PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl XXXVIII

Knyghtmare
01-07-2004, 04:46 PM
I would love to see it be the Packers and the Colts. That would be awesome. Manning vs Favre.

I cant make honest prediction, because I am biased. lol But this is what I would like to see for a match up in the Super Bowl.

Prince Valiant
01-07-2004, 05:05 PM
I've never been much on predictions...I am too much of a "homer" in that I would predict the Packers w/o any analysis....

Out of the AFC I have my doubts about the colts. Sure, Peyton has gotten one monkey off his back....but can he do it again? Will the next story be that he can't advance to the AFC championships no matter who he's got around him? The colts have disappointed fans before.

Kansas City seems to be a good, but "lucky" team...like the bears of two years ago with a couple of improbable victories that make them look better than they are. When they aren't making spetacular plays that happen in large part of dumb luck, then the chiefs look pretty ordinary.

Titans. Haven't payed much attention to them. Don't care about them. I like mcnair and george....but the "toughness" exhibited by either is GREATLY exagerated.

The Pats. They look GREAT. Fairly dominating and they play like a team (like the packers do currently)...I pick them out of the AFC

NFC: Why bother? Carolina bleh. Rams...they have too much turmoil in the locker room to exhibit the focus needed to win the NFC championship, much less the superbowl. I like the pack and will be rooting for them. If the eagles can beat them, it looks like an eagles/pat Superbowl with the patsy's winning by two touchdowns. If the pack wins, pack/pats superbowl (rematch) with a pack win :thumbsup

As you can tell, I go by feel vs match-ups.
As far as this weekend....I feel good about the pack. We gave them all they could handle and they only eeked out a win against a pack defense that was considerably weaker then. Now with the eagles current injuries the seahawks actually seem like a better team than the eagles position for position....sooooo as they like to say, any given sunday! :banana