one has my utmost respect for doing this if his is a 2.

X2, the 2 valve, even with the PI heads is still an uphill battle. And yes Josh, you are invited, lol!!!

Do you guys agree with my view on 4th gen Maro's BTW???

Z28Envy
11-02-2008, 09:12 PM
X2, the 2 valve, even with the PI heads is still an uphill battle. And yes Josh, you are invited, lol!!!

Do you guys agree with my view on 4th gen Maro's BTW???

I don't agree totally with you Bob!:goof The only thing I don't like about my car is the 10 bolt. I could easily run in the 11's with a little bit of traction and up my shot a little bit more. Not bad for not having much done to my car at all!

Sprayaway Fox
11-02-2008, 09:14 PM
IRISH PM SENT Kinda, but I digm, I think they look good. Has better interior than my Nintendo dash in my Mustang.

STANMAN
11-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Some do look good, like Envy's there, not a horrid looking example of a Maro. The rest was pretty spot on though. Envy's, does yours have the dimples in the 1/4's? To be honest Beagles is the only one I have ever seen that doesn't have them. What is the reason for them BTW, some kind of flaw in the suspension or something?

Z28Envy
11-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Some do look good, like Envy's there, not a horrid looking example of a Maro. The rest was pretty spot on though. Envy's, does yours have the dimples in the 1/4's? To be honest Beagles is the only one I have ever seen that doesn't have them. What is the reason for them BTW, some kind of flaw in the suspension or something?

I guess I am not quite sure what you mean about dimples. Mine might but can't honestly answer the questions because I'm not sure what you are reffering too.

Waver
11-02-2008, 10:46 PM
I dont wanna give up your power numbers Eric, but my ride doesnt make more than 400 on my lil 75 dry. Would I say Im trying to be a Hardass on the internet?...No, Even though you never met me skeletor, I respect ya cause it seems ya did your research on the stuff...If it was some Jagoff shooting his mouth off about some shit that didnt research the stuff. I wouldnt of accepted your friendly challenge.
PS. Thanx for the compliments Eric. If it was me and you from a actual dig run once, it would have to be heads up! Even though not a mod motor fan your sheet gets down also.:thumbsup

true, you and I have never met, but we are freinds with some of the same people....Thanks for the compliment. I dont care if anyone knows what I have uneder the hood...at this point I am debating about if I want to go with a s trim or a kenne bell.....I am leaning towords the kenne bell right now since 420 rwhp on a stock engine sounds a bit better than the 368 with an s trim on a stock motor....Since I plan on doing exhaust mods, I expect that number to put me right at the limit of flywheel hp for the hyper t pistons....I have heard people hit low 12's at 9 psi and low 11's at 14 psi (adds an additional 260 hp)....we will have to see...the advantage to going with a kenne bell also is that since it replaces the one part that has been holding me back from spraying it (the plastic pi intake) I could run a small shot on it as well:devil Oh well eigther way, it should be a fun buildup, and I will have that sweet sound that the cobras get.

I dont feel that it is an uphill battle with the 2v verses the 3v/4v engines as far as building hp, at least for what I am going after. Since the car is 95% stock right now, and all it really needs is sticky tires and it will be in the high 13's and with a tune and gears it will be hitting the same time as the best I ran with my bolt on 5.0. The toughest part of the 2v is that it is a little behind the 3v/4v asfar as the aftermarket goes, however I think that will change as time goes on....just recently they have been comming out with new intakes for it as well as these new heads....now if only they could make one of those intakes beat the pi intake across the board like the bullit intake does, then that might sway me to the s trim.....

STANMAN
11-03-2008, 12:14 AM
I guess I am not quite sure what you mean about dimples. Mine might but can't honestly answer the questions because I'm not sure what you are reffering too.

It looks like minor hail damage on the rear 1/4's only. Like I said, I have looked at a ton of 4th gens, and Beagles is the only one I have seen that doesn't have it. I have heard (just heard mind you, don't know if this is the real reason) that it has something to do with the suspension???

