View Full Version : Idiot crashes car in drag race in greenfield

T-Bag
10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
www.todaystmj4.com

front page

HIYO

Drag racing around a curve = smrt

Discuss

edit: Supposively they were racing 3 wide in the root river parkway....WTF...that ain't drag racing that's come NASCAR sheeyat right der darma

pOrk
10-20-2008, 09:15 PM
So thats what all the choppers were hovering over the breezeway

OxmanWI
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM
Sad, they should have just gone to GLD.

rally_scort
10-20-2008, 09:23 PM
its sad his bro has to live with watching his older(role model) brother die.

T-Bag
10-20-2008, 09:30 PM

More like...should have done spectator races at slinger amirite? :goof

In all seriousness and putting the heartless bastardness aside, it's sad as shit, I feel for everyone involved (friends, family, etc.) and nobody deserves to die...especially at that age. Sometimes that's what stupidity gets you, and some people learn the hard way unfortunately

Nix
10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
I saw this on the news earlier.

It looked kinda like a 2nd gen camaro but at a closer look it wasn't.

Obviously they weren't going to show cloes ups of the car seeing as the kids brains were probably all over the winshield and dash.

Its sad that some people have to learn the hardway.

Also like stated above, why in the fuck would you run your cars in the Root River parkway?

This isn't Road America.

Hopefully his piers and many others will learn from his tragic mistake.

T-Bag
10-20-2008, 09:35 PM
It was a Pontiac somethingoranother if that helps at all. They said it in the video but I don't feel like going back and rewatching it

mynameismike65
10-20-2008, 09:37 PM
That is sad, but also hes lucky he didnt take any innocent motorists with him.......thats what really pisses me off.

Nix
10-20-2008, 09:39 PM
It was a Pontiac somethingoranother if that helps at all. They said it in the video but I don't feel like going back and rewatching it

It was old school, I couldn't really tell very much. I saw it was old and silver with ralley wheels, bubble heardlight I think?

HAMRHEAD
10-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Sad and stupid all at the same time! Keep it on the track!

Z28Envy
10-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Sad to hear. Wonder if the person he was racing will get anything out of it?

RanJer
10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
"Police said Meyer was killed after his 1971 Pontiac Ventura..."

Sad to hear, but good his brother made it out... 1 is bad enough, 2 is just ridiculous. Of course, COULD be worse... had his little brother died but the driver survived.. Live with that on your conscience...

Daytonapacecar959
10-20-2008, 09:45 PM

1971 Pontiac Ventura

240nspec
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Real smart is all I have to say.

scaleracer
10-20-2008, 10:10 PM
That's screwed up! And yeah it was on a curve! Too much Fast and Furious with that unrealistic drifting shit and go around corners.. Car looked like it was clean before it happened also..

GRAMPS SS
10-20-2008, 10:16 PM

what the hell is that to mean...you know how many people race on the street...you race..you take the chance...you can crash at the track as well...hmmm how many people have died at tracks with in the last 2 years shall we say.......they were jerking around on root river parkway...i feel for the families loss...

lordairgtar
10-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Stupid is as stupid does! I felt bad for the car, a somewhat rare piece, based on the Chevy Nova. Don't see many of those around. In fact I see more Buick Apollos than Venturas. You never see the Olds Omega. Seriously, I feel bad for the family too. Condolences.

awsomeears
10-20-2008, 11:17 PM
The way I look at it is that we all have done the same thing once or twice, were just typing today.

Lucky comes to mind !!!

If you really stop and think about all the Stupid shit you did in high school you feel lucky. I can name a shit load of things that could have gotten me killed.

For you guys to say something stupid is BS, then again I somewhat agree. Touchy subject that can be talked about until your blue in the face.

I just hope the family takes care !!!

LIZMO
10-20-2008, 11:23 PM
when i first heard about this i though to myself "dude couldn't afford 30 bucks to go to GLD and save his life.."
:(

Z28Envy
10-20-2008, 11:45 PM
It's also teen driving safety week! Not a good start to it that for sure!:stare

PB86MCSS
10-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Very sad indeed....

Hopefully this reminds some folks to keep it at the track, not on the street where you can kill yourself and other innocent folks.

Car looked clean too, don't see too many Omega/Ventura/Apollo's around.

