PDA

View Full Version : Week 7-NFL pick em!

Prince Valiant
10-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Last week had some bizarre and some exciting finishes...a couple plays either way and this weeks winners would be losers and the losers would be winners, lol.

Anyways, the results:

97z28-11
me-10
Boss-9
lit666-9
Holeshot-8
anakonda-8
Hamerhead-8
skeltor-7
Stanman-7
Brian-6
Dirty Max-6
Cruisin'-6

IN the interest of keeping things simple...I don't think I'll keep a running total...that was easily the hardest thing week in and week out to track. I just don't have the time to do it (hell, the wedding is THIS weekend!!!)...that, and I want people to feel welcome to just jump in any and every week that they like.

So, with that said...this weeks games (please use to copy and paste):

Sun, Oct 19
SD @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CHI
PIT @ CIN
TEN @ KC
BAL @ MIA
SF @ NYG
DAL @ STL
DET @ HOU
IND @ GB
NYJ @ OAK
CLE @ WAS
SEA @ TB
Mon, Oct 20
DEN @ NE

my picks:
Sun, Oct 19
SD @ BUF- tough pick here...do the bills continue their surprising start? Coming off a bye week and playing at home seems to give them an unsurmountable edge here...but they aren't as their record shows, and SD is beginning to get back into the swing of things. Tough game, but SD prevails.
NO @ CAR- After a couple good wins, NO falters on the road against a good CAR team.
MIN @ CHI- They follow up their poor home performance against the lions with a poorer road performance against a better team.
PIT @ CIN-tough rivals and an intense desire to get their first win nets the bengals a hard fought victory in this game. I called it first.
TEN @ KC- Yes, the titans (remember them?) are 5-0; and yes, the chiefs are 1-4...but a tough team at home and well prepared after the bye week.
BAL @ MIA- What used to be an easy win against the dolphins is getting to be a good bit harder. BAL needs this victory and win by 3.
SF @ NYG- After a week of soul searching, the giants aren't given to a let-down.
DAL @ STL- Buoyed by last weeks win, and helped by the loss of Jones and Romo, STL pulls off another improbable victory.
DET @ HOU- Lions not only get their first victory, but they do so on the road.
IND @ GB- Manning got his groove back...the colts are developing a little swagger. I'd love to pick my beloved packers, but sadly, I don't think they pull it off...prove me wrong Rodgers...prove...me...wrong.
NYJ @ OAK- OAK has nothing to offer. Given a good coach, they might be somewhat able to get an upset win at home...alas...
CLE @ WAS- WAS needs the home win.
SEA @ TB- SEA is spent from last week...and certainly don't have it against a strong TB team.
Mon, Oct 20
DEN @ NE- DEN struggles in the thick, sea level air at foxsboro. NE takes the time to play to their struggling back-up QB's strengths, and to hide his weaknesses. Close, but low scoring affair 13-10.

HAMRHEAD
10-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Sun, Oct 19
SD @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CHI
PIT @ CIN
TEN @ KC
BAL @ MIA
SF @ NYG
DAL @ STL
DET @ HOU
IND @ GB
NYJ @ OAK
CLE @ WAS
SEA @ TB
Mon, Oct 20
DEN @ NE

Holeshot
10-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Last week had some bizarre and some exciting finishes...a couple plays either way and this weeks winners would be losers and the losers would be winners, lol.

Anyways, the results:

97z28-11
me-10
Boss-9
lit666-9
anakonda-8
Hamerhead-8
skeltor-7
Stanman-7
Brian-6
Dirty Max-6
Cruisin'-6

What happen to me ?

Prince Valiant
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
What happen to me ?I D'Qd you for breaking some arbitrary and inane rule. You know which way the door is....kindly show yourself out.

Holeshot, you finnished with 8 last week. The original post is changed to reflect that outcome. My bad, lol...

Now get your picks in everyone!

Brian98GTP
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Good call on the running total thing, Chris...

It's also good to see I wasn't the only retard that only got 6 correct last week!! :shades

Sun, Oct 19
SD @ BUF
NO @ CAR
MIN @ CHI
PIT @ CIN
TEN @ KC
BAL @ MIA
SF @ NYG
DAL @ STL
DET @ HOU
IND @ GB
NYJ @ OAK