PDA

View Full Version : Time to fire Brett!!

JC70SS
10-19-2008, 03:08 PM
The Badgers are having their worst season since 1995. Never liked Brett Bilema and I think this should be his last season. He has lost total control.

Karps TA
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
I just don't think he can recruit like Barry could.

flyin_blue_egg
10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
it's only his second season and he lost a lot last year

JC70SS
10-19-2008, 09:46 PM
thing is he never had any head coaching experience. That is why I was not happy when Barry left him in charge.

theavenger333
10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
big ten appears to be getting stronger again, after being a laughing stock the last 5-8 years. he did a very good job year before last, last year wasn't awful, but the talent is not what it was. our defense has been a joke

jbiscuit
10-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Poor Badgers :( Its actually sad to watch them now!

Karps TA
10-20-2008, 08:27 AM
big ten appears to be getting stronger again, after being a laughing stock the last 5-8 years. he did a very good job year before last, last year wasn't awful, but the talent is not what it was. our defense has been a joke

I'll wait till after the bowl games before agreeing with that. If the Big 10 is known for anything, it's for being overrated and not showing up when in the spotlight.

VroomPshhTsi
10-22-2008, 11:16 AM
Big Ten only loses the big games (thank you OSU) but if you look at their record vs. SEC and other top conferences, overall we hold our own against them. It's just that their top teams are better than our top teams.

Big game Saturday night will decide Big Ten Champ, PSU @ OSU

I don't think it's time for Brett to leave yet. Let him finish the season and if he ends below .500 then can him. If not, give him one more year to turn it around.

theavenger333
11-01-2008, 02:35 PM
wow. calls a timeout when the kicker is already having trouble, gives him time? yikes Brett, yikes

77thor
11-01-2008, 02:36 PM
wow. calls a timeout when the kicker is already having trouble, gives him time? yikes Brett, yikes

Yeah. He just GAVE that game away.

VroomPshhTsi
11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Not to mention the penalty on the coaching staff themselves (sideline)... you can't always blame the coaches for INTs/fumbles, but you CAN blame them for penalties...

With the Clemson coach done, Fullmer at Tennessee just said this is his last season as well as Ty Willingham, I think either Brett or Tuberville (Auburn) is next.

flyin_blue_egg
11-04-2008, 09:27 AM
everybody wants to get on brett...its not like he's got any superstars on his roaster like OSU or PSU do

theavenger333
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
because a team takes on the identity of it's coach. we have a team that commits countless penalties, stupid ones no less, we have zero toughness, and yes, we don't have the superstars, because he's not recruiting them.

VroomPshhTsi
11-04-2008, 01:59 PM
everybody wants to get on brett...its not like he's got any superstars on his roaster like OSU or PSU do

No but he has plenty of Seniors, the same Seniors that have had success in the past couple years. To go from that success to a 4-5 record isn't right. Last place in the Big Ten, LAST!!! We are always in the top half if not top third in conference. Last in the Big Ten (one of the weaker BCS conferences) is pretty disgraceful.

Karps TA
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Then isn't that a sign of poor recruiting? He's the one picking the players.

VroomPshhTsi
11-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Then isn't that a sign of poor recruiting? He's the one picking the players.

But these aren't "his" players yet... this is only his third year, years 5-8 will all be "his" players

Karps TA
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Bullshit. Other teams have freshman and sophmores that contribute and become big time players. And it's not like he took over a program that never won and had no talent. If anything you could say his first 2 years were all because he had Barry's players. They aren't now running a whole different offense and defense. I don't buy that for one second.

He can't recruit top level talent like Barry could.

theavenger333
11-04-2008, 11:44 PM
exactly, on the bullshit. the last few years he was riding on Barry Alvarez's players, which were top recruits. now his players are taking over, while the few seniors and juniors left from Alvarez's years just can't carry the team. i still think he can be good, but the recruiting has GOT to get better. wisconsin does 2 things, run the ball, and play good defense when they win. shouldn't be too hard to figure out what we need.

VroomPshhTsi
11-05-2008, 11:04 AM
That's exactly what I'm saying. His first two years WERE Barry's players. But we'll see 100% HIS players in the next couple years (when you recruit you get guys that are Juniors and Seniors, thus the past two years he's been convincing players to come to UW... that's only 2 years, half those players probably aren't even on campus yet and the other half are probably red shirted).

So if he doesn't get canned, we'll see him coach 100% his players. Because most our starters are Juniors and Seniors, they are still Barry's players (the ones who Barry talked to while they were still in HS). I agree Barry was awesome and is much better coach than Brett, but Brett is still using most of Barry's players. The next year or two will show what kind of players Brett recruits.

VroomPshhTsi
11-05-2008, 11:08 AM
I think we need to also look at Paul Chryst (Offensive Coordinator). Yes we are a run the ball team, but times change. Running the ball 80-90% of the time might have worked in the 90s (see Barry's success) but with the spread, you can light up teams. The few times we spread things out, we usually get success. Chryst is still very conservative which gets very very predictable for opposing defenses. Hmm let's see, start the game with run run short pass punt, run run run punt, etc. Most defenses now just put 8 in the box against us and don't worry about anything downfield. The only person that gets involved in oru passing game are our tight ends (2 of 3 out for year). We need to get our WRs more involved, SPREAD THE FIELD OUT! Let Clay get outside more. Our offensive numbers aren't great at all.