PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Miller Park to install new sound system and HD screen

indyzmike
10-08-2008, 09:00 PM
I thought that the Brewers organization needed tax help to fund it's Miller Park stadium. If they can afford to make, as I see it, unneeded improvements, why should we be forced to keep paying taxes to support the park? This sucks.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=10/8/2008&id=47242

PB86MCSS
10-08-2008, 09:02 PM
I guess I'm one that certainly doesn't mind paying the extra tax that helped build the stadium and keep the team here. :headbang :banana

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Actualy your tax's will be going up more on top:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=766576
See you fell for buying a stadium for a bunch of useless
jocks they figure you'll pay for anything :rolf

Think about it, your a multi million dollar buisness
owner and the city buy's you a new building. What
else would you do with all that extra cash?

Im sure the Brewers are going to pay you back for
the last several years of tax's.....not! Hey I got an
idea, send the spoiled millionair players to Gary IN
where they can have a looser team and we'll use
the stadium for daycare for unemployed people who
say they cant work....

"Oh but we need a baseball team"
NO WE DONT, WE NEED STREET REPAIRS AND SOME
COPS WITH SILENCERS TO RID THE TRASH!

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 10:43 PM
My bad, thats one of my older tax links:
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=680111
See if our kids were baseball players we would just
give them piles of tax-cash, but since kids are useless
we'll just say screw em, go to work you little rat's.

What a cool world! Tax everyone for a stadium and talk
about privatizing public schools...brilliant that works!

Maybe we could farm out kids to labor camps, then the
money they make could pay for the new sod at the
stadium. Then we dont need to raise the tax's, kids
out of school and the billionairs have new grass!

GRAMPS SS
10-08-2008, 10:47 PM
maybe they can make the stadium like the schools....choice...they pay for everything....

PB86MCSS
10-08-2008, 10:49 PM
The battle is over, the stadium was voted a go I heard, last I checked ground was broken and its being built too....time to let it go...

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Time to let it go??? Read on:
It has been estimated that a sound system upgrade would cost at least $1.5 million. The cost to replace the scoreboard could run between $8 million and $10 million. Taxpayers would pay for a portion of those projects under a provision of the lease that calls for the district "to keep the stadium complex on a par with the replacement components and upgraded facilities in use in at least 75% of all Major League Baseball stadiums." The Brewers would pay for the rest.

On Tuesday, the district board approved a 2008 administration budget totaling $1.38 million. The new budget is a decrease of $120,000 from 2007.

Why would I care??? I've had 4 kids in Milwaukee public
schools, my wife volunteers just to help at school while
we throw millions at rich ball players. Want to meet some
school teachers? I work on there cars pro bono at my
house.

Sprayaway Fox
10-08-2008, 10:55 PM
The only way a team should get a new stadium is when they actually win the big one. Show me results on paper and then build a stadium.

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 10:59 PM
maybe they can make the stadium like the schools....choice...they pay for everything....

Outstanding idea, we sold a brewer a $210,00 pickup
at work (Internationa STX 4x4) and thats less than we
need to fix our complete roof at school :)

That_Guy
10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
i was never a fan of the new stadium it looks like a horrible retro fit. its about as useless as a 3 dollar bill considering you have Milwaukee games during the packers season.

please dont get me started on this i wont stop

GRAMPS SS
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
i was never a fan of the new stadium it looks like a horrible retro fit. its about as useless as a 3 dollar bill considering you have haveMilwaukee games during the packers season.

please dont get me started on this i wont stop

you studder when you type...you should see a doctor about that...

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
"But look at all the people who come here to watch the
games"

Well lets face it Milwaukee aint no hot spot to visit and
the anual budget does not reflect the 87 extra patrol
men/women on OT to keep the drunks from drifting
on the 41/94 onramp. The added cost not associated
with the stadium itself would be difficult to put a price
on, whatever it is it makes chasing a ball with a stick
seam unimpotant.

Highest paid job in Milwaukee?? Bet ball players are
in the top 5. Buy your own grass field or get a second
job pretty boy, we work for a living!

