PDA

View Full Version : Uwm

Hetfield
12-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Anybody go there? What do you think of it? Major? Thanks. :D

JC70SS
12-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Went there. Did not like it. Very anti-social campus due to the severe number of comuters. Also way to many LIBERALS. Spent 90% of my weekends in Madison when my brothers where there. Major was microbiology. Where do you go to school now? My suggestion to anyone would be get great grades somewhere for 2 years and transfer to UW. If I was 18 again and could go to any university it would for sure be Madison.

PB86MCSS
12-31-2003, 01:56 PM
I go there full time and have been for awhile now :wstupid: , my major is now accounting but I started out going for architecture. 2 more semesters and finally done.

I agree, it is somewhat anti-social and liberal....also not a fan of that. I am glad it has a very good business school though and the architecture school is very very good as well. But part of me wishes I went somewhere else to enjoy the college years a bit more such as Madison or a Stevens Point(always had a blast there). I am a commuter though but since quite a few of my friends went(most are finishing up now) there I made alot of friends and had a pretty decent time.

I'm just sick of school in many ways and can't wait to graduate :D.

Prince Valiant
12-31-2003, 04:25 PM
I could never walk across UWM when I would use the library there without being accosted to save the seal, hug a tree, or fight the power. Hated every trip there.

BUt it does have a nice urban setting w/o being to urban lol marquette.

JC70SS
12-31-2003, 05:00 PM
Amen Chris!
Granted Madison has more Liberals like that, BUT it is a much bigger campus and a lot more normal kids there too.

Al
12-31-2003, 05:04 PM
Stupid SUPER liberals...

Funny thing is that most people who consider themselvs to be liberal and took a short test about their values and beliefs found out that they were more conservative than thgey thought. Nothing wrong with being liberal... its those destructive "super-liberals" you have to be wary of. Lets not forget about Gores $3 gallon of gas

Speaking of treehuggers...

Some dumbass hippy was complaining that my car got too few miles per gallon and was destroying the ozone. Being the BSer that I am somewhat good at, I told her that the mods allowed me to get about 40 miles per gallon, then I told her to STFU, and she did. The observers thought it was funny.

Hetfield
12-31-2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm real conservative, but I've always loved the seemingly never-ending battle with most of the left. Sounds like I could get a kick out of this school. :D

Like BlueBullet pointed out, they're not all bad...just the Mrs. and Mrs. Clinton impregnated versions of talking heads running around.

One last question; what's the deal with emissions in Milwaukee? Hard to pass? Tricks? Thanks. :)

PB86MCSS
12-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Theres some non liberals at UWM, don't worry. What is your major going to be, or planned on? Freshman or transfering? I used to get mobbed by those religious freaks or others asking questions or whatever my first couple years but the last few have been pretty mild..then again most my classes are in one building and I avoid the union more. If UWM has a good program for what you want to get into, go for it....afterall thats is the most important thing about going to school, I guess :D.

Just register your car in any of the non southeastern 5? counties and you won't have one problem. Very easy to do and no way of getting busted, just use your REAL address and not one from up north and there won't be any issues(i.e. if you get pulled over your real address shows up then). When registering the form asks which city and county the vehicle is KEPT in, so its almost a gimme...put down a northern or western city/county(you do not need an address) and if they ask(and half the time they do not bother) say thats where its being restored or fixed, some realistic line of b.s. Happy polluting! ;). Even though my LS and I'm sure other cars I've purchased would pass with ease, its just much easier and less of a hassle to do. Besides I'm not one to conform to government mandated crap :Hump . PM me if you want more information.

And if anyone has a problem with me posting this information, please don't be so anal :flipoff: ;) and contact me privately.

Hetfield
12-31-2003, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the advice. My car has basically no chance of passing any emissions test...anywhere. Hell, one look at it and I'm sure the people working the testing center would fall over from laughter. ;)

My major will be Architecture. From what I have heard, it looks like a pretty good program. I've been around the campus a couple times, but I need to get down there and scope out the actual arch college. I'll be a transfer student. I've got a shade over 60 credits between a few different schools up here in MN. If half of them transfer over, I'd be a happy guy. :D Any experience with the arch college?

PB86MCSS
01-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I only took a couple classes in it and decided it wasn't for me. Its a tough but good school...just way too much time for myself to put into it. Studio work was about a full time job, which I could not do or see myself doing.

Another thing that I don't like about the campus is the ricers...you will see some f-bodies and a couple other cool cars but alot of rice :flamet .

Inhaler
01-04-2004, 04:55 PM
i am going there. i am in the mechanical engineering program. never had the problems they are talking about, probably due to the fact i am there at night. i would agree it is an anti social campus though.

Hetfield
01-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all the comments. :) I appreciate it.

I think I'll give the Arch. school a couple semesters and see if it is for me.

Al
01-04-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Inhaler
...i am in the mechanical engineering program...

Seems like there are quite a few ME's here.

02hawk796
01-05-2004, 08:02 AM
For some reason, I didn't see any mention of how he's going to park his car around there, for school or housing.
Am I missing out on some trick on how to safely be parked around there?

Hetfield
01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
I'll have my own apartment. :)

02hawk796
01-06-2004, 07:52 AM
That's what I meant. Be sure to get a parking spot. Milw uses parking tix as a revenue source.