Voodoo Chick
10-21-2008, 12:41 AM
In my opinion, kids that age, unless they have proved themselves to be VERY trustworthy, should NOT be allowed to drive ANY type of car that they are going to feel compelled to race. That poor car. Stupid kid.

lilws6
10-21-2008, 01:10 AM
some seniors back wen i was in high school were messing around in a T-top T/A an jumped a hill lost control and tips the car sideways on a rock slaming the top of the car against a tree. It is stupd to do such things but i'll admit i've done some dumb things as well. It is sad :(

jbiscuit
10-21-2008, 07:41 AM
amazing that this happened. I have met this kid before and he didn't seem like the type that would fall victim to high school jaggery especially with his classic car. The Ventura WAS a really nice, clean car. Straight 6 if I remember right, though one of his friends said on the 10 o'clock that he had just gotten done putting $10K into the car....motor perhaps? Hot-dogging around perhaps? Said loss for the family for sure but I agree, drag racing 3-wide through the parkway? Seriously? I feel bad for that car too. Total loss

srt4eh
10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
Darwin strikes again....My prayers go out to the family...I'm glad no one else was taken in this crash.

animal
10-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Strange, that's like right behind my apartment and I had no idea anything happened til now.

you can crash at the track as well...hmmm how many people have died at tracks with in the last 2 years shall we say

Are you saying that a parkway is no different than a dragstrip? Last I checked, the drag strip doesn't have uneven pavement, curves, or random trees to slide sideways into like that particular parkway does :rolleyes

juicedimpss
10-21-2008, 08:45 AM
i feel bad for the family,they have to suffer the real loss.

on the flip side,what an idiot.

DR.FORD
10-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Some of us have done "acceleration contests" in the past, definitely including me. I am fed up with everytime there is a high speed crash without police involved it is called a "Drag Race"! Maybe it started out as that, on straight road, but he stayed in it as the others got out as the road curved. I call that "A Reckless Driving Crash". I feel terrible for people involved, don't get me wrong. The media sucks! A drag race is a straight line, so it could also be considered a "Road Race Crash". Leave the sport I love out of this.

PonyKiller87
10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't think it helps much to say they should have taken it to the track. I don't know about you guys but when I was that age if I told my dad I was taking my car to the track to race someone from school he would have laughed and taken my keys.

CobraSnake
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
wow that sucks. I heard about this last night. But seriously who the hell races around curves?? I've done some stupid shit in my teen years but I've never raced road race style on the street. I've gone 100+ on the freeway and raced on hwy but once again thats all straight line. What the hell were these kids thinking?

Mark

juicedimpss
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't think it helps much to say they should have taken it to the track. I don't know about you guys but when I was that age if I told my dad I was taking my car to the track to race someone from school he would have laughed and taken my keys.

seriously?
why would a father NOT want their child to do this in a controlled environment?

pOrk
10-21-2008, 09:37 AM
^ Exactly what I was thinking.

My dad would have laughed at me though for sure, since I drove a 4 banger s10 most of my highschool career :)

Heat Seeker WS6
10-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Sad to see stuff like this happen, but it'll never stop happening.

Mr. Brett
10-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Charles Darwin sends his regards.

DR.FORD
10-21-2008, 10:07 AM

Man, I feel bad for ya. My Dad would put the timing in the car, paid for good gas and covered entry. I had a Blessed childhood!:)

Exitspeed
10-21-2008, 10:34 AM
Kids make mistakes. It's a sad reality.

Telling people to keep it on the track is the only thing you can do.

WhatsADSM
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Very tragic. Definately feel bad for the family and very bad for the kids brother.

It sounds like in this case the dad probably would have been open to him taking it to the track since there was mention of the father and son working on the car together.

With that said, I am like PonyKiller as well, my dad never understood my interest in cars.... And honestly he threatened to take the car away when he heard me mention anything about GLD. So in the end I had to sneak around him or worse just race on HWY100. We all make mistakes, hopefully we just learn from them.

Holeshot
10-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Was right down the street from me. The FD is 2 blocks from me and the accident was mile south. I was at work but the wife was home as she said it was nutty around the area for hours. That full framed Pontiac looked like a pretzel. If he slid 400 ft sideways he was haulin ass big time. Tragic and totally preventable...

