PDA

View Full Version : Brand New BOP Billet Turbo 400, race converter, and 3.5" aluminum driveshaft G-body

GinoRin
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
This stuff is all brand new never run, no fluid ever run through it. The trans was built ay Hipster / Automatic Transmission Design here in Germantown, WI. These guys are known around the country for building Turbo 400s. The trans has every billet part you could get, its built to run into the 8s. Forward pattern manual valve body as well as -AN fittings for the cooler lines.

The converter was also custom built by Hipster/ATD to stall between 32-3500 in a full weight Turbo Buick. The converter is the best one they build and I personally know guys running in the low 8s and high 7s with this converter.

Total cost for the trans and converter was $2127.84 plus -AN fittings, I have the receipt.

The driveshaft is a super heavy duty piece built by Don's Machine in Kenosha, WI. Its a 3.5x.125" wall aluminum tube with Spicer joints and a Spicer HD Slip Yoke. Has the correct U-joint for use in a 8.5" 10 bolt, and is the correct length for any 78-87 G-body. It'll probably fit other applications, too but I'm not sure. It was built for a 87 GN.

Total cost for the driveshaft was $541.71, receipt in hand

This is pretty much a bolt-in affair for any Turbo Buick who wants to convert to a Turbo 400. There's $2700+ in everything, and its all brand new never used. I'll take $2200 or will trade for a fully built billet BRF 200 trans and matching driveshaft. Will trade up or down too. I've decided not to give up overdrive

BigSnailBuick
10-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Whats that gino....Your saying since Im your buddy I get this trans and driveshaft on payment plans :banana1::banana1: :drool::drool:

GinoRin
10-12-2008, 06:11 PM
well if you want to go *real* fast and not break sh*t, this is the setup. Trade ya my old car for it :thumbsup :banana1: