PDA

View Full Version : Which is better when it comes to snowmobiles?

Nix
10-20-2008, 09:28 PM
EFI or carb'ed?

I would imagine its just like when it comes to cars?

Any info?

Just curious, which would you reccomend>?

Any information would be great!

JC70SS
10-20-2008, 09:44 PM
EFI if you want a sled that is stock and get a slight bit better gas milage.
Carb if you are going to start putting pipes on or big bore kits.

IMO Nick I would get a nice EFI 600-700cc sled, stud it and ride it. Once the motor mods start you better be a hell of a 2 stroke tuner or else millenium technologies here I come.

lilws6
10-21-2008, 08:18 AM
all my sleds have been carbed i've never had to tune them tho. just buy my viper its ready to rock after i get the carbs cleaned

70challenger
10-21-2008, 08:21 AM
EFI if you want a sled that is stock and get a slight bit better gas milage.
Carb if you are going to start putting pipes on or big bore kits.

IMO Nick I would get a nice EFI 600-700cc sled, stud it and ride it. Once the motor mods start you better be a hell of a 2 stroke tuner or else millenium technologies here I come.

exactly what he said! i perfer carb sleds so i can tweak them for 15 bucks with jets instead of $600 for a boondokers efi contoller. but sleds from the factory are pretty tweaked nowadays to pass emissions, so theres not aton of power to be picked up unless you start adding pipes, big bores ect. and yes i did talk to millenium once a bout cylinders:chair:

i got a quote on my new sled yesterday which is carbed and ill probably ride carbed sleds until they dont make them anymore. iqr race chassis here i come:banana

Jsho13
10-21-2008, 09:53 AM
A lot of racing guys are still running carbs. I was talking to Jeff Simon over the summer (races turbo rx1s at the grove) and he said his best set up is still an early model rx-1 with carbs. I also believe he has the world record on asphalt, or did at least till this last summer.

Sprayaway Fox
10-21-2008, 10:06 AM
I think anything EFI nowadayz, reason is cause it comes with a better suspension. Trailing arm VS IFS big difference.

Nix
10-21-2008, 10:34 AM
all my sleds have been carbed i've never had to tune them tho. just buy my viper its ready to rock after i get the carbs cleaned

Too expensive, I'm in the market for $2,000 or less. :)

Thanks for the info guys! :headbang

JC70SS
10-21-2008, 10:48 AM
nick did you go to the snow show swap meet this past weekend? If not look for them. i think there is one coming up in Jefferson.

SmokinRAM114
10-21-2008, 11:19 AM
(directed at a 4stroke) efi ftw!! it maybe $600 for a wideband/commander but data logging/tuning with a laptop is BA. efi tuning is much broader and isnt as touchy as carb, jetting is a PAIN IN THE ASS!! i have raced motocross for 8 years. the bikes are carbed and if u have any sort of mod work it runs different every time u get on it. my bike runs screwed up down low if there is a +-10* temp or +-20% in humidity from the jetting setup. i can normally get it tuned in about 90% with the fuel screw but it lacks some power.

Smokey1226
10-21-2008, 11:29 AM
By brothers F7 was a bad biatch. Man was that thing fun to ride.

badass88gt
10-21-2008, 11:59 AM
Ive never owned an EFI sled, so my vote is carb.

Jsho13
10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
If we are talking strictly trail sled - you can't go wrong with EFI. As far as performance, its a horse a piece. All I know is when I go to the races 90% of the guys are still running carbed sleds.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
If we are talking strictly trail sled - you can't go wrong with EFI. As far as performance, its a horse a piece. All I know is when I go to the races 90% of the guys are still running carbed sleds.

what he said. the guys racing still run the carbs to give them that bit of tuneability. for a non racer, efi is the only way to go, sled runs good regardless of temp, elevation, fuel quality, and it starts on the second pull everytime. just buy a boondocker if you need to mess with it.

70 cutlass 442
10-21-2008, 03:00 PM
I think anything EFI nowadayz, reason is cause it comes with a better suspension. Trailing arm VS IFS big difference.

Not true at all, there are still many models with carbs. suspension is changed when you change trim and performance packages, but many machines will offer a carb or EFI version up until you get to some of the high dollar machines..

