PDA

View Full Version : Home Theater Setup Help Needed

Boostaddct
10-09-2008, 10:55 AM
I can't remember who it is on here, but I remember someone is a guru when it comes to home theater setup. I need some help "tuning" my system and making sure it is setup correctly and being utilized to it's potential.

Here's what I've got to setup;
Mitsu HC5500 Projector w/ 102" Screen
Onkyo TX-SR750 Receiver
PS3
AT&T Cable Box
Klipsch Reference Series Speakers

It's a fairly simple setup, but I want to make sure I have everything hooked up correctly and would like to link it to my CPU also so I can stream music and search the web. PM me if you can help. Thanks guys!

Silver03SRT
10-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I think you are thinking of Jon. (Heatseeker WS6)

STANMAN
10-09-2008, 05:16 PM
If he comes out and installs your system, he's getting punched in the throat next time I see him, as I have been hounding him for MONTHS to do mine, and he and I are buddys:rolf

Mark (cobrasnake) also knows this type of stuff.

PureSound15
10-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Just PM me with your questions or lay it out here - I can help you with 90% of it, Heatseeker will cover the rest.

Boostaddct
10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm basically just looking for someone to stop over and show me how-to setup the receiver correctly so everything sounds good. I will have everything hooked up and mounted.

PureSound15
10-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Oooh alright. Heatseeker is you're best bet then - I'm not in Milwaukee that often for the next couple weeks.

Pick up a nice universal remote - makes things so much easier :)

Boostaddct
10-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Oooh alright. Heatseeker is you're best bet then - I'm not in Milwaukee that often for the next couple weeks.

Pick up a nice universal remote - makes things so much easier :)

I was thinking of the Harmony One or the Harmony 1000 Touch-Screen one.

CobraSnake
10-10-2008, 10:54 AM
I'm basically just looking for someone to stop over and show me how-to setup the receiver correctly so everything sounds good. I will have everything hooked up and mounted.

sorry I didn't see this thread. I'd be willing to come by and take a look to see if you have it hooked up right. I will also tell you if you have all the right cables and such. So don't be mad at me when I tell you we have to go to the store and spend another 100bucks on more cables. Also keep in mind I need beer to fuel me while I look at it:goof. PM me if you want me to stop by.

Mark

EDIT: Where in Milwaukee do you live??

wrath
10-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I like my Harmony 870.

I have an old Onkyo HTS780. Mine works great other than it doesn't do HDMI, DVI, or VGA. Have you bought some 12 or 14 gauge wire and some banana plugs? You won't get very good sound out of it without nice cables.

Boostaddct
10-10-2008, 03:12 PM
I like my Harmony 870.

I have an old Onkyo HTS780. Mine works great other than it doesn't do HDMI, DVI, or VGA. Have you bought some 12 or 14 gauge wire and some banana plugs? You won't get very good sound out of it without nice cables.

Yea I've got 12 gauge Monster Cable speaker wire and am waiting for my 24k banana plugs to come in.

Boostaddct
10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
sorry I didn't see this thread. I'd be willing to come by and take a look to see if you have it hooked up right. I will also tell you if you have all the right cables and such. So don't be mad at me when I tell you we have to go to the store and spend another 100bucks on more cables. Also keep in mind I need beer to fuel me while I look at it:goof. PM me if you want me to stop by.

Mark

EDIT: Where in Milwaukee do you live??

Thanks Mark! I live near 90th and Beloit. I'll PM you once everything is hooked up completely correctly which should be next week sometime.

CobraSnake
10-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks Mark! I live near 90th and Beloit. I'll PM you once everything is hooked up completely correctly which should be next week sometime.

alright i'm on 48th and cleveland so I'm pretty much right down the block from you. Just shoot me a PM when your ready and I'll pop over.

Mark

lordairgtar
10-10-2008, 06:24 PM
Yea I've got 12 gauge Monster Cable speaker wire and am waiting for my 24k banana plugs to come in.
You plug in a banana?

PureSound15
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I have the touchscreen Harmony and love it - For as many times as I've switches out the different pieces of my system, it's so simple.