Heat Seeker WS6
10-21-2008, 11:43 AM
The 'take it to the track' idea is great but in reality it only works to a certain extent.
Cost, convience & oppertunity in my opinion are the biggest reasons why this stuff happens on the street and will continue to do so... straight line or turning.

Not sure about the costs all involved for GLD & etc for straightline, but as far as turning goes....

Even the 'cheapest' events at Road America are still gonna set you back at least $150 per day roughly and is still an hour north of here. Thats w/o gas, food & lodging.

A few races at Chicago Indoor Racing is also approaching $100, THEN you add in food & gas $ to and from.

Irish
10-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Some of us have done "acceleration contests" in the past, definitely including me. I am fed up with everytime there is a high speed crash without police involved it is called a "Drag Race"! Maybe it started out as that, on straight road, but he stayed in it as the others got out as the road curved. I call that "A Reckless Driving Crash". I feel terrible for people involved, don't get me wrong. The media sucks! A drag race is a straight line, so it could also be considered a "Road Race Crash". Leave the sport I love out of this.

Good ******* point!!!!

I feel bad for the family but consider this, at least fate didn't take the wrong person... ie his brother or some poor little kid playing outside.

How many times have you heard that a driver was reckless and they were the only ones to walk away from the accident with minor cuts and bruises... while everyone else died.

I don't feel bad for the kid that died really, he doesn't have any worries anymore... The people that loved and cared for him are the one's that I feel sympathy for... especially the Dad because he helped the boy build the car.

CobraSnake
10-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Good ******* point!!!!

I feel bad for the family but consider this, at least fate didn't take the wrong person... ie his brother or some poor little kid playing outside.

How many times have you heard that a driver was reckless and they were the only ones to walk away from the accident with minor cuts and bruises... while everyone else died.

I don't feel bad for the kid that died really, he doesn't have any worries anymore... The people that loved and cared for him are the one's that I feel sympathy for... especially the Dad because he helped the boy build the car.

Well the first one is mostly drunk driving accidents.

And the second one. My property manager at the apartment complex I work at kid knows the kid that died. I guess him and his dad just got done restoring the car 2 weeks ago.

Mark

wikked
10-21-2008, 12:25 PM
though one of his friends said on the 10 o'clock that he had just gotten done putting $10K into the car....motor perhaps? Hot-dogging around perhaps?

yea "friends said" he just put a new engine in there.

That_Guy
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/list/images/X_1971_Pontiac_Ventura_02162008012953_19296.jpg

to bad nice looking car..

not the exact car

jbiscuit
10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
yea "friends said" he just put a new engine in there.

there ya have it. 17 year old without respect for the car/motor etc = accident more times than not. I had a buddy in high school that had a big block 64 LeMans that his dad spent 2 years redoing...only took him 6 weeks to put that thing into a ditch one night :rolf

CarrotTop
10-21-2008, 01:02 PM
The car was nice. He/dad put a lot time into it from what he said about it when i was in school with him. (he went to same school as me he was Jr when i was SR) But own fault for racing. Its shame but own dam fault.

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm glad Darwin hasnt got me yet, I know I've given him plenty of chances and will give him many more.
Someday I can be a thread. :goof R.I.P.

scaleracer
10-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Good ******* point!!!!

I agree we talked about this in school today and someone said drag racing and I said that it wasn't really drag racing doesn't involve curves and if the kid woulkd at least know how to handle the power and circumstances it could've been prevented.. You should've saw some people look at me lol!

Anakonda69
10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
kids.....

Feature Pony
10-21-2008, 03:54 PM
I agree we talked about this in school today and someone said drag racing and I said that it wasn't really drag racing doesn't involve curves and if the kid woulkd at least know how to handle the power and circumstances it could've been prevented.. You should've saw some people look at me lol!

its not really the kid knowing how to drive that car, that car or pretty much any muscle car with stock suspension doesn't like turns. (yes he shouldn't of been doing this racing in the first place and maybe if he had a corner carver car or a set up suspension maybe he would of been going faster, who knows?) Muscle cars with stock suspension will go straight all day long but the minute you do a road course, it will turn ugly. Yeah this kid did something he shouldn't have done, but I can say most of us in our teens did something simular to this but might of wrecked and not saying anything about it or never wrecked. I remember racing a certain 66 chevelle SS 396 car in my HS with my 68 sport satellite vert 383 4bbl car at a night after school, I was 16 at the time with my license in hand for about 4 months (I got lucky and had no problems). Stuff happens he made a bad choice, you can't go back and change things just learn from the past. I feel bad for the family and friends. This kind of stuff has been happening since motor vehicles have been around a long time.

shoooo32
10-21-2008, 04:38 PM
MUSCLE CARS ARE DANGEROUS!!! no really, If he was in a camry he would have lived to get his ass kicked by his dad for racing around corners 3 wide.

