PDA

View Full Version : Ss/r

Silver350
01-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Today I went for a ride and drove through Holz. At Holz they had a new Chevy SS/R. I stopped in to chat with the guy that sold me my truck and he said that No sales man has access two the keys. They also said that they are not selling the truck to people from off the street. You have to have done buisness with them before and buy a certain amount of cars from them in order to get your hands on it. He said that it is crazy seeing the other day a lady walked in and offered to put 20k down on the vehicle in Cash and they wouldnt sell it to her seeing she was not a perfered customer.

A B4C Z
01-03-2004, 01:54 AM
There slow. But they sound good as hell. If you want to check one out Hiser has yellow on show room floor and we just got a red one in today its out back. Too much money if you ask me. Also they are trying to sell um anyone can buy um. No one wants them though.

Also just got 2 aveos in. HAHA those things are death traps. Its like a 2004 chevette.

Kyle

BAD LS1
01-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah i love that new Chevy commercial with all the new models trying to catch up to a speeding car carrier, the new C6 sounds pretty awesome in the commercial as they broad slide it a bit around a corner. Personally dialing the focker out on dry pavemnet would have been cooler but.... what are you gonna do?The part that gets me at the end how they incorporate airplane roaring noises as the SSR as it is closing in on the car carrier and speed up the film to add to the visual effect of "fast" LOL Im like yeah.... its not that fast.....
None the less it seems Chevy is marketing very well again...

BTW: is "Well be there" added to the pile of slogan's past like Heartbeat of america and, Genuine Chevrolet???

Are they going to be using that "American Revolution" thing from now on??

97 Z me go.... I CANT get over that avitar man !!! i sat and stared for about 5 min LOL Good Lord !!

Ricky Bobby
01-03-2004, 11:46 AM
so anybody can buy them or is HOLZ just bein a bunch of dipsh$ts

BAD LS1
01-03-2004, 01:28 PM
I dont see what the big Focking deal is....

Its really nothing THAT special that the need is there treat it like its a Enzo Ferrari.

My family is preferred customers with Holz because we bought 5 new vehicles from there in the past 6 years. But i dont want a 14 sec $40,000 el camino though....

Heat Seeker WS6
01-04-2004, 07:57 PM
I stopped by there on Sat and the 2nd black one just arrived. The guy I was speaking with said thery're only getting 15 over the next 3 model years.

12secondGTP
01-04-2004, 09:25 PM
I actually saw one on I94 under the HWY 100 bridge, on my way to work. I think Tom put it best

14 sec $40,000 el camino though

69LT1
01-11-2004, 10:13 PM
I think they better hurry and sell them to anyone who actually wants to buy one.

Those pieces of crap are wholesaling at auctions for $50k. Hate to be holding the bag when the bottom drops out.

BAD LS1
01-13-2004, 01:56 PM
Hahahahah Brookside has got a red one, it was parked outside (how dare them) covered with snow and light salt spray from test drives it looked like LOL , that thing wasnt treated like a million dollar exotic like that one at Holz thats for damn sure LOL.

It might be fun to test drive that 15 sec terror and do some brakestands and 30 mph reverse drops with it :devil Being the fact Brookside lets you take a car out on a test drive without a salesman if you got another person with you LOL.

yeah i rember when stupid asses bought S-10 Xtremes for like 30K when they first came out :rolf Yeah when i paid 19K out the door in 99' for a loaded 4.3 auto at the same time dealers where gouging eyeballs out of poor suckers LOL
:3gears:

JC70SS
01-13-2004, 11:28 PM
One ugly POS! Kauffman on Good hope has a yellow one outside.

BAD LS1
01-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by JC00SS
One ugly POS! Kauffman on Good hope has a yellow one outside.

So what your saying is you bought that one??

Are you trading the SS?? WTF!! and you didnt give anyone the chance to buy it first???:mad:

12secondGTP
01-15-2004, 09:48 AM
I saw another one to day getting on I-94 from hwy 100 going east, it was black with tinited windows and the plates said "4 SKIP" The truck does not look intimidating on the road by any means

jbiscuit
01-15-2004, 10:02 AM
I saw a yellow one getting on 43 this morning 2 cars ahead of me on the onramp.....not intimidating at all...not sure what happened but I remember seeing the prototypes and it look really mean. Not the case with this thing. The Yellow one had tinted windows as well and the license plate said "SHOCKER"

I sped up to get along side the guy to see if he wanted some wagon but he never even looked over. It does sound tough though but it looks kinda stupid though IMO.

A B4C Z
01-15-2004, 06:21 PM
HAHA they all have tinted windows becuase they dont want to be seen and get made fun of for getting ripped off and it being so ugly.

Joe Q.
01-31-2004, 12:04 PM
Guys I saw the yellow one on hi-100 Wendsday with a lady or older girl driving it (not to well either) anyways i sent in to GM for some brochiers and you can get preapproved statments from GM for almost any new car or truck! that includes the new GTO! so try that route (could'nt get one for the SSR though) hey should I trade my 98 SS for a new GTO?