PDA

View Full Version : Problems with cat pissing on the floor

badass88gt
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
All of a sudden my cat started pissing on the floor in the bathroom. He's never done it before but now he's done it like 3 times. Nothing in his life has changed, litter box, his litter, nothing.

Anyone have any idea what his problem is?

Reverend Cooper
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
yes he wants to die

Flicktitty
10-13-2008, 09:15 PM
it's the economy lol

but seriously maybe it wants attention? i heard some animals will be "bad" just so you pay some attention to them?

If thats not it i'd just call a vet.

STANMAN
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
Cats taste like chicken........I'm just saying......:rolf

badass88gt
10-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I was thinking that attention thing too, we are gone qwuite a bit between work and play.

Silver350
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
I dont have a cat but did a google search some people say it could be a Urinary track infection or a kidney infection. You can always call your vet tomorrow and see what they say.

Reverend Cooper
10-13-2008, 09:17 PM
way to go jerk,its all your fault. maybe if you pee on the cat,i dunno

michelle
10-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Is the cat the only animal in the house?

badass88gt
I'm told its a behavior thing, I guess one of the signs is that he took a dump on the floor the other day too, so its not a urinary tract or kidney thing. I should just take him to Coops house.....

badass88gt
Is the cat the only animal in the house?

Yes ma'am. Besides myself, that is.

Car Guy
10-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Meow.....:goof

Flicktitty
10-13-2008, 09:24 PM
Yes ma'am. Besides myself, that is.

lol, you big *****. :thumbsup

michelle
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
You can try this:

http://www.catfaeries.com/feliway.html

You can find it (and other brands) at any, if not all, pet stores. It "calms" cats down with a scent that they can smell. Your cat might have seen another animal outside and is being territorial.

Or you can put a litter box in the bathroom and slowly move it closer to the cat's original litter box each time your cat uses it until you get it next to the original one. And you can use a bleach/water solution to clean the area to remove the scent of the cat pee so your cat doesn't recognize the smell and continue to go there.

Silver350
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm told its a behavior thing, I guess one of the signs is that he took a dump on the floor the other day too, so its not a urinary tract or kidney thing. I should just take him to Coops house.....

Well then kick the G** D*** Cat :thumbsup

OxmanWI
10-13-2008, 09:45 PM
hahaha nice thread title!

70 cutlass 442
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
yes he wants to die

:rolf

nismodave
10-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Shoot it.

moels
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
The puzzy is crying out for the cockk!!!

Berettaspeed
10-13-2008, 10:44 PM
if the litter box is full they will do that, also is it pee or spray?

mynameismike65
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
i used to work at a pet store......first thing you need to do is to go out and get either natures miracle or petastic sprays and generously coat the area where it pissed (if carpet let it soak in) let it sit until it drys (carpet) or if lynolium let sit fo a while and then wipe up any thats left. It kills the odor enzymes and all that because if an animal, cat or dog, pisses in a spot they will continue until you use one of those products. You havnt touched or messed with its food have you? A dirty litter box can cause them to get mad, or a lack of attention.

lordairgtar
10-13-2008, 11:25 PM
You can try this:

http://www.catfaeries.com/feliway.html

You can find it (and other brands) at any, if not all, pet stores. It "calms" cats down with a scent that they can smell. Your cat might have seen another animal outside and is being territorial.

Or you can put a litter box in the bathroom and slowly move it closer to the cat's original litter box each time your cat uses it until you get it next to the original one. And you can use a bleach/water solution to clean the area to remove the scent of the cat pee so your cat doesn't recognize the smell and continue to go there.
Wouldn't it be awesome to use that at people's houses you don't like? Just spray in the litter box when no one is looking. Their kitteh will then be peeing elsewhere.

Undertaker
10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Our cat was having the same issue. The vet said it could be an infection or that we weren't changing the litter box enough. I guess what they said is cats get more picky the older they are with their litter box. So I have been trying to change the litter box more often which is helping out a lot. And if you don't want to spend a ton of money on cleaners, you can try Woolite Pet. That is what our vet recommended for over the counter.

badass88gt
10-14-2008, 08:08 AM
We thought about the litter box also, but last night he shat on the floor only an hour after a fresh box cleaning. My girlfriend is ready to take him away but I'm hoping we can find a solution so it doesnt have to be.