GRAMPS SS
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
Strange, that's like right behind my apartment and I had no idea anything happened til now.

Are you saying that a parkway is no different than a dragstrip? Last I checked, the drag strip doesn't have uneven pavement, curves, or random trees to slide sideways into like that particular parkway does :rolleyes

no...not at all..what i'm saying is..what difference would it of made if he crashed at the track...or where he did..to say he should of went to the track, is wrong...what if while at the track...he blew out a tire and hit the wall and died...then what would he of said...that's all i ment...you can crash anywhere...hell i seen them crash at culvers f*cking around....

Waver
10-21-2008, 06:07 PM
You can pass blame on whom ever you want...fact of the matter is, he was young, had a fast car, and wanted to show it off...you how highschool is....who of us who had fast cars in highschool early late teens didnt show off for our friends.....Happens all the time....where they went wrong was their lack of judgement in where they did it....I would never race around in a park, however where I went to highschool, the freeway wasnt that far away.....

lordairgtar
10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Was right down the street from me. The FD is 2 blocks from me and the accident was mile south. I was at work but the wife was home as she said it was nutty around the area for hours. That full framed Pontiac looked like a pretzel. If he slid 400 ft sideways he was haulin ass big time. Tragic and totally preventable...
Those cars are similar underneath like a Camaro (which was based on the Nova). It's a sub framed car , not full framed.

Holeshot
10-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I forgot about that My Bad. Tragic non the less.

lordairgtar
10-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Yes it is :(

Holeshot
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
The pics were Nuts!! Looks like the sill plate was up against the Trans hump. The boy hit the tree really hard. Im guessing a basel Skull fracture was the cause of death.

Ummm Earnhardt,Irwin ,Roper, Petty

Mr. Brett
10-21-2008, 06:50 PM
He was a stupid kid. Stupid kids grow up to be stupid adults. I fail to see the loss here. I'm just glad his stupidity didn't kill any innocent people.

Holeshot
10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
While I agree to a point, Mistakes and poor judgment calls are made daily. As a parent my heart would be crushed if I lost one of my kids, weather it was their stupidity or not.

I really feel for his parents.

Mr. Brett
10-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for his family and friends. But the parents are at least partly to blame for his poor decision-making. If they had done their job, he wouldn't have been doing it in the first place. If my child ever made a decision like this and it killed her, I would never forgive myself.

STANMAN
10-21-2008, 07:03 PM
its not really the kid knowing how to drive that car, that car or pretty much any muscle car with stock suspension doesn't like turns. (yes he shouldn't of been doing this racing in the first place and maybe if he had a corner carver car or a set up suspension maybe he would of been going faster, who knows?) Muscle cars with stock suspension will go straight all day long but the minute you do a road course, it will turn ugly. Yeah this kid did something he shouldn't have done, but I can say most of us in our teens did something simular to this but might of wrecked and not saying anything about it or never wrecked. I remember racing a certain 66 chevelle SS 396 car in my HS with my 68 sport satellite vert 383 4bbl car at a night after school, I was 16 at the time with my license in hand for about 4 months (I got lucky and had no problems). Stuff happens he made a bad choice, you can't go back and change things just learn from the past. I feel bad for the family and friends. This kind of stuff has been happening since motor vehicles have been around a long time.

Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight, unless something was wrong with the SS this shouldn't have been a very close race. And this is coming from a Mopar fan:wooo

Holeshot
10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for his family and friends. But the parents are at least partly to blame for his poor decision-making. If they had done their job, he wouldn't have been doing it in the first place. If my child ever made a decision like this and it killed her, I would never forgive myself.

Yeah thats why there is no manual for parenting. I would feel the same as you. Guilt is the most powerful emotion in my book.

