PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with HWY?

mynameismike65
10-10-2008, 01:39 PM
The past few weeks have been sh*ty.......I mean where did all the guys with the nice cars go? It used to be packed with Vettes,stangs,Camaros,Trans,STIs,ect but its mainly just sh*t stain rice.(4 door rusted Hondas with systems) There is usually that kind of junk in the back of the culvers lot anyway but theres normally alot of good stuff there to offset it. I was there last Sat and it sucked! My friend came back from the Army and was so excited to go last Sat and it was all junk........anyone gonna be out this Sat?

Crawlin
10-10-2008, 01:41 PM
All the street cars got put away!

juicedimpss
10-10-2008, 01:45 PM

no,the street cars will be out playing tonite
:thumbsup

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Not mine Chris- I am a die hard...lol

its gonna be shitty next week and gorgeous this weekend- I will be living in my car because I will be missing it shortly!!!!!!!

I will be on the highway- on the cruise- just driving- it is loving the cool weather but the tires aren't

mynameismike65
10-10-2008, 01:53 PM
^^^yeah I should really skip the Silverstein concert Sat so I can get more seat time before winter.......I think Im going to try to make the Sunday cruise. It just depends how I feel tomrrow after my buddies party tonight:(

HRSEPLA
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Gotta go to Oscar's not Culver's:thumbsup

Flicktitty
10-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah it's been pretty dead last few weeks. i'm gonna be out tonight and tomarrow night.

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM
better be out bitch

mynameismike65
10-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Gotta go to Oscar's not Culver's:thumbsup

I was at Ocars last Sat and it was dead as a door nail so I just left and went to Culvers.

Exitspeed
10-10-2008, 02:26 PM
The past few weeks have been sh*ty.......I mean where did all the guys with the nice cars go? It used to be packed with Vettes,stangs,Camaros,Trans,STIs,ect but its mainly just sh*t stain rice.(4 door rusted Hondas with systems) There is usually that kind of junk in the back of the culvers lot anyway but theres normally alot of good stuff there to offset it. I was there last Sat and it sucked! My friend came back from the Army and was so excited to go last Sat and it was all junk........anyone gonna be out this Sat?

Maybe people finally realized how lame cruising the hwy was for anyone over 18.

I love having to triple check each way when I cross hwy and Beloit to make sure I don't get t-boned by some dumb fuck racing.

Actually, no I don't love that.

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 02:31 PM
^^^^putz...

I'm 50 and enjoy going up

mynameismike65
10-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Maybe people finally realized how lame cruising the hwy was for anyone over 18.

I love having to triple check each way when I cross hwy and Beloit to make sure I don't get t-boned by some dumb fuck racing.

Actually, no I don't love that.

Yeah wheres the hate coming from.......its a good time. Hanging out,looking at cars,meeting new people.....there will always be morons who race on the actual strip but that doesnt mean its just for stupid young kids.....:confused

VroomPshhTsi
10-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I'll be at Club Paragon tonight so I'll see how lame HWY is.

mrz28M6
10-10-2008, 02:41 PM
place should be renamed to club sausage fest

Syclone0044
10-10-2008, 02:45 PM

Who puts their car away at the beginning of October?

Summer is short enough in Wisconsin, got to make the MOST of it!!

shoooo32
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm down to raise some hell tonight.

Exitspeed
10-10-2008, 02:46 PM
^^^^putz...

I'm 50 and enjoy going up

Yeah wheres the hate coming from.......its a good time. Hanging out,looking at cars,meeting new people.....there will always be morons who race on the actual strip but that doesnt mean its just for stupid young kids.....:confused

The hate comes from the fact that people die up there more often then they should.

Its just that I live around Sunnyslope and Beloit and I cross Hwy 100 all the time and at night it can be a deadly place to cross. The hate is justified.

But if you guys aren't the ones racing then you weren't the dumb fucks I was referring to. :thumbsup

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM
lol- been a dumb azz but no ones been man enough to own up to my face that I am a dumb fuck...lol...yet!

