PDA

View Full Version : McGee sentenced to 6.5 years in prison!!

mrz28M6
10-28-2008, 01:14 PM
well he was pretty crooked!! 6.5 years in prison! whoa!

70 cutlass 442
10-28-2008, 01:18 PM
he will be paroled in 2

HY35F2T
10-28-2008, 01:19 PM
huber in 4months

tbarsch
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM
...and he'll probably get elected back into office by the "peeps" in his district...

:chair:

DirtyMax
10-28-2008, 01:24 PM
Back on the Common Council by 2010....

-stew-
10-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Back on the Common Council by 2010....

My bet is 2012. Any one who doesn't vote should be forced to live in his district. And have to move their business's there as well.

That_Guy
10-28-2008, 01:48 PM
My bet is 2012. Any one who doesn't vote should be forced to live in his district. And have to move their business's there as well.

agreed

GRAMPS SS
10-28-2008, 05:24 PM
got 6.5 and out in less then 2.....that's justice...

That_Guy
10-28-2008, 05:36 PM
i believe he has a federal sentence correct.. i dont think you can serve them at the same time...

subliminal1284
10-28-2008, 05:38 PM
He must of pissed off the wrong person and got caught or else all politicians would be locked up.

RanJer
10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Former Ald. Michael McGee was sentenced today to 6½ years in prison on his conviction for bribery, extortion and other crimes - well below the punishment recommended by federal sentencing guidelines.

The guidelines, which are advisory only, called for McGee to receive 12½ to 15½ years in prison, and the prosecution asked for a sentence in the middle of that range. The defense asked for four years.

U.S. District Judge Charles Clevert said he had seen a change in McGee from his first court appearance to now. Clevert also said McGee had done a lot of good during his one term in office, but that he also victimized business owners by shaking them down for bribes.

"It is crystal clear in this case that we have the good, the bad and the ugly," Clevert said.

McGee, 39, was convicted by a jury in June on nine counts that included bribery, extortion, attempted extortion and trying to hide a $30,000 transaction. McGee still faces state charges that he conspired to have a man beaten and other charges.

In a statement he read in court, McGee apologized for his actions and said he understood what he did was against the law.

"I am so sorry that it makes me sick," McGee said. "I am a very poor, broken man."

McGee's father, also named Michael McGee, spoke on his son's behalf. The elder McGee, who also served as an alderman, told Clevert he could see where his son was getting "drunk on power" and told him so, but the younger McGee didn't heed the advice.

Afterward today's hearing, McGee's father said he was pleased with the sentence and that he hoped young people would listen to their elders.

"If you follow them, you won't go wrong," he said.

McGee's attorney, Calvin Malone, said he thought the sentence was fair and that he had not had a chance to consult with McGee about an appeal yet.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Joseph Wall declined to comment.

With time already served and credit for good time, McGee will be done with his federal prison term in about 4½ years.

How is he sentenced... he has more court to go to according to CCAP....

Reverend Cooper
10-28-2008, 06:51 PM
hip hip hoooray

Holeshot
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Thats all that piece of shit got !! That was the Federal charges. What did the state sentence him for.

RanJer
10-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Thats all that piece of shit got !! That was the Federal charges. What did the state sentence him for.

State stuff is still in the works.. trial dates in December

Russ Jerome
10-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Total bull schiot.
Elected offical threatens peoples life on tape.

If I (white guy) held some cop or other city offical
against the wall and said I was gonna analy rape
them if they didnt pay whay would my sentence be?

This guy say's he will have people killed and walks and
will be out in 3yrs max. I start robbing these little store
owners he fleaced and I would get 10-20 mandatory.