DR.FORD
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
while i agree to a point, mistakes and poor judgment calls are made daily. As a parent my heart would be crushed if i lost one of my kids, weather it was their stupidity or not.

I really feel for his parents.

x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000!

Feature Pony
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight, unless something was wrong with the SS this shouldn't have been a very close race. And this is coming from a Mopar fan:wooo

I beat him by a 1/2 a car length, he was first at school to tell everyone he beat me, good thing I had my buddy in my car that told everyone the true story. The funny thing is the guy with the chevelle owns 4 chargers now. LOL

STANMAN
10-21-2008, 09:00 PM
I beat him by a 1/2 a car length, he was first at school to tell everyone he beat me, good thing I had my buddy in my car that told everyone the true story. The funny thing is the guy with the chevelle owns 4 chargers now. LOL

Then there was either something wrong with the SS or the 383 wasn't near stock. Both of my 340 cars had no problem stomping a mudhole in 383 cars. The 383 was like the bastard big block, all the weight, none of the power.

Feature Pony
10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Then there was either something wrong with the SS or the 383 wasn't near stock. Both of my 340 cars had no problem stomping a mudhole in 383 cars. The 383 was like the bastard big block, all the weight, none of the power.

He didn't know how to drive, the 383 had a purple cam, intake and a 750 cfm carb, stock exhaust manifolds, my dad worked the timing, we also put in some 4:30 gears the car hauled. Now my dad owns its it but it has a built 496 motor in it by muscle motors (would probably lay the smack down on the hemi). The other funny thing is my buddy that owned the chevelle his mom owns it now. The nice thing is this wasn't my first mopar when I was a kid had a 71 cuda before this but never got to drive it sold it as a roller, but my dad taught me how to wrench and do things the right way. I knew by working and growing up with muscle cars is they don't like turns but they like to go straight. I know if I was ever to f*** that car up I would be better off dead cause I know my dad would kill me, so maybe that fear kept me out of doing other stupid stuff, I just hope when my son gets older I can hide the keys to all the toys.

STANMAN
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
He didn't know how to drive, the 383 had a purple cam, intake and a 750 cfm carb, stock exhaust manifolds, my dad worked the timing, we also put in some 4:30 gears the car hauled. Now my dad owns its it but it has a built 496 motor in it by muscle motors (would probably lay the smack down on the hemi). The other funny thing is my buddy that owned the chevelle his mom owns it now. The nice thing is this wasn't my first mopar when I was a kid had a 71 cuda before this but never got to drive it sold it as a roller, but my dad taught me how to wrench and do things the right way. I knew by working and growing up with muscle cars is they don't like turns but they like to go straight. I know if I was ever to f*** that car up I would be better off dead cause I know my dad would kill me, so maybe that fear kept me out of doing other stupid stuff, I just hope when my son gets older I can hide the keys to all the toys.

Hmmmm, E body goodness. My 340 cars were a 71 Challenger and a 73 Duster. The Duster I don't miss much (it was pretty light though, made it quicker than the Challenger), but man there isn't a month that goes by that I don't think of that Challenger. I bet you miss your Cuda!!

OxmanWI
10-21-2008, 10:11 PM
what the hell is that to mean...you know how many people race on the street...you race..you take the chance...you can crash at the track as well...hmmm how many people have died at tracks with in the last 2 years shall we say.......they were jerking around on root river parkway...i feel for the families loss...

It's exactly what I mean, GLD doesn't have corners or trees on the side of the track. If you really want to race someone you do it on a safe more controlled environment where it's safer then a country road. How many kids die a year from racing on the street compared to the track? Don't get me wrong I feel for the family too, that's why I said "Sad". Give me a break Gramps.:rolleyes:

Feature Pony
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Hmmmm, E body goodness. My 340 cars were a 71 Challenger and a 73 Duster. The Duster I don't miss much (it was pretty light though, made it quicker than the Challenger), but man there isn't a month that goes by that I don't think of that Challenger. I bet you miss your Cuda!!

I miss that plus my 70 challenger t/a, another 71 cuda 340 shaker car, 71 cuda 440+6 pack car that I sold to my dads buddy as a roller to that he will never sell back. My first 71 cuda was a 440 4bbl car.