Yooformula
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
Its just that I live around Sunnyslope and Beloit and I cross Hwy 100 all the time and at night it can be a deadly place to cross. The hate is justified.

But if you guys aren't the ones racing then you weren't the dumb fucks I was referring to. :thumbsup

I actually agree with this statement!

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 06:02 PM
then maybe numb nutz should have put it that way in the first place!

Yooformula
10-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Andy you are just ooooooooold!:rolf

CPonyGo
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
lolol- I know it...behind the monitor is the only way for me to be tuff...lol

That_Guy
10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
i wanted to go out tonight but i got stung by a bee.. and im kinda deathly allergic to them

might still go out but its in the air

SpdRcrZ
10-10-2008, 07:37 PM
I've got my munchkin tonight (wife works till close..... @ menards), so no hwy tonight for me..... (might make her stop and get food from oscars though!!!)

I'll be out tomorrow night however...... maybe I'll even wash the goat.

Yooformula
10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
mike, your best might be to have a good ole party for him! get your buds over with their cars.

Exitspeed
10-11-2008, 09:37 AM
lol- been a dumb azz but no ones been man enough to own up to my face that I am a dumb fuck...lol...yet!

I'm 5'6'' 130lbs, and I'd have no problem telling you to your face. Now if you are that naive that you can't realize that it's an incredibly dumb ass thing to do, then I pity you.

Again, I' not calling anyone out or trying to be a hard ass. I'm just stating my opinion on the matter.

I've done 100mph+ on the hwy before. And yes I am a dumb ass. But that was 6-7 years ago and I've matured enough to realize that it was one of the most idiotic things I've ever done in my life and regret it incredibly.

Nothing personal CPonyGo.

Lash
10-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I'm 5'6'' 130lbs....

I' not calling anyone out or trying to be a hard ass.

I certainly hope not....lol.

CPonyGo
10-11-2008, 12:42 PM
Okay Exitspeed- you are tiny..I get it..you have 24 posts and come on here and condescend to others on the dangers of the hwy ,yet you have driven 100+ mph there!!!!!!!!!! Then you further qualify your lame statement by saying YOU were a dumbass kid then thus giving you the right to parent over anyone else... get a life.

Lets try this for your first post here... Nice site but anymore you have to be careful on the hwy. Its dangerous to cross especially late at night when the ricers are in rut and racing after each other...

<wink> nothing personal

Exitspeed
10-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Okay Exitspeed- you are tiny..I get it..you have 24 posts and come on here and condescend to others on the dangers of the hwy ,yet you have driven 100+ mph there!!!!!!!!!! Then you further qualify your lame statement by saying YOU were a dumbass kid then thus giving you the right to parent over anyone else... get a life.

Lets try this for your first post here... Nice site but anymore you have to be careful on the hwy. Its dangerous to cross especially late at night when the ricers are in rut and racing after each other...

<wink> nothing personal

It's called live and learn. Maturity. You'll understand one day. <wink wink>

CPonyGo
10-13-2008, 09:51 AM
LOL- yeah one day I will grow up to be a law abiding adult....

SmokinRAM114
10-13-2008, 10:46 AM
LOL- yeah one day I will grow up to be a law abiding adult....

:rolf ur cars too loud grow up over teh hill ageless man:goof

CPonyGo
10-13-2008, 10:48 AM
That reminds me- my ticket is due!!!! LOL damn immaturity

GRAMPS SS
10-13-2008, 02:26 PM
admit it ANDY^^^^^^^^^^YOUR OLD DAMMIT

SmokinRAM114
10-13-2008, 02:28 PM
admit it ANDY^^^^^^^^^^YOUR OLD DAMMIT

he did.... look at post #11:goof

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Thats nuts 50 !!!! Dont look a day past 40 to me.
I am 29 and have been cruising hwy for 14 years and don't think I will ever give it up.
I have not heard of alot of killings on HWY, car accidents happen everywhere.

Exitspeed
10-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Thats nuts 50 !!!! Dont look a day past 40 to me.
I am 29 and have been cruising hwy for 14 years and don't think I will ever give it up.
I have not heard of alot of killings on HWY, car accidents happen everywhere.

