PDA

View Full Version : Does this bother anyone else?

Smokey1226
10-23-2008, 11:40 PM
It makes me sick to see our country in an economic crisis (if you want to put it that way, i'd really like to say how i feel but the lang. would get me banned)

But about this whole presidental race stuff, For instance....the RNC just gave McCain 84Million dollars. And Obama paid 35k+ just to change the logo picture on his PLANE....correction more like leer jet.

Catch my drift yet? If not ill keep going....

Last month the total to date was like over 120 million spent by Obama's Campain. That was last month, i can only guess what its up to now that we are getting closer to D-Day.

So let me put this all together. Over the last 2 years these Politians have been flying all around the country, put up in hotels Probably free of charge, using the Government's money to cart them around. WHich of course is funded by us, and they spend CRAZY amount of money.

WTF MATE. Pool that money together and that would equal a DAMN good start to jumping this economy :flipoff2:

Sprayaway Fox
10-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Special interest run this country. Beestards!

Flicktitty
10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
it's as bad as Palin spending 150K+ on cloths.

Smokey1226
10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
great point!!! i forgot to add that!

LIZMO
10-24-2008, 12:05 AM
who even needs that much clothing.. wtf

GRAMPS SS
10-24-2008, 12:17 AM
well........... forget my thoughts on the subject...they would be wrong anyways...

WhatsADSM
10-24-2008, 12:21 AM
It makes me sick to see our country in an economic crisis (if you want to put it that way, i'd really like to say how i feel but the lang. would get me banned)

But about this whole presidental race stuff, For instance....the RNC just gave McCain 84Million dollars. And Obama paid 35k+ just to change the logo picture on his PLANE....correction more like leer jet.

Last month the total to date was like over 120 million spent by Obama's Campain. That was last month, i can only guess what its up to now that we are getting closer to D-Day.

So let me put this all together. Over the last 2 years these Politians have been flying all around the country, put up in hotels Probably free of charge, using the Government's money to cart them around. WHich of course is funded by us, and they spend CRAZY amount of money.

WTF MATE. Pool that money together and that would equal a DAMN good start to jumping this economy :flipoff2:

While I do agree that the amount of money spent on campaigns is outrageous, I think you are missing a point.

I'm pretty sure that neither candidate elected to use public financing. All of the funds are from private fundraising.... A trend that I want to say was started with the Bush campaign of 2000.

Edit: Also if you combine funds from both campaigns it would be about 300 million lets say after all is said and done. Which is peanuts compared to the financial crisis we are in right now. The first stimulous checks that went out to attempt to "jump start" the economy (with what most would call very limited success) costs this country ~150 BILLION dollars, or about 500 times the amount spent on both campaigns put together.

88Nightmare
10-24-2008, 12:57 AM
palin spent 150k on clothing, but how much has paris hilton spent on clothing? why worry about the politicians spending money, worry about why movie stars make 20mil a movie......

HY35F2T
10-24-2008, 01:49 AM
move out of the u.s then.:alcoholic

88Nightmare
10-24-2008, 02:08 AM
im not the one complaining.... but if everyone is so concerned about stimulating the economy, why not check out the celebrities with 20 homes.

HY35F2T
10-24-2008, 02:24 AM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

threads kind of emo

HY35F2T
10-24-2008, 02:25 AM
im not the one complaining.... but if everyone is so concerned about stimulating the economy, why not check out the celebrities with 20 homes.

im pretty sure your not the only one in this thread.

88Nightmare
10-24-2008, 02:29 AM
http://www.crashonmyhead.com/captain_obvious.jpg

/thread

Reverend Cooper
10-24-2008, 03:13 AM
this country is set on self destruct and its just a matter of time before the right dumbass hits the button that makes it all come down

SSDude
10-24-2008, 05:17 AM
While I do agree that the amount of money spent on campaigns is outrageous, I think you are missing a point.

I'm pretty sure that neither candidate elected to use public financing. All of the funds are from private fundraising.... A trend that I want to say was started with the Bush campaign of 2000.

Edit: Also if you combine funds from both campaigns it would be about 300 million lets say after all is said and done. Which is peanuts compared to the financial crisis we are in right now. The first stimulous checks that went out to attempt to "jump start" the economy (with what most would call very limited success) costs this country ~150 BILLION dollars, or about 500 times the amount spent on both campaigns put together.

