PDA

View Full Version : Favre guilty of insider trading?

Korndogg
10-19-2008, 05:54 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8694746/Sunday-Scoops:-Is-Favre-guilty-of-insider-trading#tb

No its not against the rules but if its true I still think its a little messed up.

CPonyGo
10-19-2008, 06:19 PM
There ya go nutswingers- what do you think of the hero now

Car Guy
10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
I would like to know when he did that.....

GRAMPS SS
10-19-2008, 09:05 PM
This week Jets quarterback Brett Favre caused a significant stir in The Big D when he curiously pushed Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo into playing this week, or at least giving it a shot with a broken pinkie. Favre reportedly talked Romo into sucking it up to play, and rather than missing Sunday's game, he was listed as the No. 2 behind Brad Johnson.

It turns out the Cowboys aren't the only team this year the New York Jets signal caller has spent time talking to.

Several sources have told FOX Sports that Favre earlier this year phoned the Detroit Lions prior to their battle versus Favre's old team, the Green Bay Packers, and gave them a rundown of the nuances of what Green Bay does on offense. According to the sources, Favre actually spent over an hour on the phone with Lions coaches, who were connected with Favre by then-team president Matt Millen.

While the Lions still lost and the Packers and Favre's replacement Aaron Rodgers played well, it's still baffling that the Packers legend would spend such a significant chunk of time giving tips to an opponent of his long-time franchise.

Other teams the Packers have played had also heard about the Favre coaching clinic with Detroit. In addition, there have been rumors that Favre has spoken to other teams giving them information, but most of those teams insist they have not heard from the famed gunslinger.

However, another team says it has had casual talks in the past with Favre and talked about some of what Green Bay does, but it was nowhere near the details he let loose to the Lions.

Still, Favre has the right to do whatever he pleases. If he wants to help other teams there is nothing in league rules that prevents him from doing so.

TheBleuDog
10/19/2008
6:22 PM (report inappropriate content)

do unto others baby....i'm gonna tell my mommy

katkiller35
10/19/2008
6:15 PM (report inappropriate content)

and btw elway if u ever call GB a s.hithole again about 8 million people will find u kill u tbag ur body and #### on u. now SHUT UP!!!

katkiller35
10/19/2008
6:11 PM (report inappropriate content)

hey elway do humanity and all true football fans a favor and shut up. the Packers played good football today and so did the Rams. however the Bronco's and the Steelers arent that good. and if there was ever a question about Favre's class in anyone's mind they should be ashamed. he is a good man and a good player. so he made some mistakes, some bigger then others. that doesnt condemn him to hell. i really dont believe he would give info to Detroit knowing they would lose anyway. but IMNSHO all u Packer haters should shut up. Now... good night and GO PACK!!!

stonewrkr
10/19/2008
6:09 PM (report inappropriate content)

I just love how people jump all over the Patriots, but Brett Favre is somehow above su####ion. If the allegations are true, than Brett is really a vindictive, childish brat. I don't see how this sort of deliberate sabotage of another team isn't an infraction. Brett is a Jet. He shouldn't be allowed this kind of unfettered communication with other teams. If his experience helps his current team, that's one thing, but seeking out other organizations to try and affect the outcome crosses a line. I don't see how his behaviour, if true, isn't as bad if not worse than the transgressions people want to crucify the Pats for.

mjs1902
10/19/2008
6:07 PM (report inappropriate content)

Glaser ... Where the hell do you get this bull. I think the media thinks it is respectable to report anything withot checking sources now days. Holy cow .... The sky is falling and Detriot is on it's way to the Super Bowl after purchasing and trading for payton Manning, Randy Moss, Peterson, and Dallas Clark. You are just unbelievable .....

Belcher
10/19/2008
6:03 PM (report inappropriate content)

I bet it is true that Brett did talk with Detroit. In his mind, the Packers traded me so I will hurt them on the field by giving away what Greenbay does on offense. What a little ####!! He should just shut the hell up and play in New York and not worry about the Packers anymore. Time for him to move on!

elway234
10/19/2008
5:58 PM (report inappropriate content)

tuna1114
10/19/2008
4:11 PM (report inappropriate content)

It isn't a matter of being a cry baby ancel. It's a matter of pride in your profession and yourself. Obvisously that's something you have don't have.
-------------- ALL YOU BANDWAGON PACKER FANS ARE FULL OF IT .A BUNCH OF LOW CLASS CLOWNS.HELL YOU WERNT FANS TO START WITH. b f WAS THE ONLY REASON ANYBODY WATCHED YOUR LOSER TEAM WAS BECAUSE OF HIM.NOW ALL YOU GOT LEFT IS A SMALL TOWN S-HITHOLE CALLED GREEN BAY.NOW YOU CAN CCOME BACK AT ME AND SAY YOU HAVE BEEN A FAN FOR 50 YRS. THATS PROB 35 YRS MORE THAN YOU ARE OLD .ALSO ONE OF YOU GP FANS BRAGGED ABOUT BEATING THE COLTS SO WHAT ( SO DID THE BEARS ) LOL

elway234
10/19/2008
5:46 PM (report inappropriate content)

