PDA

View Full Version : TOM guess what!!!!

GTSLOW
01-02-2004, 03:13 PM
GM came out with a new injector setup for the 96+ CPI injection. Instead of using one injection with little tubes going into the ports theres 6 little injectors. It costs around 250 for the new setup/conversion. Looks like the next military leave will be: Poly motor mounts, fixing the exhaust leak with copper gaskets and stage 8 bolts, New injector setup, and more.

I'll try to get more info on it.

BAD LS1
01-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Yeah i believe GM has been using that MPI injection version since 02' on the LF6 and L35 4300's

GTSLOW
01-02-2004, 04:45 PM
So ya think I should do it? The conversion is $223.08 from gmpartsdirect.com it says u get an injector, bracket, and seal.

BAD LS1
01-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Are you sure thats diff???? I think thats just a revised version the of the current octopuss. Better look into that... thats deffinatley not individual injectors from the part descrip... it describes your current injection....

Hetfield
01-02-2004, 07:54 PM
As long as it still uses that same poppet valve, be weary...very weary.

BAD LS1
01-03-2004, 07:28 PM
Yeah Nanner just save your money its just a revised "octopuss" injection unit with a little better Bosch fuel pressure regulator on it.

GTSLOW
01-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Well I got the P0300 or sumthing code. Thats a manufactur code as my generic autotap said. I asked around the s10forum and they said that means the injector setup is going bad or leaking.

I beleive that may be part of the reason I'm getting missfires downlow. Along with burnt sparkplugs wires offcourse. :)

GTSLOW
01-05-2004, 12:13 PM

GTSLOW
01-05-2004, 12:15 PM
Well I've already started on my next list of mods that I'm doing for the next time I get leave.

Here it is: Poly motor/tranny mounts, oil cooler so I can run my be cool radiator, removed ac components, stage 8 header bolts, exhaust cut out, new spark plug wires, new distribtor cap, new gm injector setup, and possibly a reflash and polished up intake manifold. :) I can't wait.

BAD LS1
01-05-2004, 12:50 PM
PO300 means Random Misfire. Your injection unit is fine... It starts and runs too good for it to have failed.

Your cam will set off false missfires, it jsut namely the lumpy idle casue it. The crank position sensor is what detects misfires, My Camaro used to get a PO300 if i would let it sit and idle for a while and drive the misfire count up. But with edit i have since turned off the DTC. BTW too bad you dont have a 01- newer 4.3 www.carputing.com makes Edit for that model years of 4.3 trucks now LOL

Hetfield
01-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 96s10
Well I got the P0300 or sumthing code. Thats a manufactur code as my generic autotap said. I asked around the s10forum and they said that means the injector setup is going bad or leaking.

I beleive that may be part of the reason I'm getting missfires downlow. Along with burnt sparkplugs wires offcourse. :)

Check and see if that blasted poppet valve is stuck. Typically, if you send ~120psi of pressure through the fuel line through the schrader valve it will unstick it.

This being useful if it is an actual misfire. :)

Al
01-05-2004, 07:47 PM
90 4.3, does it have the spider injection or is it just tbi.

BTW- when the octopus fires its injector, do all of the tubes spray at once, or are they actually firing on their own?

BAD LS1
01-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by BlueBullet
90 4.3, does it have the spider injection or is it just tbi.

BTW- when the octopus fires its injector, do all of the tubes spray at once, or are they actually firing on their own?

90' is TBI 92 was the first year for CPI "vortec" injection then was later revised to a less complicated intake manifold design in 96'

The Octupuss injecton unit has the ability to fire indivdual nozzles, its not a batchfire. Its got indivdual solenoids for each tube inside of that 4" X 3" plasitic injection unit with the regulator.
Its fired by the computer in the correct sequence. Those things work off of 60PSI of rail pressure if they even drop down to 58PSI the regulator wont function correctly and will cause a hard/no start condition. And i thought my LS1 was high @ 58 PSI constant and thats at least MPI LOL

GTSLOW
01-06-2004, 12:02 PM
I was also asking around the s10forum about doing a computer swap. Theres only ones person who's done it and he says its just alot of splicing.