PDA

View Full Version : Need snowmobile work done

badass88gt
10-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I may be buying an MXZ, needs crank bearings. Anyone have a hookup? Thanks-Dan

70 cutlass 442
10-27-2008, 05:51 PM
what year, how much, what size. ill tell you that unless this thing looks like its off the show room floor, and you get it for a hell of a deal, its not going to be worth it..... the bearings them selvs can run up to 50-75 each.... the sealer that they use to seal the two case halfs back togeather is $50 a tube, im sure you can use a yamabond but we always used OEM stuff and it was expensive..... then you still got all the seals, gaskets, and what not.... if you are serious on getting it all dont give me a PM and ill get you a price quote, i would have one of the techs at the dealer ship i used to work at do it on the side... he is BRP certified and everything...

Trutildeathxxx
10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
we can get all that stuff through are shop as well, wiseco sells an awesome kit i just put in my sled at way less than a brp kit and the parts look way nicer. i also would be willing to screw it together for ya

badass88gt
10-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Its a 99 MXZ670HO that I can pick up for $600. He was told it needs crank bearings. I dont know if it needs just the outer or everything. If its too much to fix it I will buy it and part it out. Thanks-Dan

70 cutlass 442
10-27-2008, 08:19 PM
get him down to less, the wiseco kit is a decent kit, but then you will have to bore/ hone the cyls, your still gona have a fair ammount of cash into it, $600 isnt that great for a 99 with a bad motor, check the suspension and everything, you can easily have hundred into the rear skid alone, if everything is perfact there then it mite be a wash when your all said and done if your lucky

Trutildeathxxx
10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
get him down to less, the wiseco kit is a decent kit, but then you will have to bore/ hone the cyls, your still gona have a fair ammount of cash into it, $600 isnt that great for a 99 with a bad motor, check the suspension and everything, you can easily have hundred into the rear skid alone, if everything is perfact there then it mite be a wash when your all said and done if your lucky

no, wiseco has a gasket set, and bearing available, if the pistons and cyl look good, there is no need to bore and hone them. that probably has nickel plated cylinders so it would have to be sent out unless someone around here has a diamond hone. its still gonna be a fair amount of money, but still cheaper than any other running sled of that year, pending how the rest of the sled looks

Trutildeathxxx
10-27-2008, 08:27 PM
or another option, put a post on amsnow.com or sledhead247.com looking for a 2 cyl motor skidoo motor, anything from that time period should fit in fairly easy. im sure there are some on ebay as well.

70 cutlass 442
10-27-2008, 08:28 PM
id say hes better off buying yours, i mean its really hard to tell until you see what shape the rest of this machine is, but he could buy it thinking it just needs a motor and then you get it and every bearing and wheel is fvcked in the rear skid.... it is a 10 year old machine soo its hard to tell unless you see it in person i guess....

badass88gt
10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I know for a fact there is more than $600 in parts on it with the skis, shocks, rear skid, new track with studs, seat, gauges, etc. Ive bought alot of this stuff myself for my sled, Ive been offered $400 for the just the exhaust off of it because you just cant find them anywhere for the 670HO. SC10II skids go for over $200 on DooTalk, Flex skis fetch over $100, plus it has the decent HPGs on it front, middle and rear. I'm probably gonna buy it to part it out, I'll pull the engine apart myself and see exactly whats involved. Worst case scenario I guess is I dismantle a junk engine and part that out too. The sled belongs to a good friend of mine who is meticulous when it comes to maintenance, I have no concerns there.

Trutildeathxxx
10-27-2008, 09:07 PM
good call

juicedimpss
10-28-2008, 08:20 AM
they are all worth more in pieces than together,especially when they are a few years old.

make sure you know everything you are getting into before you commit to putting it together,you can easily bury yourself in the sled.