PDA

View Full Version : need help finding a tunnel ram

u_say_go
10-15-2008, 08:00 PM
long story short....the old man's chrome Weiand tunnel ram is junk and he needs a new one. The engine was on the dyno today and they noticed gaps where the intake meets the heads. they milled the intake but while doing it the chrome started chipping.
SO, I've been searching online for a polished Weiand tunnel ram for a 350 Chevy, but can't find one. Tried Summit, Jeg's, Speedway motors....nobody has them.
Help!

modmachz
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
long story short....the old man's chrome Weiand tunnel ram is junk and he needs a new one. The engine was on the dyno today and they noticed gaps where the intake meets the heads. they milled the intake but while doing it the chrome started chipping.
SO, I've been searching online for a polished Weiand tunnel ram for a 350 Chevy, but can't find one. Tried Summit, Jeg's, Speedway motors....nobody has them.
Help!

Call me I might be able to help you.

262-521-2250
Donny...

m-f 8-4

Prince Valiant
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
One tunnel ram, chrome, coming right up:

eddy dual quad tunnel ram, chrome (http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-71101&autoview=sku)

599 from summit. Others that you can get chromed as well...but I think the eddy is the "endura" stuff that'll look better for far longer.

u_say_go
10-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I saw that one, it's an Edelbrock...we're looking for a Weiand. He's calling the president of the company he got the chrome intake from, in Tennessee. He spent $800 on this tunnel ram and it doesnt even fit right, not even close.
I should have dyno numbers by the end of the week

Irish
10-15-2008, 10:24 PM
I know someone that has a six pack intake for a small block chevy, if you are interested in something different.

u_say_go
10-15-2008, 10:39 PM
nope, has to be a Weiand tunnel ram. thanks though Josh

GRAMPS SS
10-15-2008, 11:52 PM
can this one be milled to fit..don't worry about the chrome...then send it to tenn for rechromeing...can't remember the name of the chromer there...but i can get the name and number..they are one of the top chromers in the country...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...but worth every penny....call me..you should have my cell #