STANMAN
11-03-2008, 12:16 AM
true, you and I have never met, but we are freinds with some of the same people....Thanks for the compliment. I dont care if anyone knows what I have uneder the hood...at this point I am debating about if I want to go with a s trim or a kenne bell.....I am leaning towords the kenne bell right now since 420 rwhp on a stock engine sounds a bit better than the 368 with an s trim on a stock motor....Since I plan on doing exhaust mods, I expect that number to put me right at the limit of flywheel hp for the hyper t pistons....I have heard people hit low 12's at 9 psi and low 11's at 14 psi (adds an additional 260 hp)....we will have to see...the advantage to going with a kenne bell also is that since it replaces the one part that has been holding me back from spraying it (the plastic pi intake) I could run a small shot on it as well:devil Oh well eigther way, it should be a fun buildup, and I will have that sweet sound that the cobras get.

I dont feel that it is an uphill battle with the 2v verses the 3v/4v engines as far as building hp, at least for what I am going after. Since the car is 95% stock right now, and all it really needs is sticky tires and it will be in the high 13's and with a tune and gears it will be hitting the same time as the best I ran with my bolt on 5.0. The toughest part of the 2v is that it is a little behind the 3v/4v asfar as the aftermarket goes, however I think that will change as time goes on....just recently they have been comming out with new intakes for it as well as these new heads....now if only they could make one of those intakes beat the pi intake across the board like the bullit intake does, then that might sway me to the s trim.....

Just so you know Nick, don't be expecting the typical Kenne Belle sound that the Cobra's get, on the 2V's it sounds a ton different. Still lounder whine than mine (you can't hear mine at all), but don't be expecting the Cobra whine either.

Z28Envy
11-03-2008, 12:17 AM
It looks like minor hail damage on the rear 1/4's only. Like I said, I have looked at a ton of 4th gens, and Beagles is the only one I have seen that doesn't have it. I have heard (just heard mind you, don't know if this is the real reason) that it has something to do with the suspension???

I don't have anything like that on mine that I have ever seen.

OxmanWI
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
I could go with a 3 or 4V head, but I choose to stick with the 2V set up that came with the car. I like to stay with the same deal and work from there. Currently I'm having a aluminum teskid forged block built with PI ported heads, oversized valves, blower cams and a Tork Tech SC this winter. I'm hoping to make some where near 500 at the wheels with this set up on low compression and lots of boost. Granted a Vette motor or 3-4V would perform much better then my 2V set up, but I like to keep it simple with what I like.

OxmanWI
11-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Latest news!!!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=121612

I was reading the thread, here are some pictures posted today, not sure if it's for real or not.

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/TFStech/SEMA08010.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/TFStech/SEMA08009.jpg

http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk118/TFStech/SEMA08008.jpg

Cjburn
11-04-2008, 05:32 PM
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1067575

240 CFM intake side, out of the box

Stangman98
11-09-2008, 10:56 PM
Yes it's real. And so is the price tag on them...$2000+
Yes they are suppose to outflow CNC'd stage 2 heads, buy about 15 maybe 20 cfm. I doubt they will be available when they say they will be either.
Doesn't matter to me, I am fine with a good set of PI heads. Goal for me is going to be in the 700RWHP when all is said and done.

CobraSnake
11-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Just so you know Nick, don't be expecting the typical Kenne Belle sound that the Cobra's get, on the 2V's it sounds a ton different. Still lounder whine than mine (you can't hear mine at all), but don't be expecting the Cobra whine either.

mine has the cobra whine:devil

badass88gt
11-10-2008, 06:13 PM
You guys remind me just how fun it is to beat up on boosted Mustangs with my naturally aspirated junk.

STANMAN
11-10-2008, 06:16 PM
You guys remind me just how fun it is to beat up on boosted Mustangs with my naturally aspirated junk.

Who's boosted mustangs have you beat up on? DETAILS man, we all love hearing about wins/losses!!!

BlackLightning
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
I wish these would have been out mid year so I could have put them on the new motor :(

here are some more pics and an info sheet.

http://www.racers-edge.org/s55.jpg
http://www.racers-edge.org/s56.jpg
http://www.racers-edge.org/s57.jpg
http://www.racers-edge.org/s58.jpg
http://www.racers-edge.org/s59.jpg

badass88gt
11-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Who's boosted mustangs have you beat up on? DETAILS man, we all love hearing about wins/losses!!!

Just random Mustangs up at WIR, usually Foxes. Other than that I just timeslip race. As long as I have Coop covered I'm ok.