PDA

View Full Version : nissan maxima questions

Feature Pony
10-23-2008, 01:49 PM
So a person I know is selling a 96 maxima SE, 5 speed with 176k miles with with a black leather interior. no major mechanical problems, just a dent on the front fender, fog lite busted and there in a tear in the back seat about 5 inches long from a dog, nothing leaks, new exhaust. I can probably get the car for $1800-$2000. Is this a good deal for a maxima? I don't know jack about nissan so what problems do these cars have and what should I look for? I'm looking at it for a daily driver since my truck is killing me on gas, and the way I see it every summer gas will be $4+ a gallon. Thanks

sidewayzbimmer
10-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Seems ok not a steal i wouldnt think though. There are a few in that price range on craigslist.
get this one http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/872755514.html

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
10-23-2008, 01:59 PM
The Maxima with the v6 and 5-speed is an awesome combo. Decent gas milage and good pick up. 2k seems fair for one of those.

Exitspeed
10-23-2008, 02:04 PM
The Maxima with the v6 and 5-speed is an awesome combo. Decent gas milage and good pick up. 2k seems fair for one of those.

Indeed and rare. Great daily driver.

Price seems fair if it's in good shape. I'd buy one at that price.

Feature Pony
10-23-2008, 02:43 PM
is there any issues I should check out that these cars are prone to? like rust spots or mechanical problems that happens with these cars? I can tell you what problems happen with fords, gm, chrysler and some honda but nissan I'm in the dark. Thanks

DirtyMax
10-23-2008, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a good buy.

I just paid that same range for a 1994 Saturn Wagon for basically the same reason, only I think I got more problems than I found when I inspected it...