PDA

View Full Version : Snow?

Al
01-03-2004, 12:51 PM
Weather forcast says it will snow tomorrow. 4-6 inches possible. So I guess no more warm temps.

BTW- general warming trend... at the rate were going, as in warm decembers and januaries, by 2020 (my estimate) winter will not exist in Wisconsin anymore! Just imagine a trip to 100 or the grove on a 60* New years day... to bad that I am most likely wrong.

:banana :party:

CruxGNZ
01-03-2004, 01:05 PM
Yeah, what the heck is going on with this weather? I was listening to Paul Harvey earlier this week and he said that Hawaii and Las Vegas got snow:stare .

So, there I was December 31st debating if I should take out my Z with the decent weather. The salt had been washed off the streets, but I just didn't have time to take it out, partying took precedence:haveabeer . Can't drive it in January, stupid insurance and collector plates.

Now, last night it was 54 degrees and I had the windows in the truck down blasting some tunes. WTF is going on? I just checked the weather and we have a 80% chance for snow, calling for ~5" of the fun white stuff.

I just don't get it. Oh well, good for snowboarding:rockwoot:

!M!

Lash
01-03-2004, 02:08 PM
I hate snow.

Thats probably because I'm really not into outdoor activites in winter, though. I'm sure it would be a different story if I was.

Bring on summer!:banana

MoreTorque
01-04-2004, 01:48 AM
I can't wait for the snow!!!!!!!

This time around, my summer vehicle also works well in winter :) :) :)

Crawlin
01-04-2004, 12:19 PM
if you guys are hating winter, even though we haven't had any real snow accumulations, get yourself a winter outdoor activity. you'll never regret it. i used to get some serious cabin fever during these months with nothing to do. now i'm out snowboarding as much as possible and the time has FLOWN by. you are always looking forward to the next day/weekend so you can get out to a hill. i remember two months ago my friends and i couldn't wait to hit Vail for our trip. Now, it's only 4 days away!!! Plus, it's a workout so i's kinda like exercising, hahah.

Chris

ps- i'm with brandon, my daily driver is fun in the snow too :)

Prince Valiant
01-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I really need new tires for the jeep...I'm even starting to master the four wheel drifting on just wet pavement now :devil

MoreTorque
01-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Good tires and VERY low cost: http://www.high-tec-retreading.com/index.html

Al
01-04-2004, 06:14 PM
My favorite sport is skiing and I still don't like the winter. If I move to florida, I will go to vail once a year to go skiing and that is enough sub60* weather for me.

Cleveland Dave
01-05-2004, 01:56 AM
i had to drive in that crap tonight...from milwaukee back to madison...that blew!

02hawk796
01-05-2004, 08:16 AM
I enjoyed a nice drive from 11pm to 4am, up 43 and back. Lots of drunk drivers in the ditch.
Back in Milw, though, they had WB I-894 shut down from I-43 to Hwy 45/100. Semi jacknifed, trailer sideways in road, full anteater cab swirled, twirled, twisted, and folded under front of trailer. Couldn't tell if it had been on fire or not.
I'm hoping that driver survived, but it didn't look too promising. Never seen a jacknife that went that bad before. Wish I had my camera along.
Hope my truck starts tommorrow - so full of snow, it was reluctant to restart when I parked it.

Silver350
01-05-2004, 09:03 AM
Last night I had some fun in the snow. Tried doing some doughnuts with the truck but got spooked seeing some flashing lights so I left the lot and it was just a plow truck *mutters*. I also ended up going sleding witch was a blast.

jbiscuit
01-05-2004, 09:24 AM
sledding rocked last night Scott....I hit a parking lot on the way home in the wagon to get a few drifts in but a Sheriff passed by the lot when I was in it screwing around so I dropped the hammer and ripped out of there, bwaaa haaa haaa:rockwoot:

Silver350
01-05-2004, 12:10 PM
LOL Nice. Good thing you can tear that sh*t up with awd cop had no chance against you in that crap yesterday.