PDA

View Full Version : Companies with GREAT health insurance.....

Car Guy
10-25-2008, 02:14 PM
I'll try to keep this short and to the point......:)

My wife was 'let go' from Bucyrus (in So. Milw.) about a month ago where she was a Senior Mechanical CAD drafter for almost two years. She was the sole provider of health insurance in our household so now we are without ANY coverage what so ever. She started off looking for another CAD drafter position immediately but they are just not out there at the moment like they were a year or so ago. With that being said it has now come to a point that we need the health insurance more than the amount of hourly pay, to a certain extent fo course. She is willing to take a different position that doesn't pay nearly as much as what Bucyrus was but IT MUST HAVE GREAT HEALTH INSURANCE! She would prefer to stay with CAD drafting but in the end the lesser pay with something else would be made up by better health insurance coverage......

PLEASE let me know if you know of or work for a company that offers GREAT health insurance, would just like to know where she should start looking. When we first met she was under her parent’s health insurance because she was still going to college. Her father was still working at Miller Brewery (recently retired) and the coverage was outstanding for her......

~Justin :thumbsup

Prince Valiant
10-25-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't feel limited only by what an employer offers...there are literally a myriad of plans out there that can offer a host of very affordable premiums/structure as you see fit...if anything, these plans can serve as a stop-gap for the "just-in-case" scenario's, or, as many self-employed do, serve as their actual insurance.

That said, as far as employers and benefits go, one of the better plans imo are offered by Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare...obviously they don't offer anything I'm aware of that fit your wife's skills, but they offer a number of jobs that feature full benefits that are relatively easy to obtain.

Car Guy
10-25-2008, 02:51 PM
That is what she's looking for Chris, something that you don't need a degree for but pays a 'decent' wage and has GREAT coverage. I myself am the absolute definition of 'low-maintenance' when it comes to health care needs but my wife has allergies, stomach issues, and many others all needing pills of one sort or another. I never realized how much some of that medication retails for until she went to ask, nearly laughed myself silly when she told me.....:goof

lordairgtar
10-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Even with small companies like I work for, insurance are a major cost, both for the employer and the employee. I am paying $478.74 per month on mine. Finding alternate insurance on your own might be difficult if your wife has pre-existing health problems. Most won't touch you, or you will pay an extremely high premium. Maybe getting into teaching her skills at a tech school would be for her as the teachers sometimes have pretty good plans. I don't know what her plan was like, but mine was a 80%/20% plan with $5000 deductibles on major medical, plus $30 office visit, $150 ER, and $15, $25, $30 for prescriptions.

Breecher_7
10-25-2008, 06:05 PM
Great health coverage is becoming a thing of the past. Hell even people that work in the health care industry are getting screwed now.

Good luck on the search. Id have some leads for you but none of them would be fore a cad drafter position or anything of that sort.

wrath
10-25-2008, 06:36 PM
What kind of CAD? Does she know ArcGIS?

Medical Insurance plans suck in Wisconsin. I think it's because it's dominated by a bunch of rinky-dink places so there aren't enough GIANT ones to be able to strong-arm the treatment centers. So you have a couple dozen little ones and they're inefficient while having no bargaining power.

GRAMPS SS
10-25-2008, 10:41 PM
Great health coverage is becoming a thing of the past. Hell even people that work in the health care industry are getting screwed now.

Good luck on the search. Id have some leads for you but none of them would be fore a cad drafter position or anything of that sort.

heath care coverage is great...my wife has been in the RN for over 27 years.and just had her ten year as a RNOCN....and is not being screw by insurence...matter a fact she's getting a better plan now...:thumbsup

CobraSnake
10-26-2008, 11:26 AM
move to canada:goof

animal
10-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Go work for the state or the federal govt, they seem to have pretty good healthcare. Find a postal carrier job, prison guard, airport TSA, etc.

There's always UPS but I doubt you'd want to be lugging boxes if you're over like 25 heh.

pOrk
10-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Starting pay by me is 13-15 and insurance is 18 bucks every two weeks, great coverage.

Metalcraft of Mayville, West Best Location

lasttimearound
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Go work for the state or the federal govt, they seem to have pretty good healthcare. Find a postal carrier job, prison guard, airport TSA, etc.

There's always UPS but I doubt you'd want to be lugging boxes if you're over like 25 heh.

pretty sure the new UPS union contract is that you have to wait a year for insurance.

Car Guy
10-27-2008, 01:20 PM
You are correct, I know three people that work there.....

Exitspeed
10-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Justin, my wife works for a company called Accenture. It's a HUGE global company. They have something like 200,000 employees which gives them great insurance buying power. her benefits are CHEAP. They really take care of their employees. To start she got 5 weeks + of vacation. Yes, seriously. I'm jealous too. They get corporate discounts on damn near anything you can think of purchasing also.

Down side is, it's really hard to get employed by them so we hear. She had like 4 or 5 interviews. One with the Miller execs. (she works within Miller for Accenture).

Hope that helps. :)

-Mel