PDA

View Full Version : You guys have a hard time selling your cars?

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 09:17 AM
I just sold my 93 240 last night. I only had it for sale for a week or so and didn't expect it to sell so fast.

I get attached to cars. My first 240 wasn't as hard to get rid of for some reason even though I had it since 03.

You guys feel like that?

Waver
10-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Yeah, I had a tough time seeing my 93 mustang vert go, a lot of it was because I spent a year and a half working on the car prior to it being on the road

Mr Twigbert
10-17-2008, 09:21 AM
If I ever sell my car it will hurt.. But only untill I pick up a Z06 or something.. Then I'll be like, "Cobra what?"

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I had a tough time seeing my 93 mustang vert go, a lot of it was because I spent a year and a half working on the car prior to it being on the road

This was was tough because when I crashed my hatch, I took out the MINT interior before junking it. Then over winter I took my time and replaced my coupe interior with my mint hatch interior. I'll probably never find a 240 with an interior like that ever again.

LIZMO
10-17-2008, 09:23 AM
i just sold my jetta like a month ago and i was sad :(
it took about a month to sell too, and for like a grand less than i was asking..
my interior on my coupe is lookin pretty nice, all i really need is new carpet :)

Karps TA
10-17-2008, 09:23 AM
Pretty much with most of my cars. Heck I've been wanting/talking about selling my TA for the last 5 years and can't pull the trigger.

Even cars that were POS at the end. I has a 93 Grand Prix that was falling apart, and I felt really sad about getting rid of it. That car had got me home safely thru basically my heaviest partying years.

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 09:31 AM
i just sold my jetta like a month ago and i was sad :(
it took about a month to sell too, and for like a grand less than i was asking..
my interior on my coupe is lookin pretty nice, all i really need is new carpet :)

*sniffle*
Have you ever seen such a clean interior in a 240? NO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/IMG_4566.jpg

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 09:31 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/exitspeed/IMG_4567.jpg

Flicktitty
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
yeah that was pretty clean but i think Broadfeild has ya beat lol.

Was it a local buyer? i know i saw it on CL and Clubfr and Zilvia.

Waver
10-17-2008, 09:42 AM
This was was tough because when I crashed my hatch, I took out the MINT interior before junking it. Then over winter I took my time and replaced my coupe interior with my mint hatch interior. I'll probably never find a 240 with an interior like that ever again.

yeah, mine got damaged too, guy came from michigan and gave me less that what he origionaly agreed to, but I had to get it gone. Myles was being cool about it being at his place in the mean time. The plus side, the insurance money came through with what the car was worth, plus I sold the temporary car at a profit as well....I think I made like 5k on it, and the bought the 88 stang that is in my sig.....

That was sad to see it go to, especially with how far I came on it...I took a 15 sec car threw parts on it that no one wanted (75% used parts) and went 13.5 in just one season.....It really hit me when I was behind it seeing it leave and really heard the exhaust note of it for the first (and last) time from behind the car as it accellerated away......

That_Guy
10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
when my dad sold his 94 5.0l mustang my stepmom cried ... like balled lol... it was the first car they had bought together and it was kinda a sign that they where both making more money and living a better life.. idk thats the way she explained it... she wanted me to get the car but my dad said it was to fast.. "lame"

my girlfriends mom sold her iroc and when the guy came to pick it up she wouldnt come out of the bathroom because she loved the car so much and it was a gift from my girlfriends dad.

Waver
10-17-2008, 09:48 AM
and instead you got a friggin cobalt....I am sorry man....I really am

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
yeah that was pretty clean but i think Broadfeild has ya beat lol.

Was it a local buyer? i know i saw it on CL and Clubfr and Zilvia.

His interior was modified and all crazy, but still clean. And his was an S14 I believe.

Yea, it was a guy in Janesville. I wanted it to go to a local guy because we have too few clean rust free chassis up here.

The dude is a Honda guy and I told him if I find out he puts some FWD BS 17x7 +45 wheels and just weak ass lowering springs on it, I'm going to hunt him down and murder him to death.

That_Guy
10-17-2008, 10:04 AM
and instead you got a friggin cobalt....I am sorry man....I really am

YOUR TELLIN ME!:rolf

dont get me wrong.. the cobalt is a great car... im really happy i bought it... with the gas prices and what not.. and its a fun little car to drive but it is by no means as fun as the mustang was. infact i had the money at the time to buy my dads stang but he refused to sell it to me.. :crying i didnt talk to him for a month after he sold it... i was so pissed.. like i literally had cash in hand to buy it..

Flicktitty
10-17-2008, 10:06 AM
His interior was modified and all crazy, but still clean. And his was an S14 I believe.

Yea, it was a guy in Janesville. I wanted it to go to a local guy because we have too few clean rust free chassis up here.

The dude is a Honda guy and I told him if I find out he puts some FWD BS 17x7 +45 wheels and just weak ass lowering springs on it, I'm going to hunt him down and murder him to death.

Nah, he has a white coupe as well.

I really hope i don't see your coupe in one of the junkyards out here cause dude doesn't know how to drive it.