SmokinRAM114
10-14-2008, 08:40 AM
http://www.gunblast.com/images/SWSigma9/MVC-024F.jpg

Cryptic
10-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Shoot it.

fivonut
10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
We thought about the litter box also, but last night he shat on the floor only an hour after a fresh box cleaning. My girlfriend is ready to take him away but I'm hoping we can find a solution so it doesnt have to be.

Take it in. My G/F's cat was doing the same thing, she also thought it was just behavior related and just got used to cleaning up after it, a few months later she woke up to find him dead on the kitchen floor. Had something to do with some sort of crystal building up in his bladder or kidneys that's apparently quite common for household cats.

badass88gt
10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Was yours just pissing or crapping on the floor too?

She doesnt want to take him it, to the vet. She wants to take him in, to the rescue place that we got him from, or to the humane society.

Nix
10-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Take it in. My G/F's cat was doing the same thing, she also thought it was just behavior related and just got used to cleaning up after it, a few months later she woke up to find him dead on the kitchen floor. Had something to do with some sort of crystal building up in his bladder or kidneys that's apparently quite common for household cats.

The crystals are typical and only found in male cats if I'm remembering correctly. One of our cats had to be put down becuase of it. He couldn't piss anymore and we put him to sleep.

I would take the cat to the vet and have it checked out. the way that I look at it is you can't just make a family member go away. I guess depending on how long or attached to the cat matter also.

Good luck!

xxtremeteam
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
A guy at my old work had this problem he used something similar to this product he claimed it worked fast and well
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2754845

07ROUSHSTG3
10-14-2008, 12:57 PM
The crystals are typical and only found in male cats if I'm remembering correctly. One of our cats had to be put down becuase of it. He couldn't piss anymore and we put him to sleep.

I would take the cat to the vet and have it checked out. the way that I look at it is you can't just make a family member go away. I guess depending on how long or attached to the cat matter also.

Good luck!

we had a kitten one time that had crystals very bad. was pissing everywhere. eventually it would have lost the ability to piss and it would have been super painful. cat was pissing everywhere, so we put it down. they can check for the crystals pretty easy. either take it to the vet, or just put it down and save yourself the smell and the money!

Silver350
10-14-2008, 01:14 PM
If you take your cat to the humane society you have to pay them to take the cat. Also I heard a lot of cats get put down instead of given a new home.

CobraSnake
10-14-2008, 01:22 PM
If you take your cat to the humane society you have to pay them to take the cat. Also I heard a lot of cats get put down instead of given a new home.

you mean they're put down because they couldn't find a new home for them. Not because they didn't want to find a new home for them.

Mark

BAD LS1
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Im aching for the day one of the old ladie's cats, and one shes watching to fuck up like this... one bastard shits outside the litter box if there is another cats turd in it already... I also heard once they start this shit, they dont stop. Time for a release to nature or the other above mentioned ideas. At least i can tell with my dog if he feels bad about an accident in the house, cats just look at you like "what?"

Silver350
10-14-2008, 03:33 PM
you mean they're put down because they couldn't find a new home for them. Not because they didn't want to find a new home for them.

Mark

Just because they are so many of them and not enough people taking them in. Plus if they find out the cat shits outside the litter box some people may not want to see if they can correct the problem.

badass88gt
10-14-2008, 03:55 PM
You guys talking about the crystals, thats a urinary thing right? It would have nothing to do with him shitting on the floor?

Nix
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
You guys talking about the crystals, thats a urinary thing right? It would have nothing to do with him shitting on the floor?

Correct. I'm 99% sure, you may want to check with a vet though for sure.

fivonut
10-15-2008, 01:19 AM

Yeh I think so, but either way, when an animal starts doing that kind of thing there's a reason and only one way to find out. Well, two but the second involves letting nature figure it out and I get the impression you guys don't want to let it get that far.

That_Guy
10-15-2008, 07:16 AM
i install flooring.. cat piss is ******* sick... shoot the cat and stuff it in your neighbors mail box

/thread

badass88gt
10-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Are you a pet owner?