There was a an incident a few years back where some poor guy was crossing the HWY and he was t-boned by some dude racing. He was killed.

There was also the kid that got killed at the intersection of Hwy 100 and Beliot. I'm reminded of that nearly every week.

Those were both just a few years ago. No it's not that often, but it's often enough. I bet a lot of people sticking up for racing up ther would think different of it if it was their kid or best friend or mom or dad that was killed.

Oh well. I'm beating a dead horse here. I'm actually not this serious of a person. People on here know me and I'm usually the last person to preach about shit. Sorry for raining on your guys parade. Carry on.

CobraSnake
10-13-2008, 04:16 PM
There was a an incident a few years back where some poor guy was crossing the HWY and he was t-boned by some dude racing. He was killed.

There was also the kid that got killed at the intersection of Hwy 100 and Beliot. I'm reminded of that nearly every week.

Those were both just a few years ago. No it's not that often, but it's often enough. I bet a lot of people sticking up for racing up ther would think different of it if it was their kid or best friend or mom or dad that was killed.

Oh well. I'm beating a dead horse here. I'm actually not this serious of a person. People on here know me and I'm usually the last person to preach about shit. Sorry for raining on your guys parade. Carry on.

I don't think anyone is sticking up for it. They are just saying "hey if we want to do that its OUR choice not yours". Oh and they are also saying that you saying you used to be a dumb kid and complaining about dumb kids is just calling the kettle black.

You are entitled to your opinon but, if you used to do it you have no right yelling at others who do it now. Oh and your right it would be a tottally different story if it was someone's kid.

Mark

Exitspeed
10-13-2008, 04:37 PM
I don't think anyone is sticking up for it. They are just saying "hey if we want to do that its OUR choice not yours". Oh and they are also saying that you saying you used to be a dumb kid and complaining about dumb kids is just calling the kettle black.

You are entitled to your opinon but, if you used to do it you have no right yelling at others who do it now. Oh and your right it would be a tottally different story if it was someone's kid.

Mark

I was hardly yelling at anyone.

Again, you learn from your mistakes. I've done a lot of stupid shit in the past. But you live and learn. It's just like giving anyone any advice. You give it based off of life's lessons. "Calling the kettle black" is a cop out statement.

"O'h you did it man. Don't tell me not to."

Again, do what you guys want. But this is a forum and opinions are going to be stated. Whether they are asked for or not in some cases. ;)

Irish
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
^ Going on a car site bitching about "speeding" is like going on a poker site and bitching about gambling.

You're barking up the wrong tree Chester.

CPonyGo
10-13-2008, 05:37 PM
^^^ He hates typing and just keeps it short and to the point...lol

mynameismike65
10-13-2008, 05:56 PM
I dont think anyone on this site condones putting other people in danger or street racing at HWY......most of us are very responsible and go down to HWY to talk and look at cars and not to race. I think everyone on here can agree that putting people in danger isnt cool and its messed up when someone gets into an accident.....we just dont agree with how you came off belittling us in your first post for going down there and clumping all of us in the "stupid young street racing group"

GRAMPS SS
10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
some of us must be in the middle age to old street racing group.........way to go bob....

Irish
10-13-2008, 07:42 PM
^^^ He hates typing and just keeps it short and to the point...lol

Yep.

dr doom
10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
^ Going on a car site bitching about "speeding" is like going on a poker site and bitching about gambling.

You're barking up the wrong tree Chester.

Couldnt have said it any better.

Exitspeed
10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
I dont think anyone on this site condones putting other people in danger or street racing at HWY......most of us are very responsible and go down to HWY to talk and look at cars and not to race. I think everyone on here can agree that putting people in danger isnt cool and its messed up when someone gets into an accident.....we just dont agree with how you came off belittling us in your first post for going down there and clumping all of us in the "stupid young street racing group"

It wasn't my first post. My first post was back on 05-03-2007.