CobraSnake
10-17-2008, 10:08 AM
YOUR TELLIN ME!:rolf

dont get me wrong.. the cobalt is a great car... im really happy i bought it... with the gas prices and what not.. and its a fun little car to drive but it is by no means as fun as the mustang was. infact i had the money at the time to buy my dads stang but he refused to sell it to me.. :crying i didnt talk to him for a month after he sold it... i was so pissed.. like i literally had cash in hand to buy it..

should've taken your cash in hand and bought a different mustang. Just to piss your dad off because he said you couldn't have one because its to fast. Although if you had your own money I don't see where he really had any say in it, besides being your father. I think if you have your own money you not only should be able to get what you want but you would also appreciate it more as well.

Mark

PB86MCSS
10-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Probably why the only cars I've sold were beaters...the other cars I get attached too, my SS is my first car :stare , had it just over 10 years now...yikes.

The Buick I tell myself I will sell but its paid for, very reliable and comfortable...I'll probably feel bad when it goes.

Waver
10-17-2008, 10:11 AM
I think if you have your own money you not only should be able to get what you want but you would also appreciate it more as well.

Mark

well said, I agree 100%

That_Guy
10-17-2008, 10:13 AM
should've taken your cash in hand and bought a different mustang. Just to piss your dad off because he said you couldn't have one because its to fast. Although if you had your own money I don't see where he really had any say in it, besides being your father. I think if you have your own money you not only should be able to get what you want but you would also appreciate it more as well.

Mark

that was right about when gas prices started to rise like a mother trucker.. so i through some cash down for the cobalt banked some of it and used some to pay for college... looking back it was kinda a smart move... some day ill have my fast car for now.. ive got my cobalt.. im probably going to buy a fox body roller and build a nasty street car

also i really wanted his mustang because in 2006 it only had 10,000 original miles on it...

BAD LS1
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Its hard to sell anything that costs more than 5K now days... mainly because people cant finance a bag of potato chips, hell not even with 50% down on that bag of potato chips can they get a loan!

it used to be that anything 10K or less and was a decent ride, it was gone in days. Now your just fucked if its 6K more more.

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 10:23 AM

I really hope i don't see your coupe in one of the junkyards out here cause dude doesn't know how to drive it.

You and me both.

He sure doesn't know how to drive it. I almost wanted to kick him out of the car to show him how to drive when he was testing it out last night.

2 bad z's
10-17-2008, 10:33 AM
If I ever sell my car it will hurt.. But only untill I pick up a Z06 or something.. Then I'll be like, "Cobra what?"now thats a honest cobra owner:thumbsup

darink
10-17-2008, 10:34 AM
:devil
Its hard to sell anything that costs more than 5K now days... mainly because people cant finance a bag of potato chips, hell not even with 50% down on that bag of potato chips can they get a loan!

it used to be that anything 10K or less and was a decent ride, it was gone in days. Now your just fucked if its 6K more more.

That red comaro looks sweet! How many hp does it have?

Nix
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
I've had my TA for sale about a month now and I've had plenty of people bite but no one has commited yet.

Its been tough as shit to sell it. I don't think the price is unresonable either?
$9,000 obo, worst I can say is no I tell people if they throw an offer at me.

BAD LS1
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM

That red comaro looks sweet! How many hp does it have?

Well it has about as much as i put out for power while pushing it lol, there is no engine in it right now:goof

Its a built turbo LS1 that sits at about 12 PSI and 12 second 1/4 miles loolololololoool So you can do the math on rating of work.

darink
10-17-2008, 10:40 AM

I've got one of these :banana1: for you.

:thumbsup:)

BAD LS1
10-17-2008, 10:44 AM
I've had my TA for sale about a month now and I've had plenty of people bite but no one has commited yet.

Its been tough as shit to sell it. I don't think the price is unresonable either?
$9,000 obo, worst I can say is no I tell people if they throw an offer at me.

Everything shy of practically paying people (reducing the sale price) to move it, thats the only way ive come to realize which is gay! I went through te same thing with my truck, i thought for sure some punk 16 yr old kid would jump at a lowered clean S10... Nope not one, so ill just keep it.

9K for your car with mods is a smoking deal compared to what most T/A's go for! I know people that paid 20G's for bone stock low mile 02's already!

Sprayaway Fox
10-17-2008, 12:09 PM
When i sold my chevelle I started tearing up when I had to put it on the trailer for the guy. I told him to take care of it cause i spent A LOT of time on it. When I said that i had a big lump in my throat. Had car since high school went thru alot of drivetrain combos but at the end was runnin a 427 Th400 and a 9'' Everything was basically new and upgraded. I watched it drive off and my dad threw me a Coors and a lawn chair and we shot the sheet the rest of the night.

Exitspeed
10-17-2008, 12:13 PM
I watched it drive off and my dad threw me a Coors and a lawn chair and we shot the sheet the rest of the night.

I cracked open a beer too when I went back in the house after he pulled off.

