PDA

View Full Version : RIP Hot Rod Magazine's Pump Gas Drags

DR.FORD
10-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Rob Kinnan, Editor of Hot Rod Magazine, announced that there will be no 2009 pump gas drags. Too bad for all the competitors and the fans who loved the event. I enjoyed the 93 octane game and learning how to work with the stuff to make power, but I see no need for this any further...
We have went 7.96 backed up with a 7.95 @182 on 93 octane, and with that necessitated a ***** tune-up. This is also the fastest time recorded in America on "pump gas".

The quest for 195+mph begins now:wooo
Out with the old-in with the new:headbang

"One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again".
Henry Ford

badass88gt
10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
They give a reason? It seems like the event was a big hit?

nismodave
10-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Thats a fvcking shame. my 12 second car has run noting but 93 oct, and whupped alot of ass.

Dr. Ford, you are the MAN, and your car is frickin AWESOME. The rest of these RETARDS cant figure out how to go fast on PUMP GAS.

7s on piss water??? Lets see someone else do it.

badass88gt
10-19-2008, 10:10 PM
I did it.......

in the 1/8 mile.:rolf

scottie K
10-19-2008, 10:12 PM
suks the big one!!! Butt hey yur the champ for ever and ever :headbang

o Dr Ford you went best of 7.95 right? I think you should be up on the totem pole big guy:D

DR.FORD
10-19-2008, 10:35 PM
suks the big one!!! Butt hey yur the champ for ever and ever :headbang

o Dr Ford you went best of 7.95 right? I think you should be up on the totem pole big guy:D

Naw, that list is'nt for pump gas powered cars anymore:durr
Besides, I could'nt be the one to dethrone you, you always flash me your boobies:rolf

DR.FORD
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
They give a reason? It seems like the event was a big hit?

He said it lost money every year, even though we agreed to pay 200 to 250 entry fee in February after being accepted, non-refundable if you don't show, be responsible to sell a given number of tickets, etc. The people from 2007 are STILL waiting for their jackets! Who knows when the 2008 competitors will see theirs??!!
But he did say drag week is still :headbangon

scottie K
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
Naw, that list is'nt for pump gas powered cars anymore:durr
Besides, I could'nt be the one to dethrone you, you always flash me your boobies:rolf

ah hell its for any member of bcm.... Your not dethroning me... Someone has already done that .......

keep my man boobs tight liped hahahaha

DR.FORD
10-19-2008, 10:53 PM
ah hell its for any member of bcm.... Your not dethroning me... Someone has already done that .......

keep my man boobs tight liped hahahaha

Someone (not me) put up my 8.31 right after PGD's, then it was removed. Did'nt ever really care.
Figure most people know what the 'Turd runs, that is why I end up only getting action from blown alcohol pro-mods:rolf
Or Pauly, but that shit scares me (8.40s on a true 9' tire-holy phuck!)
I'll get the pizza and beer money ready:banana1:

FourEyedFord
10-20-2008, 12:57 AM
The rest of these RETARDS cant figure out how to go fast on PUMP GAS.

:stare My car is slow, so I have to run race gas in order to make its little small block fast!

Good luck on future tune ups Jim! Git r' done! :thumbsup

DoubleAron
10-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Rob Kinnan, Editor of Hot Rod Magazine, announced that there will be no 2009 pump gas drags. Too bad for all the competitors and the fans who loved the event. I enjoyed the 93 octane game and learning how to work with the stuff to make power, but I see no need for this any further...
We have went 7.96 backed up with a 7.95 @182 on 93 octane, and with that necessitated a ***** tune-up. This is also the fastest time recorded in America on "pump gas".

The quest for 195+mph begins now:wooo
Out with the old-in with the new:headbang

"One who fears failure limits his activities. Failure is only the opportunity to more intelligently begin again".
Henry Ford

All I can say is be carfeful 35XX#s & 195+mph that is not a good combo if something goes wrong.

DR.FORD
10-20-2008, 08:42 AM
All I can say is be carfeful 35XX#s & 195+mph that is not a good combo if something goes wrong.

I'm talking with Metz today because I want to go faster as safe as possible. Don't want to put it on a diet, but that is mandatory for a 25.2.
Don't want to be dubbed a "racecar":goof

DR.FORD
10-20-2008, 08:49 AM
:stare My car is slow, so I have to run race gas in order to make its little small block fast!

Good luck on future tune ups Jim! Git r' done! :thumbsup

Yeah, your car is slow -and I am young:rolf

I hope to go racing with you guys next year. Lets go tear it up:banana1:

Crawlin
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Jim - I was told it was only taken down by the admins because they didn't know who you were and the low post count. We've had a god number of jokesters putting BS stuff up. You are more than welcome to put that up.

juicedimpss
10-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Thats a fvcking shame. my 12 second car has run noting but 93 oct, and whupped alot of ass.

Dr. Ford, you are the MAN, and your car is frickin AWESOME. The rest of these RETARDS cant figure out how to go fast on PUMP GAS.

it looks much easier than it really is

Smokey1226
10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
The rest of these RETARDS cant figure out how to go fast on PUMP GAS.

Those vipers can and have gone very very fast on pump gas. There was one just a week or two ago that went faster than a 7.90 on pump....

DoubleAron
10-20-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm talking with Metz today because I want to go faster as safe as possible. Don't want to put it on a diet, but that is mandatory for a 25.2.
Don't want to be dubbed a "racecar":goof

As long as it gets driven on the street it is a street car IMO.:thumbsup

Flicktitty
10-20-2008, 12:08 PM
that sucks, i always thought the event was a big thing for them.

DR.FORD
10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Those vipers can and have gone very very fast on pump gas. There was one just a week or two ago that went faster than a 7.90 on pump....

Chad, if you have a video of this please send it to me.
Thanks

Holeshot
10-20-2008, 01:02 PM
So Jim you wanna make my LSX a 9 second pumper? them we can spray ontop of that.

FourEyedFord
10-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Yeah, your car is slow -and I am young:rolf

I hope to go racing with you guys next year. Lets go tear it up:banana1:

:rolf
I can't wait for racing next year! I am going to have to weld that wastegate shut to keep up with the race gas tune on the T-bird though! :D

Smokey1226
10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Also good news, I was called by a few compaines and they are going to adjust costs over winter for spring time race gas prices!

Woot Bringing race gas back to high 4's low 5's would be nice!

DR.FORD
10-20-2008, 08:05 PM
So Jim you wanna make my LSX a 9 second pumper? them we can spray ontop of that.

Boy, a date with Robin and who knows what I'll do!!!!:drool:

nismodave
10-20-2008, 08:09 PM
it looks much easier than it really is

Yea, sorry about that....Drunk Post!!!:alcoholic:chair:

Smokey1226
10-20-2008, 08:33 PM
Chad, if you have a video of this please send it to me.
Thanks
Jim the car i was thinking about, was on race gas. They told me Pump gas, but 110 isnt what we consider pump gas.

However,
Sal's car is one that has went real close to that. And just went 7.5x's on DR's. And Lee S. went 7.99

But my point to Dave was, going fast on Pump gas is damn damn hard, and takes a ton of knowledge.

nismodave
10-20-2008, 08:56 PM
Jim the car i was thinking about, was on race gas. They told me Pump gas, but 110 isnt what we consider pump gas.

However,
Sal's car is one that has went real close to that. And just went 7.5x's on DR's. And Lee S. went 7.99

But my point to Dave was, going fast on Pump gas is damn damn hard, and takes a ton of knowledge.

I know that. Please see above post.:)