EFI is great, but the yamaha EFI 4 strokes are HEAVY, underpowered for what they are and are very high $$$ stick with a Polaris or Ski-doo. the delaer network is much better and parts are cheaper

Nix
10-21-2008, 03:01 PM
See, I would be using the sled for strictly putting around along with some trail riding here and there.

So I guess for someone like me it really dosen't matter much.

Another question,

How do you go about "summerizing" your sleds come spring?

07ROUSHSTG3
10-21-2008, 03:29 PM
See, I would be using the sled for strictly putting around along with some trail riding here and there.

So I guess for someone like me it really dosen't matter much.

Another question,

How do you go about "summerizing" your sleds come spring?

i suck all the gas out. throw a tad bit of stabil in the tank to get the little bit of gas that i can;t get, clean it real nice, grease it real good, and park it. when fall time comes, i fill with gas, grease, and GO :headbang some guys pull the belt but i never have. i have also never blown a belt?!?! some guys also loosen the track, i don't do that either?!?!

Josepy
10-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Not true at all, there are still many models with carbs. suspension is changed when you change trim and performance packages, but many machines will offer a carb or EFI version up until you get to some of the high dollar machines..

EFI is great, but the yamaha EFI 4 strokes are HEAVY, underpowered for what they are and are very high $$$ stick with a Polaris or Ski-doo. the delaer network is much better and parts are cheaper

Yeah the Yamaha sleds are heavy. I had an rx1 last year. It is the best sled I have ever owned. It had good power and handled well. Just kinda haeavy. Didnt matter to me though. It has reverse. Throttle response was fast. I did get it mine really cheap though $2,800 with 2,500 miles. LOL Sold it in spring for $4,200

Jsho13
10-21-2008, 04:05 PM
i suck all the gas out. throw a tad bit of stabil in the tank to get the little bit of gas that i can;t get, clean it real nice, grease it real good, and park it. when fall time comes, i fill with gas, grease, and GO :headbang some guys pull the belt but i never have. i have also never blown a belt?!?! some guys also loosen the track, i don't do that either?!?!

When we have done our own we run some stabil through the gas. Pull the plugs dump a little bit of oil down the cylinders - pull it over a few times and thats that. Never pulled the belt and never had one blow on me. We usually jack up the rear end to take some pressure off the rear skid and shocks.

GRNDNL
10-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Great thread...........:thumbsup

I've just started looking for couple cheaper sleds also, just for trail riding "if" we get snow. I'm not looking to spend more than $1500 ea. What sleds should I avoid?.....How many miles is to much?....How many miles are a motor and track good for?....

Jsho13
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM

I've just started looking for couple cheaper sleds also, just for trail riding "if" we get snow. I'm not looking to spend more than $1500 ea. What sleds should I avoid?.....How many miles is to much?....How many miles are a motor and track good for?....

It all depends on how the sled has been cared for. I have a 04 F6 with 5k miles, original track. The only problem I have had so far is rear bogies had chunks missing. We have had multiple sleds with 4k+ miles and were still strong runners. I would avoid the first year polaris fusions (I believe they were only available in 900? possibly a 600) The 900's were notorious for break downs. No major problems with the arctic cat firecats and zr models. They are all pretty decent sleds. Cant go wrong with any of the brands.

70challenger452
10-21-2008, 05:37 PM

I've seen sled motors still run great after 15,000 miles. Track life varys because of the many different varibles, such as, track with the studs on the outside will eventually rip out, cheap tracks stretch out quicker, softer track will come apart sooner. If your looking to get something dependable, go with a 500 or a 600, they're going to always be more reliable, easier on belts, better on gas, just don't have the power of the big mills.

Nix
10-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Well right now I have set up to go and look at a 2000 Polaris SS 550 with 961 miles on it.

I have seen plenty of pictures of it and it looks almost new under the hood. The owner said it has been babied and taken great care of. Now I just have to see it in person. He is pretty firm on the price he said, $1,900.

Seems to be a pretty decent deal...

ricksws7
10-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Take a good look at the track, skies ect. for wear. Spin the track all the way around and check for rips holes or tears,also listen for bearing noise from the track and drive system. Make sure all the suspension wheels turn. look for wear and tear. Rick

SmokinRAM114
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
Well right now I have set up to go and look at a 2000 Polaris SS 550 with 961 miles on it.

I have seen plenty of pictures of it and it looks almost new under the hood. The owner said it has been babied and taken great care of. Now I just have to see it in person. He is pretty firm on the price he said, $1,900.