Correction:
McCain being Mr. campaign "finance reform" chose to only accept public finance to run his campaign. Early on Obamasama said he would but "Change"ed his mind and went private. I'll give credit to McCain for keeping his word.
Consequently McCain has been outspent many times over.

Obama has raised over 600 million to date and recently was pimping his supporters for another $10 each. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/obama-money.html

T-Bag
10-24-2008, 05:21 AM
palin spent 150k on clothing, but how much has paris hilton spent on clothing? why worry about the politicians spending money, worry about why movie stars make 20mil a movie......

I wouldn't necessarily call Paris Hilton a "movie star"...more like Daddy's rich and I'm an untalented attention craving hoe bag.

edit: Also some of you are WAYYYY too concerned that our country is about to implode or collapse, you guys are feeding off the liberal media way too much. We will be fine, no matter which one of these morons is in office.

70 cutlass 442
10-24-2008, 05:45 AM

I suppose you didnt see how she will be auctioning off the cloths after the race and all proceeds will goto charity??

SSDude
10-24-2008, 05:50 AM
I suppose you didnt see how she will be auctioning off the cloths after the race and all proceeds will goto charity??

Details details (something a lot of people tend to ignore)

SSDude
10-24-2008, 05:56 AM
edit: Also some of you are WAYYYY too concerned that our country is about to implode or collapse, you guys are feeding off the liberal media way too much. We will be fine, no matter which one of these morons is in office.

You Sir haven't been paying attention to the dangers liberalism presents to you liberties and freedoms.
Government run heath care takes away your freedom to choose.
Gun banning SOB's take your freedom to protect yourself and family.
smoking bans etc. etc.
I could keep going but i hope you get the point.:thumbsup

HY35F2T
10-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Details details (something a lot of people tend to ignore)

tell me about it but its easier just to bitch n wine why certain ppl make this much amount of money.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-24-2008, 07:48 AM
what about how much money the oil companies are making? does anyone else think that they make too much money?

07roushgt: grabs :popcorn and a :coffee

Exitspeed
10-24-2008, 08:41 AM
While the amounts of money are retarded, that money is going back into the economy helping those services and companies continue to keep their lights on.

I'm not defending their wasteful spending by any means, but at least it's helping out someone.

DurtyKurty
10-24-2008, 09:38 AM
WTF MATE.

When did you start calling people Mate?

T-Bag
10-24-2008, 10:04 AM
You Sir haven't been paying attention to the dangers liberalism presents to you liberties and freedoms.
Government run heath care takes away your freedom to choose.
Gun banning SOB's take your freedom to protect yourself and family.
smoking bans etc. etc.
I could keep going but i hope you get the point.:thumbsup

I was talking about the economy being fine....it will stabilize no matter who makes it in. None of the assheads on the ballot will get my vote, especially mccain and obama.

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-24-2008, 10:09 AM
Yes to wealth redistribution, America needs to spread the wealth around. :thumbsup

CobraSnake
10-24-2008, 10:43 AM

how about obama spending 400k on food?

-stew-
10-24-2008, 11:16 AM

I fail to see the point of your complaint. You are angry because Barry Hussein Obama and John Sidney McCain are spending a lot of loot trying to get elected, and that money could be better spent stimulating the economy? B.O. is using private funds (I won't go into the shady donors; ie: fraudulent donors, foreign governments.) McCain is using funds allocated by the federal government for campaigning.

How is this even relevant? Are Obama and Biden buying their suits at Kohls? No. If I had to guess, I would say the suits McCain/Obama/Biden wear are $3,500-$5,000 a piece. Political figure heads need to look their best. Faulting them for spending large amounts to do so is petty, irrelevant and a diversion from what really matters; creating jobs, safeguarding our country and our foreign interests, and so on.

who even needs that much clothing.. wtf

Puffy would feel like a bum if he had on only $150,000 on his wrist. Jackie O., considered a fashion icon by some, was a greatly dressed woman who's wardrobe was quite costly I'm sure.

I wouldn't necessarily call Paris Hilton a "movie star"...more like Daddy's rich and I'm an untalented attention craving hoe bag.

Truth.

what about how much money the oil companies are making? does anyone else think that they make too much money?

