PDA

View Full Version : Supra Websites/Techsites

Sprayaway Fox
10-12-2008, 12:56 AM
My bud sold his acura and bought a 93 supra. He just bought it a couple of days ago and is having problems finding websites for them. Anybody know of any sites. He said its a supra VI i think, it looks like vin diesels car but a straight six in it. I think I saw some signatures with supras in them since on site so just wondering if someone that can pass the word. Thanx

Waver
10-12-2008, 01:05 AM
well for starters, I dont think there was ever a v6 supra, they are all inline (Flick can i get a ruling on this). Next, it wasnt really vin diesels car, it was paul walkers car, but that dosnt realy matter.

You should be agle to find somthing like a chiltons manual or somthing like that on line, or should be able to order one from your local parts store. aslo there might be some tsbs (technical service bulliten) on line.....now if you are looking for a supra site, well ise google and you will come across like at least 60 of them......

Sprayaway Fox
10-12-2008, 01:24 AM
The post says a straight six. It looks like A Rx7 to me, but its got a "targa" top on it. Not an import guy, so just tryng to helpm out. He needs like stock body panels and things like that and hes freekn out because there isnt any besides some huge ground effect kits. He mostly wants to keep it looking stock. So theres gotta be some supra guys on here so just want to know what sites are benifical that other guys have used. Dat is all So he asked me to see if anybody has a site or something. He found a site in the UK but like he told me he is just starting.

Waver
10-12-2008, 01:33 AM
The post says a straight six. It looks like A Rx7 to me, but its got a "targa" top on it. Not an import guy, so just tryng to helpm out.
oh I knew exactally what you were talking about...I was just sayng that as far as I know they are all a streight 6. if it is the turbo model it is the 2jz engine....targa model.....good find......to be honest, the supra forums are going to be the best bet if you are just trying to get it running......ask flick about what sites are the best, as I have been out of the supra world for a while

Flicktitty
10-12-2008, 01:34 AM
www.supraforums.com

there is nothing else better then that site for supras or try www.MKIV.com it's a good site to learn and read up on them.

How much he pay for the car? Is it Turbo or N/a? If it's turbo it's the 2JZGTE and if it's NA it's the 2JZGE

Waver
10-12-2008, 01:37 AM
www.supraforums.com

there is nothing else better then that site for supras or try www.MKIV.com it's a good site to learn and read up on them.

How much he pay for the car? Is it Turbo or N/a? If it's turbo it's the 2JZGTE and if it's NA it's the 2JZGE
thanks flick, I was hoping that you would chime in, as i couldnt remember the exact engine lettering......was mkiv.com known as a different name a while ago (like in 2000)

Flicktitty
10-12-2008, 01:44 AM
thanks flick, I was hoping that you would chime in, as i couldnt remember the exact engine lettering......was mkiv.com known as a different name a while ago (like in 2000)

idk as i wasen't too into the supra online communitity when i was 13-14 lol

Anything else you need let me or Chad (Smokey he is a supra fan aswell) ND4SPD (has a single turbo supra) as well as Floaters (he aswell has a Single turbo supra.

boostin350z
10-12-2008, 04:44 AM
supras are all online 6's. for some supra sites, try www.suprastore.com titanmotorsports.com soundperformance.com, and for the body panels, tell him to check local supra forums, and junkyards, and even craigslsit. sometimes used parts are just as good as new, at a fraction of the cost

Smokey1226
10-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Call Curt @ 630.279.2265

For any parts your buddy could possibly want. OEM replacement type stuff, and panels ect

supra213
10-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Don't ever do business with www.suprastore.com, EVER.

Titan, soundperformance and www.mvpmotorsports.com are some of the most respected and reputable parts dealers for supras.

As Flicktitty said, supraforums.com and mkiv.com are the cream of the crop for online help. The online community is awesome. Pro-tip, search for your answers before you ask for help. Commonly asked questions usually have a sticky thread made already for easy access.

Sprayaway Fox
10-12-2008, 01:47 PM
He paid 4000 and the car was in parts, he got it running last nite. Its a non turbo auto car with a "decent" body he says but he is a body guy. Its red right now but Its his dream car to mod. Sorry for the stupid questions and misinterperate things but he is the only one in the clique' that does imports for right now. So his goal is drivable 600 HP with the car. Which sounds feesible. He just told me to check to maybe get some headsup on sites for him. Thanx guys:thumbsup

Flicktitty
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
if he does a GTE swap with bolt ons and a DECENT singe he should be at the 600WHP area pretty easy. or you could go NA-T theres a few kits out there but i think there around the 400ish hp range.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM
didn;t he just get his acura done, or is this a different guy??

Smokey1226
10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
ohhh snap, he's got a lot of money ahead of him to take an auto NA to anything really fun. Wish him the best of luck though!

Sprayaway Fox
10-12-2008, 09:48 PM
didn;t he just get his acura done, or is this a different guy??

Yeah its Mikey, He put a bigger turbo on it this year. I guess he had it on craigslist like a long time ago (2 yrs?)with the first buildup and it made 440. he put bigger injectors and e85 and big turbo and made 580 with room 2 spare and detuned it. someone called him on it from his old CR post. he got 11,000 for it he had 12,000 into whole car. But like as you know Eric, hes a body guy so paint and body is free for him. He said car was fun but it was STILL FWD. So he sold it 2 a asian kid in manitowoc thats gonna drive it in winter! SERIOUSLY. But cash talks, freekn car was a magazine car! I guess on test drive kid was shifting when the boost just started coming in and he would shift and he said this thing is scary fast! Mikey told him you still have another 5000 RPM to go! WE tried to G tech but no slicks it would burn thru 4th and G tech said 12.3 HA HA.

I asked you if you were going to the show but thats when I had fuel pump problems, and Milwaukee barely has E85 the way it seems and we dont know the area, so we said fuggit and thats why I told ya wasnt going. ( I think you were going up north that wknd)
NEXT YEAR WERE GETTN A CARAVAN THOUGH!

boostin350z
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
He paid 4000 and the car was in parts, he got it running last nite. Its a non turbo auto car with a "decent" body he says but he is a body guy. Its red right now but Its his dream car to mod. Sorry for the stupid questions and misinterperate things but he is the only one in the clique' that does imports for right now. So his goal is drivable 600 HP with the car. Which sounds feesible. He just told me to check to maybe get some headsup on sites for him. Thanx guys:thumbsup

mind that alot of things besies the motor were different from na to turbo. brakes were larger on the turbo, and i believe driveshaft was upgraded as well (?)

ND4SPD
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
if he's looking for a good shop, Sound Performance in the Chicago area www.spracingonline.com is the place to go here in the MidWest. Also, if he's looking for an aftermarket exhaust, I have a used ATR exhaust (my old exhaust) I can sell him *relatively* cheap. Looks stock, sounds great, flows even better. If he's interested I can send him to my YouTube site which has a bunch of exhaust videos. I really need to get it out of my basement. I don't have a downpipe for it anymore but it'll hook up to the stock downpipe just fine.

87M-GTE
10-22-2008, 04:34 PM
www.Supramania.com

What kind of work does he all need done?
I have alot of experience working on toyotas, especially supras:thumbsup