PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Door County Cruise

ohmysti
10-15-2008, 05:10 PM
I know there are a few Subarus here on these forums, I thought I would share the info of a cruise this weekend. We are doing the Door County thing.

Itinerary in text form...

1. I'll be leaving Oshkosh at about 7-7:10ish (709 W Linwood Ave.)

2. Appleton Subies meet at Sears lot at the Fox River Mall and we're leaving at 7:40 for Green Bay

3. Meet the Green Bay Subies at the East Town Mall (off I43 on Mason St. East side of the shopping center) and we'll leave at 8:30 for Sturgeon Bay.

4. Meet up with Andrew06WRX in Sturgeon Bay. I'm also going to stop at the BP coming into Sturgeon Bay to grab snacks and drinks. Then we'll follow the roads along the canal to the Coast Guard Station.

5. Coast Guard Station. Hang out and stretch our legs. Check out the lighthouses, breakwater (pretty cool structure!) and beach.

6. Follow Lake Forest Park Road along the lake to Glidden Rd/Cty T and follow that up to Whitefish Dunes/Cave Point (Cave Point is free).

7. Stop at Cave Point and hike/climb/hang out for a bit. Take pictures...etc...

8. After Cave Point head north back to Hwy 57 and make a beeline up to Northport and the fun curvy road. Then we head back south again...

9. If there's interest we can stop at Peninsula State Park. It's a pretty cool place with trails, a lighthouse and tower. It you don't have a park sticker have cash for the entrance fee.

10. PC Junction for food. Might be a late lunch or early dinner depending on how long we take at the other spots...

10. After that it's up in the air. We can stop in Egg Harbor for a little bit or we can head home?

CPonyGo
10-15-2008, 05:29 PM
That is a cool/fun route..been up that way w my late wife several times

CobraSnake
10-15-2008, 05:51 PM
So even though I have no interest in coming, I'm sure the ones that do would like to know the day this is all going down?

GRAMPS SS
10-15-2008, 06:31 PM
^^^^^^^^^^THEN WHY DID YOU POST....you post in every thread....going for post whore of 2008 :goof

CobraSnake
10-15-2008, 07:48 PM
^^^^^^^^^^THEN WHY DID YOU POST....you post in every thread....going for post whore of 2008 :goof

are you going???

ohmysti
10-15-2008, 07:54 PM
My bad... Oct 19th, 2008 - Sunday.

885.0stang
10-15-2008, 09:22 PM
that is going to be an awsome trip wish i could go. i havent been up there in like 8 yrs and i used to go there at least 3 times a year. im jealous