All I did was state my opinion. You guys got defensive. I said people racing on the hwy putting others at risk is stupid and those people are idiots. If you guys aren't those people then there's no reason to get defensive. I never said "you guys here on BCM". I never said, "you Mustang owners" or You Camaro guys". I said those people. Again, if someone has a guilty conscience and can't handle the truth, that's too bad.

I figured this place was a better place to speak you mind since I actually thought it would be an older crowd. Oh well.

Again, you guys don't know me. I don't know all of you. But those that do, know I'm a good guy. I didn't mean to come on here and start an problems. Like I said, I thought this place would be a little different since I know people that frequent the site and share my same view on the subject. Hell I don't know any car people that don't.

It's no biggie. i just stopped by to see if I could post my car for sale. I'll see myself out.

mynameismike65
10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
In the first post of the thread you said HWY is lame for anyone over 18 which is about 99% of us on here which comes off in a condescending way. I dont think anyone has dissagreed with the fact that illegal streetracing is dangerous and stupid, people got irritated when you said HWY is lame for those over 18. Nobody said you werent a nice guy;) Your original comment just came off in the wrong way.

Exitspeed
10-13-2008, 08:13 PM
In the first post of the thread you said HWY is lame for anyone over 18 which is about 99% of us on here which comes off in a condescending way. I dont think anyone has dissagreed with the fact that illegal streetracing is dangerous and stupid, people got irritated when you said HWY is lame for those over 18. Nobody said you werent a nice guy;) Your original comment just came off in the wrong way.

Fair enough.

Let me rephrase that.

Racing on the HWY is lame.

Live and learn.

mynameismike65
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
^^^thats better;)

Heat Seeker WS6
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Ok so who wants to DRIVE thier cars in a proper environment.... and for a good cause? :headbang

Turtle, Zdot & myself look forward to seeing you there.... as instructors.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/wisconsin/7411_18872.asp

The March of Dimes, in collaboration with the Sports Car Club of America – Milwaukee Region, will be hosting the Third annual Drive for Babies at the famous Road America Track in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin. Driving enthusiasts will again have the opportunity to drive their own car and participate in a high speed on-track event. All drivers will receive driving instruction and safety guidelines from some of the most experienced drivers in the country.
All participants can also enjoy an auto cross experience. An awards dinner will complete the day’s events and provide of opportunity for fellowship and sharing driving stories.

Drive for Babies is open to racing enthusiasts of all ages however, sign up early, space is limited to 125 drivers. Guests are welcome to cheer on their driver and enjoy the beautiful Road America scenery as well as the lunch and dinner.

STANMAN
10-13-2008, 08:47 PM
some of us must be in the middle age to old street racing group.........way to go bob....

Huh?

Guteman
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok so who wants to DRIVE thier cars in a proper environment.... and for a good cause? :headbang

I was thinking along the lines of CIR.. I haven't gone in bout 6 months! Saab is broke so no March of Dimes for me.

Firefighter Z
10-13-2008, 10:34 PM
I went up to BW3's to pick up some wings on Saturday. Took the Camaro up there for the first time in 3 years and yeah the HWY is lame.
But the wings were worth it though!

udlose98
10-14-2008, 01:06 AM

Turtle, Zdot & myself look forward to seeing you there

http://www.marchofdimes.com/wisconsin/7411_18872.asp

The March of Dimes, in collaboration with the Sports Car Club of America – Milwaukee Region, will be hosting the Third annual Drive for Babies at the famous Road America Track in Elkhart Lake Wisconsin. Driving enthusiasts will again have the opportunity to drive their own car and participate in a high speed on-track event. All drivers will receive driving instruction and safety guidelines from some of the most experienced drivers in the country.
All participants can also enjoy an auto cross experience. An awards dinner will complete the day’s events and provide of opportunity for fellowship and sharing driving stories.

Drive for Babies is open to racing enthusiasts of all ages however, sign up early, space is limited to 125 drivers. Guests are welcome to cheer on their driver and enjoy the beautiful Road America scenery as well as the lunch and dinner.

Been looking forward to this.

EDIT: Cancel that, event is sold out, that sucks!