STANMAN
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
I don't drink, so I just misted up when I sold my SRT, but luckily I knew that I was going to charge the stang, so it took away the sting a little bit.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0246.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0245.jpg

And here's what the guy who built my SRT thinks about Mustangs:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0244.jpg

Here's a pic with the other shop owner with the 3rd place finish trophy from the 06 SRT Nationals:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/STANMAN74/DSCN0242.jpg

The only thing I miss about that car is the 11.6's, lol. Other than that the Stang is nicer in every way!!!

nismodave
10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
*sniffle*
Have you ever seen such a clean interior in a 240? NO.

Umm, yes I have. Mine.:devil

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1010011.jpg

Nix
10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Everything shy of practically paying people (reducing the sale price) to move it, thats the only way ive come to realize which is gay! I went through te same thing with my truck, i thought for sure some punk 16 yr old kid would jump at a lowered clean S10... Nope not one, so ill just keep it.

9K for your car with mods is a smoking deal compared to what most T/A's go for! I know people that paid 20G's for bone stock low mile 02's already!

I appreciate the kind words Tom.

I agree and know exactly what you are saying.

Alas, I'm in no rush or financial distress to sell it. If it dosen't sell before winter then it will sit in the garage all winter long. I will however keep my ad running all winter, its on Cars. com I just hope no one wants to test drive it in the middle of January!! :durr

indyzmike
10-18-2008, 12:31 PM
I sold my 93 Indy Z28 two weeks ago. I had it for 10 years and want to finish my 80 Z28. Selling my 67 Camaro vert after 20 years was harder.

Crawlin
10-18-2008, 12:32 PM
I sold my 93 Indy Z28 two weeks ago. I had it for 10 years and want to finish my 80 Z28. Selling my 67 Camaro vert after 20 years was harder.

Mike, I think your car was the only one I've seen that's been worth it's asking price for a 4th gen!

-Chris

edit - and i'm talking about the upper end of the spectrum $-wise (not trying to dismiss your price Nix. I think a spring Jefferson would get what you are asking for sure if not more)

HRSEPLA
10-18-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't seem to be having a problem:thumbsup
I've moved more cars than Holz this month... lol

formul8
10-18-2008, 07:33 PM
I just sold my 93 240 last night. I only had it for sale for a week or so and didn't expect it to sell so fast.

I get attached to cars. My first 240 wasn't as hard to get rid of for some reason even though I had it since 03.

You guys feel like that?

That is an easy one to sell because there are more buyers than supply. Don't see too many nice ones anymore or they are RUBAReD (Riced Up Beyond All Recognition).

Car loans are hard to get right now unless you have 720 or higher credit. This means selling a car will be tough.

GHOSST
10-18-2008, 07:35 PM

Aint that the troof.. I been selling my 98' Z since June... I'm down to 7500 now.. and its still tough... ******* economy is killing me...:mad:

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm never selling my yellow Cobra.

GRAMPS SS
10-18-2008, 10:29 PM
of all my cars that i have had...my Camaro and Monte SS were the hardest to sell...only because of the length of time i had them and what i had accomplished with them,.....the Camaro is in Hartford..now red and turned into a 77 Z28 CLONE(it was a 76 TYPE LT)....and the Monte SS is now in Texas....the guy was redoing it....but haven't heard anything since the bad weather they had a while back..so maybe it got flooded....oh well time to move on and build on for Sean.....

Slow Joe
10-19-2008, 11:19 PM
This might sound weird since the Mach is such an upgrade, but I still miss my '01 6-Banger... I think it was just a sentimental attachment with that car. I really didn't want to get rid of it, but I had to move on to better things...

I know my dad still kicks himself for trading in his '97 Guards Red 993 C4S Widebody (Factory Aero Kit Car) when he had bought his '01 Artic Silver 996 Twin Turbo... It is a car that's impossible to find, compared to the turbos which are "dime a dozen" in the Porsche world...

Exitspeed
10-20-2008, 11:04 AM
This might sound weird since the Mach is such an upgrade, but I still miss my '01 6-Banger... I think it was just a sentimental attachment with that car. I really didn't want to get rid of it, but I had to move on to better things...

I know my dad still kicks himself for trading in his '97 Guards Red 993 C4S Widebody (Factory Aero Kit Car) when he had bought his '01 Artic Silver 996 Twin Turbo... It is a car that's impossible to find, compared to the turbos which are "dime a dozen" in the Porsche world...

Yea, that does sound weird. But I know what you are sayin.

Umm, yes I have. Mine.:devil

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/tn_P1010011.jpg

CHEATER! That's an S14. It is hella nice. Almost as nice as my friend Collin's 95 that has 30k on it. ;)

nismodave
10-20-2008, 04:17 PM
Ha! I dunno, mine is pretty much flawless.:shades

Exitspeed
10-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Ha! I dunno, mine is pretty much flawless.:shades

Yea it is pretty nice.

But his car has 30,000 miles on it. Probably one of the lowest mileage 240's in existence. Period. Inside and out, the car is in showroom condition.

WhatsADSM
10-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Yea, I just put my SRT-4 up for sale and had hardly any interest, even tho I got it for considerably less than the competition. IMO its got to be the economy.

I'm starting to think I'll just throw it up on ebay and get what I get (i.e. a touch over what CarMax will give me).