PB86MCSS
10-22-2008, 09:11 AM
no...not at all..what i'm saying is..what difference would it of made if he crashed at the track...or where he did..to say he should of went to the track, is wrong...what if while at the track...he blew out a tire and hit the wall and died...then what would he of said...that's all i ment...you can crash anywhere...hell i seen them crash at culvers f*cking around....

At a track you don't really risk killing or hurting innocent people as you do on public roads. Thats the whole point, to me. If you want to risk your own life, thats your stupidity/risk. But don't put others lifes in danger.

Greg@GLD
10-23-2008, 06:14 AM
If I make any sort of comment whatsoever on Wayne's um... "thoughts" it will be twisted into some sort of personal attack on him, so I won't say anything.
Several of you have covered it already away, so...

Watch this please. (http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/32511494.html?video=YHI&t=a)

Feature Pony
10-23-2008, 09:07 AM
now what would happen if you were at GLD and lost control and hit the other car killing or seriously hurting the driver. can you be charged with anything or since you and the other person signed the wavier nothing can be done about it? I know signing the wavier get gld off the hook for any damages or injury. Never thought about this before and that it might be a good question to ask and hopefully this never happens.

Greg@GLD
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
now what would happen if you were at GLD and lost control and hit the other car killing or seriously hurting the driver. can you be charged with anything or since you and the other person signed the wavier nothing can be done about it? I know signing the wavier get gld off the hook for any damages or injury. Never thought about this before and that it might be a good question to ask and hopefully this never happens.

Of course not. There's "implied mutual consent" here Rick; both drivers signed the waiver, you are on on private property and racing at GLD is a legal activity. You take a chance on getting hurt. But as has been pointed out already, there aren't any trees, curves, t-intersections, innocent people, homes, business and other things to crash into. You also have a sticky surface. Not to mention a safety crew and ambulance. It's somewhat silly (ok OUTRIGHT silly) to attempt to draw any sort of camparo between what happened to this kid and racing at the track. And for an adult to make an argument of "Oh, everybody does it" is somewhat troubling. That's what our kids say to us when we try to talk to them about drugs, drinking, racing on the street, etc. As a parent, what do you say to that? You sure don't say "Well, yea, everybody does it". You try to impart some wisdom and hope they listen. Key word being HOPE. ;)

Feature Pony
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Thats kind of what I thought as well but never heard (thank god) of anything like this happening before on a public level, I just saw some flash backs of the prostock race at indy or some NHRA race where the driver got loose turned side ways and the other car t-boned him leaving both drivers hurt (granted 6 and 7 second cars running). yeah street racing is bad let alone racing 3 wide in a neighborhood alot of things could of happened there. It sucks for the family but hopefully other kids can learn from this and correct their driving habits on the street.

Voodoo Chick
10-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I guess this is why I don't race my cars, at all. I did do something stupid years back with the Camaro, no one was hurt, but the car needed pretty much an entire new passenger side. Accidents can happen, anywhere. Granted, they can happen with normal driving, too, but it just seems that racing really ups the ante, and I don't want to risk my cars. I am one of those weirdos that develops an intense emotional attachment to my cars, I actually love them, and if I lost one, it would be like losing a family member.

Feature Pony
10-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I am one of those weirdos that develops an intense emotional attachment to my cars, I actually love them, and if I lost one, it would be like losing a family member.

x2 I have that same problem, its even hard to sell any of them, I just keep buying more.

STANMAN
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I treat my car like a member of the family to..........A red headed step child member:rolf

JK I don't beat on my car 1/2 as bad as some I have seen, but I built it for the intense purpose of going (semi) fast (semi) quickly, and it gets treated as such.

GRAMPS SS
10-23-2008, 11:02 PM
If I make any sort of comment whatsoever on Wayne's um... "thoughts" it will be twisted into some sort of personal attack on him, so I won't say anything.
Several of you have covered it already away, so...

Watch this please. (http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/32511494.html?video=YHI&t=a)

by all means greg...comment on my THOUGHTS..you already started by your above statement, so please finish...it won't get twisted.....you seem to know all, and am better then i...
tell me that your not taking a change at the track of getting hurt...as well as on the street........granted the track is ....more controlled....but you can still get hurt..that's all i said..but lets see what you have to bash on me about what i have said...please enlighten me where i have gone wrong...