Seems to be a pretty decent deal...

that is a decent sled, but is fan cooled i believe.. i have always been kinda wierd when it comes to fan cooled sleds. i duno y. i have ridden one of those (think it was white) and it rode nice, has nothing to brag in the power department but if ur only going to trail ride it, it would be fine.

Jsho13
10-21-2008, 11:07 PM
that is a decent sled, but is fan cooled i believe.. i have always been kinda wierd when it comes to fan cooled sleds. i duno y. i have ridden one of those (think it was white) and it rode nice, has nothing to brag in the power department but if ur only going to trail ride it, it would be fine.

Yeah it is fan cooled. I don't really like fan cooled sleds. They tend to run hotter during the end of the season when temps are mid thirt's and above. Really don't have a ton of power but will be good on gas mileage. Also make sure that that style of sled is right for you. I have rode almost every chassis since the early 90's and the edge (the chassis you are looking at) was my least favorite. But everyone has their own preferences.

70challenger
10-21-2008, 11:27 PM
actually a 200 is a gen II chassis. i had one that i rode since it was almost new and sold it two years ago with 12,000+ miles on the ticker without touching a single thing on the motor. the chassis is super dependable and the whole sled should be pretty bulletproof. my only gripe would be lack of power but i think you should be able to hit 80 on hardpack. it makes about as much power as smokinram's phazer stock:rolf

70 cutlass 442
10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
/\/\ Geeze, chris cant get a break lol.... and yes its a Gen II, the 550 is a FUJI motor and is a BULLET PROOF motor $1900 seems a Tad steep, id say its probably worth no more then $1500 Tops, Last year i bought my 99 XC 700 for $1800 which the same chassis, and mine was sitting in a heated garage since 01'. if hes firm on the $1900 then hes a moron...

Sprayaway Fox
10-22-2008, 12:35 AM

What O7 Rousch said. Reliability of a 4 is better. A "new" sled with EFI is like 600 bucks more and you would have a easier time selling a EFI sled than a carb for a person who trades there stuff in. Carbs for racing "rite now" but the engines will be as comparably light as a 2 stroke mark my words. If limit is 2 bills buy a 600 XC, clutch it, and gear it, (It willl beat a stock F7) and call it a day. Ya dont need anymore unless your lake running. 99 and above "Liberty" Polaris engines run forever.

SmokinRAM114
10-22-2008, 06:45 AM
actually a 200 is a gen II chassis. i had one that i rode since it was almost new and sold it two years ago with 12,000+ miles on the ticker without touching a single thing on the motor. the chassis is super dependable and the whole sled should be pretty bulletproof. my only gripe would be lack of power but i think you should be able to hit 80 on hardpack. it makes about as much power as smokinram's phazer stock:rolf

nope, i eat those bitches

70 cutlass 442
10-22-2008, 06:51 AM
What O7 Rousch said. Reliability of a 4 is better. A "new" sled with EFI is like 600 bucks more and you would have a easier time selling a EFI sled than a carb for a person who trades there stuff in. Carbs for racing "rite now" but the engines will be as comparably light as a 2 stroke mark my words. If limit is 2 bills buy a 600 XC, clutch it, and gear it, (It willl beat a stock F7) and call it a day. Ya dont need anymore unless your lake running. 99 and above "Liberty" Polaris engines run forever.

it depends on the sled really, if you compare a 500SS to a 600SDI lets say, you are close to $1100 different.... but on the used sled market he should be able to find a XC 600/700 99-00 for under 2K the edge came out in 01' but if you find one for under 2K i would question the suspension and track and the millage.

SmokinRAM114
10-22-2008, 07:28 AM
it depends on the sled really, if you compare a 500SS to a 600SDI lets say, you are close to $1100 different.... but on the used sled market he should be able to find a XC 600/700 99-00 for under 2K the edge came out in 01' but if you find one for under 2K i would question the suspension and track and the millage.

damn, 7am for you?:confused

JC70SS
10-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Don't buy a fan cooled sled...just wait until it hits 35* out. Dog dog

** Nick you need to ask someone on here to borrow their trailer or help you pick a sled up that is a good sled and a good deal**

He doesn't have a trailer and is limiting his search to very local sleds only.

