PDA

View Full Version : Flowtech "Terminator" mufflers

Voodoo Chick
10-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Anyone here ever have them/know someone who has? I am looking for the loudest, most aggressive muffler possible, but glasspacks are not an option. Any suggestions would be cool. I posted muffler questions a while back for a different car, you guys gave some great advice. The car this time is an Olds, with a 455 rocket engine, if that helps at all...........Thanks.

Sprayaway Fox
10-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Stay away from rolled edge mufflers get ones that have are welded seams. I ran a VORTEX by cherry bomb and I like that very much (nice low tone) get a chambered muffler. I like the flowpath of a MAC muffler (my new fav muffler) over a Flowmaster.

Voodoo Chick
10-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Do you have MAC mufflers on your car? I am assuming so, lol....Would you have a sound clip at all??

theavenger333
10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
otherwise go with the Bullet style mufflers, they're like glasspacks, but slight mufflers. i think summit has their own line of them, so they're cheap

Sprayaway Fox
10-29-2008, 01:19 AM
No idont but I have ran cherry bombs, dynomax prf mufflers. warlocks?(the ones with uncap), Schoenfields, Macs, Flowmaster Amer. Thunders, 40,50 series, Purple hornies, Dynomax bullets, Vortex, Jegs performace mufflers, Spintechs, Supertrapps. RAN them on SBC, BBC and SBFs.

Gotta say my MAC's i just snagged but otherwise for a inset offset app Flowmasters, vortex, summit chambered.If you want to make it more deep you can buy those weld on tips that are like 3.5 and 16" long that weld to a 2.5. I gotem on my stang and they make it sound even more deep and look good. Every car is going to sound diff though It gives you a general clue of a sound clip but could sound tottally diff on your app.Big cubes and at least a 2.5 exhaust and any of these mufflers will make it sound deep. If its not put some bigger tips as described.

70 cutlass 442
10-29-2008, 03:00 AM
455s sound really good with a x pipe and dumps