PDA

View Full Version : Hey xbox 360 guys

SlowStee
10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
OUCH!!!

http://www.electronista.com/articles/08/10/16/microsoft.faces.x360.suit/

Microsoft is facing a class action lawsuit for the Xbox 360's chronic breakdown problems, a summary notes. Although the company has already extended warranties to account for the "red ring of death" -- a failure where regular overheating loosens chip connections and usually ruins the system -- a Sacramento County complaint accuses Microsoft of not only manufacturing a known defective product but of deliberately hiding the failure rate, encouraging customers to buy without warning them that their system will likely fail.

Nix
10-25-2008, 05:09 PM
Shit boy, that sucks! :stare :banana1:

T-Bag
10-25-2008, 06:36 PM
Haha that's funny because I just bought a new one when my RRoD. Its shitty business that's for sure...but supposedly the latest chip isn't supposed to be as susceptible to overheating as the previous chips.

I own PS3/360 and have to say the PS3 is a much better machine overall...it just suffers from being released way too late with little initial third party support. Its slowly coming up though...MGS4 FTMFW

Reverend Cooper
10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
oh boy i feel bad bill gates may lose some money,wow

Goat Roper
10-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I put one of those cooling fans on the back of mine after a video failure, been good since. But yes, this has been a huge issue that needs some resolution from MS.

theavenger333
10-27-2008, 01:22 AM
i have a "2nd gen" box, couldn't care less

udlose98
10-27-2008, 01:23 AM
I think i read last night that they have a ~16% fail rate.

Silver86
10-27-2008, 05:11 AM
eh... got mine earlier this summer... no problems... yet...

T-Bag
10-27-2008, 05:52 AM
i have a "2nd gen" box, couldn't care less

They aren't immune either, just less susceptible to failure...there have been quite a few reports of RRoD's. You better start knocking on wood

Exitspeed
10-27-2008, 02:02 PM
I have a day one system that still works. :stare Knock on wood.

I wonder if I can sign up for the lawsuit. I've been kinda pissed about buying the thing since almost day one when I started hearing about the problems.

I know one thing is sir sure, I will NOT be buying another MS console unless they give me a DAMN good reason to.

shoooo32
10-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I have a launch box but I put a fan on it. No problems yet!

moels
10-27-2008, 03:46 PM
What kind of fan did you guys put in yours? Or did you just by an external one. I have the 2 red light crap going on ( overheating ) and I took th ecover off and ran the thing all night. Put the cover back together and back to 2 red rings. Piss me off!

Cryptic
10-27-2008, 03:50 PM
Ps3 FTW :headbang

Nick
10-27-2008, 03:51 PM
I still have my 360 for sale with games and 3 controllers. Works perfect.

I too enjoy my PS3
Cryptic, add me on PSN: RudeMood2

Silver86
10-27-2008, 03:53 PM
What kind of fan did you guys put in yours? Or did you just by an external one. I have the 2 red light crap going on ( overheating ) and I took th ecover off and ran the thing all night. Put the cover back together and back to 2 red rings. Piss me off!

this thing is what i think theyre talking about...

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=42729

shoooo32
10-27-2008, 04:14 PM

send it back to microsoft. Even with proper cooling, now that the solder is loose it will still fail.

moels
10-27-2008, 07:14 PM
send it back to microsoft. Even with proper cooling, now that the solder is loose it will still fail.

Just got back with the intercooler dealio and put the 360 back together. Started right up, so I am letting it run and see how long it will go. Maybe I will get lucky, maybe not. If this doesn't solve it, I may just send it in. Will they still fix it even though the sticker inside is damaged from me taking this pos apart?

Silver86
10-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Just got back with the intercooler dealio and put the 360 back together. Started right up, so I am letting it run and see how long it will go. Maybe I will get lucky, maybe not. If this doesn't solve it, I may just send it in. Will they still fix it even though the sticker inside is damaged from me taking this pos apart?

thats a tough one...

you may want to do some poking around here>>> http://forums.xbox.com/

theavenger333
10-27-2008, 09:56 PM
they fail for one reason, and one reason only. HEAT. do'nt put the damn thing in a entertainment center, or with anything on top of it. i have mine on a cabinet, it's ventilated, and have no pets to clog up the exhaust. not to mention i have the extended warranty from Target for 3 years. something goes wrong i just take it back and get a new one

moels
10-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Mine is well ventilated as well. I think I have to look at doing the thermo paste deal and it should be alright.

Silver86
10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
they fail for one reason, and one reason only. HEAT. do'nt put the damn thing in a entertainment center, or with anything on top of it. i have mine on a cabinet, it's ventilated, and have no pets to clog up the exhaust. not to mention i have the extended warranty from Target for 3 years. something goes wrong i just take it back and get a new one

mines in my entertainment center, but isnt crowded... theres plenty of space around it... it barely gets warm to the touch...

but i think it really depends on the entertainment center... some are cramped...

SlowStee
10-28-2008, 02:59 AM

I specifically hope YOURS crashes. :)