SmokinRAM114
10-22-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't buy a fan cooled sled...just wait until it hits 35* out. Dog dog

** Nick you need to ask someone on here to borrow their trailer or help you pick a sled up that is a good sled and a good deal**

He doesn't have a trailer and is limiting his search to very local sleds only.

i have a 2 place drive on drive off, id be willing to help

SmokinRAM114
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
look at these. the first two are a little over ur price range but being obo u cud probly get close. see what other guys say.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/883860325.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/879570737.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/866320282.html

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/rvs/860406089.html

70 cutlass 442
10-22-2008, 08:34 AM
damn, 7am for you?:confused

:rolf court

Nix
10-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Joe and everyone else, I really appreciate your knowledge.

I may actually have a truck and trailer lined up for picking up a sled but thats up in the air and I'll let you know Smokinram if I need your help.

I also may have a little more than I orignally thought seeing as I have a pending sale on my car, I'll know for sure this comming weekend.

I will for sure take your guys advice and stay away from the fan cooled sleds, I don't need any potential problems.

I'll keep you all informed and when I have more questions I will post up.

Thanks again everyone!! :headbang

Jsho13
10-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Good call. Didn't know they made those in the genII. I think the genII chassis went away way to soon.

modmachz
10-22-2008, 01:31 PM
A lot of racing guys are still running carbs. I was talking to Jeff Simon over the summer (races turbo rx1s at the grove) and he said his best set up is still an early model rx-1 with carbs. I also believe he has the world record on asphalt, or did at least till this last summer.

jfyi Simon Never set a world record!! He ran a 7.97 and never backed it up!

Still very fast.But we make all our own power with carbs and no power adders and still run Mid 8's

70 cutlass 442
10-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Good call. Didn't know they made those in the genII. I think the genII chassis went away way to soon.

The gen II was good except for the xtra 10/12, thats why im lloking to swap an edge chassis in, and the cool thing is many edge chassis parts are interchangeable with the gen II :headbang

Jsho13
10-22-2008, 10:24 PM
The gen II was good except for the xtra 10/12, thats why im lloking to swap an edge chassis in, and the cool thing is many edge chassis parts are interchangeable with the gen II :headbang

Didn't know that but good to know. We have gotten away from pretty much everything Polaris due to having a polaris waverunner being a lemon. They wouldn't do anything for us and ended up screwing the shop we took it to for service. Slowly switching to BMP products. After riding my old mans REV XP 600, it will my next sled of choice.

70challenger
10-23-2008, 12:32 AM
the rev xp's seem to be a hit or miss sled. ALOT of guys have had serios problems with driveshafts, bogie wheels, belts, chassis, ect. but some dont complain. i talked to one of smokinrams buddies who rides snocorss for ski doo and was complaining of the running boards bending completly down and chassis weakness' everywere. granted i dont race nor pound my sleds even close to what they do, but if they cant hold up to that, i dont trust they'll hold up to my fatass pounding them on the trails.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-23-2008, 07:10 AM
the rev xp's seem to be a hit or miss sled. ALOT of guys have had serios problems with driveshafts, bogie wheels, belts, chassis, ect. but some dont complain. i talked to one of smokinrams buddies who rides snocorss for ski doo and was complaining of the running boards bending completly down and chassis weakness' everywere. granted i dont race nor pound my sleds even close to what they do, but if they cant hold up to that, i dont trust they'll hold up to my fatass pounding them on the trails.

i will be driving one next year for sure. :thumbsup

JC70SS
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
My uncle has an 08 Xp800R-X

Best sled he has ever owned! Zero problems. Kills F7's with them no problem. I would buy one, but not for $9500

07ROUSHSTG3
10-23-2008, 08:24 AM

Best sled he has ever owned! Zero problems. Kills F7's with them no problem. I would buy one, but not for $9500

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jsho13
10-23-2008, 08:58 AM

After riding the 600, I think it would give a F7 a run for its money. Probably not beat it but hang with it. All I can say is I thought that my F6 was one of the fastest 600's built but after riding the xp - it's really no comparison.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-23-2008, 09:48 AM
After riding the 600, I think it would give a F7 a run for its money. Probably not beat it but hang with it. All I can say is I thought that my F6 was one of the fastest 600's built but after riding the xp - it's really no comparison.

i just find it hilarious that after 6 years the f7 is still the sled that everyone compares their **** size too. i love it. when a bigger, newer sled beats an old f7 it is such a big deal :rolf when an f7 beats a bigger, newer sled, everyone is quiet :confused

turbogarrett
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
'05 f6 here, lovin the efi. Finally going to put some studs on the track.