07roushgt: grabs :popcorn and a :coffee

They make an 8% profit. If you had a business making 8% profits you would be in the poor house. The oil companies have their hands tied by not being able to drill and build refineries. The (liberal) media shouts to high heaven that the "Big Oil" companies made a record $900 bajillion dollars, failing to note that overall they make meager profits.

Smokey1226
10-24-2008, 11:19 AM
When did you start calling people Mate?

when i met a girl from Australia and was fascinated by the way she talks!

Any other questions?

WhatsADSM
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Correction:
McCain being Mr. campaign "finance reform" chose to only accept public finance to run his campaign. Early on Obamasama said he would but "Change"ed his mind and went private. I'll give credit to McCain for keeping his word.
Consequently McCain has been outspent many times over.

Obama has raised over 600 million to date and recently was pimping his supporters for another $10 each. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/10/obama-money.html

My mistake you are correct McCain is using public financing.
In reality though both candidates usually just guess as to which will payout more. If you don't think you can privately raise more than public financing will give then you go with public and vise-versa.

Either way, all the campaign funds together are peanuts compared to the financial crisis.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
They make an 8% profit. If you had a business making 8% profits you would be in the poor house. The oil companies have their hands tied by not being able to drill and build refineries. The (liberal) media shouts to high heaven that the "Big Oil" companies made a record $900 bajillion dollars, failing to note that overall they make meager profits.

I know. sarcasm is very hard to get across on a computer screen :goof

DurtyKurty
10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
when i met a girl from Australia and was fascinated by the way she talks!

Any other questions?

Was she hot?

Smokey1226
10-24-2008, 01:38 PM
Was she hot?

7.5 outta 10. However being that she is from Australia i bumped her to 8 outta 10. Unfortunately i didnt get any :(

Silver86
10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
it bothers me... yes... but i try very hard to try and keep as far away from politics as i can...

DurtyKurty
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I heard Australia women like American men.

Silver86
10-24-2008, 03:34 PM
I heard Australia women like American men.

its sounding better and better year by year... except for the giant spiders..

ND4SPD
10-24-2008, 04:18 PM
Nobody is telling you how to spend your money... (though I can think of a number of liberals who would like to) so why bother trying to tell someone else how they can spend theirs? Campaigns can spend (and waste) their money any way they choose... if people don't like the way they spend it, then they can choose not to donate.

lordairgtar
10-24-2008, 06:53 PM
So smokey, you'd say she was a right sheila, that one?

lordairgtar
10-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't think Obama uses a private lear jet, he charters a Midwest Express airplane. The change of logo was a bit much. As far as Palin's wardrobe goes, it's important for her to look good during campaign stops and debates. I don't think her baby needed a $90 romper, though.

mynameismike65
10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
150,000 on clothes!? All my shit combined is worth less then $500:rolf

That_Guy
10-24-2008, 09:05 PM

dont get me started nick how much do you think they spent on obama his wife and kids over the last few months.. i doubt that, those numbers will surface...

dam liberal media.. ive been talking about this shit for months.. they could contribute there money to finding the cure for aids, the common cold, cancer... ect... there are plenty of things both parties could do with that money that they wont. im pissed because the democrats had better canidates in stock. obama is a ******* joke and it was a sad sad sad ploy by the democrats to win the white house. he is not ready to lead this country and his ties are shady. joe biden is just a moron and picking him for his "age" offset is just stupid. the man is a bumbling fool who is prone to make an ass of himself. "stand up" to bad the guy is crippled.. unfortunatly there is going to be so much voter frawd this election its just sick to think of.
on to the republicans... the republican party of today is more like the democrat party of yesteryear mcaine is a sally, not a mavric ... " if i hear palin say mavric one more time im going to hang myself". once again we have a prime example of a party trying to win by putting somebody on the ticket who shouldnt be there. dont get me wrong we owe the guy the for the 5 years he spent as a pow but that doesnt mean he should be president. his campaign has been lack luster and a lame horse. "but thats what happens when the other canidate doesnt follow campaign finacing" palin .... im not even going to go there.. she is hot.. and ill just leave it at that... "im truely jealous that her daughter got to suck on those titties... "

whatever canidate wins will have a mess to clean up left over from the regan years and the clinton years. " the american dream is owning a home on a 100% lone thats is a.r.m" sounds great "not!" :mad:

"ron paul..... ":headbang