Also i forgot .Didnt John G use RAIDER SECRETS TO BEAT THEM IN THE SUPER BOWL.

elway234
10/19/2008
5:44 PM (report inappropriate content)

this sounds like it comes from the packers themselves. Just like the so called Packer cell phone lie.WHY DONT THEY LEAVE BRETT ALONE.HES GOT HIS OWN GIG NOW .TED T SHOULD JUST GET OVER IT .

dado4
10/19/2008
5:42 PM (report inappropriate content)

good god cant glazer com eup with a better story.. fine glazer you have made your point over and over you dont like favre... at least he still putting up good numbers cant say the same about you putting out a good story... move on and be a real reporter has been

OUOME67
10/19/2008
5:27 PM (report inappropriate content)

Looks like the info has paid off for the Lions and Matt. Both should be enjoing the off season soon enough.

I'm the Scatman
10/19/2008
5:24 PM (report inappropriate content)

Ha, the Lions are the worst team in the league, and it's not even close.

DAD77
10/19/2008
5:24 PM (report inappropriate content)

OMG!! All the Packer fans who want Favre to stay loyal to them when they flushed him away. Seems like a dual reality for some.

pack12ready
10/19/2008
5:20 PM (report inappropriate content)

This guy Favre is a all about himself. It was never about the Green Bay Packers as far as he was concerned. I was glad to see him lose today against the worst team in the league. Maybe this will start to shut up all the Favre lovers. He is a interception machine it is that simple. I just hope Green Bay does not retire his number. My suggestion is put that number 4 on Brohm or Flynn right away. Good riddance #### Favre and I hope you keep throwing those picks to add to your all time NFL record you classless clown.

DAD77
10/19/2008
5:14 PM (report inappropriate content)

I seem to recall the Packer's organization traded Favre to the lousiest team as far away from Lambeau as the could. This is because Favre wanted to play football some more.

I watched Favre today, and he kept my heart pounding the entire afternoon. Was this unnamed source Ted Thompson or Mike McCarthy? Wouldn't surprise me at all!!

PackerFanNC
10/19/2008
5:02 PM (report inappropriate content)

Mikki.... this is coming from a HUGE Favre fan! I have number 4 stuff all over my rec room. But at this point it wouild not durpise me if he did this. He (IMHO) has become a different person. The fans of Green Bay TOTALLY supported he and his wife. Now it seems like, for whatever reason, wants to get back at the Packers.

This, I am retired, I am not retired #### was the big sign to me.

Now I have lost all respect for Favre. Really really sad!

tremperman
10/19/2008
4:56 PM (report inappropriate content)

Favre is one of the best of all time. However, he will never, never be respected by the majority of Packers fans because he simply has no class. Everything is all about him, and him alone-- ignoring the fact that, if it were not for the Packers, he would still be gathering splinters on the Atlanta bench. Actually, he would be out of football working in some car wash. "Legacy" is not a term that matters until you retire. Favre has lost what was his for the taking -- the love and respect of some of the best and most loyal fans in the world. Favre may be "great", but he's no Bart Starr or Reggie White. He's just a talented jerk-off once he takes off his uniform.

ShaggyLives
10/19/2008
4:35 PM (report inappropriate content)

Sharing info is not against the rules. That being said, the Packers winning or losing has no effect on the Jets. If Favre did it, it was for pure pettiness. When he retires for real, he will regret the bridges he has burned.

Car Guy
10-19-2008, 09:12 PM
but he's no Bart Starr or Reggie White

I only read the beginning of that massive post :wow but caught this at the end of it, and it made me laugh out loud. All I have to say to this statement is; HOW SOON PEOPLE FORGET...!!! :rolf :rolf :rolf

HAMRHEAD
10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Sources say the earths core is made of cheese. Dairy stock drops 1000pts. Blah blah blah. He probably called and talked to these guys and some fricking towel boys comes up with this stuff. Unless it came from another player it is speculation. But in the end who really cares?

Karps TA
10-20-2008, 08:26 AM
I highly doubt this. Had they said Minnesota then perhaps I'd give it some thoughts. But Detroit? What relationship does he have their? Doesn't make any sense, and it's just another reason for people to get all lathered up again.

Not too mention you could physically hand your playbook over to Detroit and they still couldn't beat anyone.

Korndogg
10-20-2008, 08:51 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2008/10/20/reporter-stands-by-favre-lions-story-quot-1-000-quot.aspx