Jsho13
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
i just find it hilarious that after 6 years the f7 is still the sled that everyone compares their **** size too. i love it. when a bigger, newer sled beats an old f7 it is such a big deal :rolf when an f7 beats a bigger, newer sled, everyone is quiet :confused

It set the benchmark high.

ricksws7
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM
I have a yamaha apex gt and it is by far the best made sled. Not the fastest,but best made. I have been snowmobiling for 40 years and I have owned them all. The fastest sled was the 2 stroke thundercat,zrt. After that it was the 1000 Skidoo for about the last 10 years. But machine vrs machine the yamaha is made much better. Polaris is the botom if you want performance or reliability,Artic cat is making a comback,ski-doo is the lightest, questionable reliability, Yamaha the most expensive but best quality. I have always had the top perfomance sled through the years. Each has been on top of performance at one time or another. For around 2000 make sure you check it over well, anybrand sled. Rick

Jsho13
10-23-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a yamaha apex gt and it is by far the best made sled. Not the fastest,but best made. I have been snowmobiling for 40 years and I have owned them all. The fastest sled was the 2 stroke thundercat,zrt. After that it was the 1000 Skidoo for about the last 10 years. But machine vrs machine the yamaha is made much better. Polaris is the botom if you want performance or reliability,Artic cat is making a comback,ski-doo is the lightest, questionable reliability, Yamaha the most expensive but best quality. I have always had the top perfomance sled through the years. Each has been on top of performance at one time or another. For around 2000 make sure you check it over well, anybrand sled. Rick

The Ski-Doo 1000 has only been around since 05' I believe. Other than that their next biggest sled was an 800 for previous years I am pretty sure.

The Apex GT is a great sled though. My bro has an 06 and it is by far the best trail sled built. It handles great, has tons of power (that never seems to run out). However for off trail riding it is a brick. I got that thing stuck in a few feet of powder in the ditch and will never take it off trail again. But if someone was planning on only trail riding, I would recommend that sled hands down. I think the all around best sled is now in the XP chassis.

70challenger
10-23-2008, 06:55 PM
the apex is a pretty bad sled especially with a turbo! i rode a nytro last year at the snocross race and really liked it. seemed a little heavier and slower than my pro x, but i loved the riding position. my only gripe with them is trying to work on them. one of the guys that rides in our group bought a brand new apex and it wouldnt start last year in houghton. it was in there four times for some fuel pump relay that was recalled. then the dealer charged him 3 hours to change the plugs! sorry i like to be able to have a plug changed in under 2 min if your on the side of the trail.

Nix
10-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Joe, check your pm's...

SmokinRAM114
10-23-2008, 08:32 PM
the apex is a pretty bad sled especially with a turbo! i rode a nytro last year at the snocross race and really liked it. seemed a little heavier and slower than my pro x, but i loved the riding position. my only gripe with them is trying to work on them. one of the guys that rides in our group bought a brand new apex and it wouldnt start last year in houghton. it was in there four times for some fuel pump relay that was recalled. then the dealer charged him 3 hours to change the plugs! sorry i like to be able to have a plug changed in under 2 min if your on the side of the trail.

he got ripped, it isnt a 10min job, but it shouldnt take over an hour.

i want a nytro SE, look at the differnce between the two, its wayyy better then the nytro rtx.

JC70SS
10-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Except for the terrible hyfax wear and faulty handlebar warmers. The nytro is a POS.

70 cutlass 442
10-23-2008, 10:18 PM

they are still underpowered for a 800, they push way hard in corners if your riding it hard as well, even after the front of the skid is loosened up

The Ski-Doo 1000 has only been around since 05' I believe. Other than that their next biggest sled was an 800 for previous years I am pretty sure.

The Apex GT is a great sled though. My bro has an 06 and it is by far the best trail sled built. It handles great, has tons of power (that never seems to run out). However for off trail riding it is a brick. I got that thing stuck in a few feet of powder in the ditch and will never take it off trail again. But if someone was planning on only trail riding, I would recommend that sled hands down. I think the all around best sled is now in the XP chassis.

notice that ski doo hasnt made a 1000 for the past two years....

