PDA

View Full Version : What was the Buick dealership on College and Packard?

Red97GTP
10-09-2008, 11:48 AM
From years ago? It's on the tip of my tounge but I can't figure it out...

DirtyMax
10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
This must be a long time ago. :wooo

My uncle had a race car shop near that corner from 1987-on and I don't recall a Buick dealership anywhere near that corner...

Which corner???... Currently it's Gradys (NE), Mike's Automotive (SW), closed Sentry/gas station (NW), or KFC (SE)

CobraSnake
10-09-2008, 12:55 PM
must've been before my time because I don't even remember any dealership on college and packard?

Mark

Mr. Brett
10-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Do you mean Layton? There used to be a dealership on Layton in between Nicholson and Packard. Can't remember the name, though.

CobraSnake
10-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Do you mean Layton? There used to be a dealership on Layton in between Nicholson and Packard. Can't remember the name, though.

isn't that dealership still there?? The Airport one that rips everyone off?

Feature Pony
10-09-2008, 02:19 PM

That would be Venus ford back in the day, they also used to be where authentic auto is and accross the street on packard ave. Where KFC is now on college and packard there used to be a used car lot there, but it looked like a old house. I remember it was red and my dad taking me there so he could test drive a blue 68 shelby GT350 they had there in 1987 and they didn't want to deal on the $6,000 asking price!

There also was a Tucker dealership on college ave and 15th ave where the YMCA is back in the 40's

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
$6k for a 68 Gt350 driver. :headbang

We had a Tucker dealership in Racine too, still there as a Lincoln Merc dealer with the same family running it. I don't think any Tuckers were ever dealt at dealerships but I been wrong before. Basically here, The Garbo's gave Tucker money and got nothing in return.
Speaking of Milwaukee stealerships I saw this on a Detroit forum I browse, supposable sign of the times.
Hummer 2 Smart ?
http://www.bayshoretc.com/otherpages/Hummer2Smart.html

jrn101
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
axelson buick was where kfc is now

Feature Pony
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
axelson buick was where kfc is now

That had to be a very tiny dealership. I always thought it was a house turned into a car lot. Even in caladonia the old husher olds dealership is bigger than that house on the kfc lot.

jrn101
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
That had to be a very tiny dealership. I always thought it was a house turned into a car lot. Even in caladonia the old husher olds dealership is bigger than that house on the kfc lot.

maybe it use to be where taco bell and pizza hut are now.i know there use to be a big building almost like a service garage with big overhead doors.but anyway there was a buick dealership overthere somewhere

Firefighter Z
10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
There was a dealership on S.chicago in SM. Newer Condos sit on that lot. It was pretty much across the street from the old hostess house.

The KFC lot used to be a gas station, used car lot with the house and then KFC. The muffler place across the street KFC SM side used to be an old gas station.

Heres something for the old timersof SM. any one remember the old go kart track?
Or how about the old Airport? This company was the first commercial airplane company, prototype crashed and they went under.

HITMAN
10-09-2008, 10:38 PM
The Buick dealer that you are asking about was Art Fenzl Buick. My folks bought our '68 Electra 225 from there. :shades

Feature Pony
10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Heres something for the old timersof SM. any one remember the old go kart track?
Or how about the old Airport? This company was the first commercial airplane company, prototype crashed and they went under.

Nope I grew up in the 80's I can tell you where the first and second high school was, or the old bmx track behind the high school correy along with the toxic dumping grounds of B.E. and the condos on the lake. LOL I can't believe I remember this, dairy queen on n. chicago had the first drive by shooting in SM when I was in 7th grade. And every friday and saturday night everyone in their jacked up camaros and trans ams oh you can't forget the cutlass with the rake all hung out in the M&I bank parking lot. Anybody remember Tates? SM Chrysler on Milwaukee ave? I almost put a offer in on that place to make the upstairs parts department into a house, wife didn't like that idea.

Firefighter Z
10-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Nope I grew up in the 80's I can tell you where the first and second high school was, or the old bmx track behind the high school correy along with the toxic dumping grounds of B.E. and the condos on the lake. LOL I can't believe I remember this, dairy queen on n. chicago had the first drive by shooting in SM when I was in 7th grade. And every friday and saturday night everyone in their jacked up camaros and trans ams oh you can't forget the cutlass with the rake all hung out in the M&I bank parking lot. Anybody remember Tates? SM Chrysler on Milwaukee ave? I almost put a offer in on that place to make the upstairs parts department into a house, wife didn't like that idea.

Ya I pretty much knew where that stuff was also..
As for the go kart track, a parking lot sits on top of it which is owned by B.I .(B.E.)

The old airport, well theres only a hanger type building left and that sits along 9th ave just south of Marshall Ave.