JC70SS
10-23-2008, 11:04 PM
they are still underpowered for a 800, they push way hard in corners if your riding it hard as well, even after the front of the skid is loosened up

You ride a Polaris, which I may add, is the most disappointing powerplant around. Let's talk about the Fusion 900 first. Then the Dragon 700. I promise that IQ/dragon 800 this year will be a total dog too. The REV xp 800 is the fastest STOCK sled being sold CURRENTLY.

Jsho13
10-24-2008, 01:45 AM

Yeah I know, I was just commenting on the fact that the one person stated that the ski doo 1000 has been dominant for the past ten years when it was only introduced three years ago.

70 cutlass 442
10-24-2008, 05:42 AM
You ride a Polaris, which I may add, is the most disappointing powerplant around. Let's talk about the Fusion 900 first. Then the Dragon 700. I promise that IQ/dragon 800 this year will be a total dog too. The REV xp 800 is the fastest STOCK sled being sold CURRENTLY.

come on they havent made the 900 in 3 years... what was wrong with the 700 dragon?? ski-doo had to contract Evinrude for their newest engines... I may ride Polairs, but i also sold both Ski-doo and Polaris for almost 2 years.... and theres a reason i am still on a polaris. You wanna see a dog.... lets just see how the 1200 4 stroke fairs up this winter, im sure that will be a huge hit from ski-doo :durr

70 cutlass 442
10-24-2008, 05:43 AM
Yeah I know, I was just commenting on the fact that the one person stated that the ski doo 1000 has been dominant for the past ten years when it was only introduced three years ago.

they were bad ass sleds, but had lots of issues.... they were the fusion 900 of ski doos. lots of electrical issues was a common problem on thooes.

JC70SS
10-24-2008, 08:26 AM
The 700 Dragon couldn't get out of its own way mostly the 07

Jsho13
10-24-2008, 11:19 AM
they were bad ass sleds, but had lots of issues.... they were the fusion 900 of ski doos. lots of electrical issues was a common problem on thooes.

Yeah the 900 fusions were a flop the first year. I'm still a fan of big tripples - you really can't beat the sound and most of them have loooooong legs. Not the best handling sled or have the best ride. I really liked the SRX 700's, ZRTs and T Cats, XCR 700 and 800. All those sleds were untouchable by a twin cylinder sled for the longest time.

ricksws7
10-24-2008, 06:19 PM
My statement on the 1000 skidoo was supposed to include the thundercats and zrt for the last 10 years. Not just the skidoo 1000 sorry for the confusion. For speed I will take a thundercat 1000. It still will kick any stock sled even now. Polaris has not had a performance sled that was competitive since the indy 650 of the early 90s. Sorry polaris guys. Rick

70 cutlass 442
10-24-2008, 10:24 PM
My statement on the 1000 skidoo was supposed to include the thundercats and zrt for the last 10 years. Not just the skidoo 1000 sorry for the confusion. For speed I will take a thundercat 1000. It still will kick any stock sled even now. Polaris has not had a performance sled that was competitive since the indy 650 of the early 90s. Sorry polaris guys. Rick

00' and 01' XCR 800 ring a bell???

modmachz
10-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I would love to line a t cat up to my mach z 1000..

Do you think the t cat would take me???
Im new to this stuff!!!!

ricksws7
10-25-2008, 10:09 PM
The polaris xcr 800 was suposed to be fast?? I never saw a fast one?? The 99 or 2000 thundercat would have no trouble with a polaris 800 I did alot of racing during that era and polaris was not in the ballgame. Rick

Trutildeathxxx
10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I would love to line a t cat up to my mach z 1000..

Do you think the t cat would take me???
Im new to this stuff!!!!

i dont know, do you think 1000cc is enough

ricksws7
10-26-2008, 10:52 AM
A t-cat and a 1000 skidoo is a even match stock for stock,same hp. If you modify either of them then it comes down to know how and how much you want to spend to go fast. Rick

Trutildeathxxx
10-26-2008, 11:17 AM
A t-cat and a 1000 skidoo is a even match stock for stock,same hp. If you modify either of them then it comes down to know how and how much you want to spend to go fast. Rick

except the t cat is becoming old technology and is a bit on the heavy side

modmachz
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
Well the gambling man that I am, I would like to race one stock maybe for like 500.00 or something and see what would happen..Im guessing I would Come home 500.00 ahead!!!