That_Guy
10-08-2008, 11:15 PM
you studder when you type...you should see a doctor about that...

no kidding.. i just noticed that myself.. :puppyeyes it time for bed lol

Russ Jerome
10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Miller park final overall cost: 400+ Million $$$
Oh wait we killed some people: 100+ Million $$
Oh wait the roof leak.....millions$$$$
Oh no the sewage was undercut...Millions$$$

Oh wait the grass wore out...and the scoreboard
still works but..oh hell we just want shiny stuff
and Milw taxpayers are LOADED with cash...:flipoff2:

Give me a break its baseball for gods sake, its played
on a field. Try building a school or freeways its a little
more difficult than 4 white bags stuck in the ground.

indyzmike
10-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I could see tax dollars going for this if the stuff we need was paid for first. They can't even afford to replace burned out lightbulbs along the freeways. A new scoreboard is a priority? Only in America.:flipoff2:

Sprayaway Fox
10-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Highest paid job in Milwaukee?? Bet ball players are
in the top 5. Buy your own grass field or get a second
job pretty boy, we work for a living![/QUOTE]

Im done too. Its crazy what all these people ask for. I havent even been down to the new one yet. I personally thought the old one wasnt that bad for a team that can barely get to the FINALLY got to the playoffs. Yeah Im done.

GRAMPS SS
10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
well maybe...just maybe Russ...if they put in the plans for a new school a baseball field...maybe they would build one

i know GTOWN has tried to get a new elementary school...guess what...didn't go through as well...

Syclone0044
10-08-2008, 11:32 PM
I'm also very pissed off about being taxed to pay for this ******* stadium. How about my portion of the taxes go to Great Lakes Dragaway, something I actually give a rip about??

Or better yet, how about forcing everyone else to fund my fun at GLD whether they care about drag racing or not? Then you'll know how I feel about the stadium tax.

GRAMPS SS
10-08-2008, 11:33 PM
yea............that will happen...^^^^^^^^^^

lordairgtar
10-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Want to meet some
school teachers? I work on there cars pro bono at my
house.
Why would you do that? They make more than I do and I pay for my own car repairs. That would be like the government bailing out rich executives...oh...wait...they done that!

GRAMPS SS
10-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Why would you do that? They make more than I do and I pay for my own car repairs. That would be like the government bailing out rich executives...oh...wait...they done that!

1) Russ is a nice guy...

2) most mil school teachers are under paid....at my sons old school they were getting paid 25k a year to teach...that's so wrong in sooooo many ways....but you might say why do it then...because they want to teach thta's why....no all teachers make the bucks that the burbs do....some are piss poor broke like the rest of us...

T-Bag
10-09-2008, 06:38 AM
******* crybabies.

The Brewers needed a new stadium as county stadium was falling apart. Why the fuck would Milwaukee's tax money being used on a DRAG TRACK that's not even in Milwaukee? That's ridiculous.

Sorry to break it to you, but baseball (even in the Brewers slump days) is easily 10x more popular than drag racing ever could imagine to be in its wildest dreams. The Brewers had record attendance this year and guess what? The bugs have been worked out and Miller Park is a great place to be. Most of this shit we didn't even pay for, considering Mitsubishi payed a settlement to fix the roof.

The place brings in revenue for the city, more so than any other place around.

Get over it, move if you don't like supporting your community, at least we still have a baseball team which has been doing progressively better over the years. If you don't want a baseball team, well I guess you don't want ANYTHING in Milwaukee...seeing as how the Bucks will be on the verge of the chopping block very soon...and the NBA is terrible.

jbiscuit
10-09-2008, 07:35 AM
I wish our tax money could go towards things that matter...like CC's salary lol

Karps TA
10-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Of all the things I get upset about my taxes paying for, the stadium would be probably number 487,642 on the list. I'm happy it got built. I'm happy to see the Brewers here. I'm happy to see it helped make them competitive. I can't say the tax has ever affected my life in even the least.

Rocket Power
10-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I like miller park, county stadium was a delapitated dump. If teachers don't want to make 25K/year then move or get a different job no one forced them to be a teacher or to do it in Milwaukee

Neal Steffek
10-09-2008, 02:47 PM
You guys have no idea how muh money comes in from out of state becasue of the new stadium. Eery Cubs, Twins, and St Louis games is mostly people from outside Wisconsin. They never came when it was county stadium. This in turn makes tons of jobs. Not just at the stadium but all around the city.

Russ Jerome
10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
OK dismiss all my points, valid or not and do this:

Everybody who wants to see grown men play ball
pay a few hundred $ a game, then when they need
there next stadium you can use "your" money to
build it and the tax money will go to road repairs
and schools.

How about we build a kick butt Museum, bring people
in 365 days a year...because we cant even afford to
keep our present museum open!!!!

How about a 400 Million dollar amusement park, 24hr
a day 365 a year. Cost less than the stadium and will
bring in more money than a loosing team YEAR ROUND!

We "need" the Brewers more than public buss safety,
more than schools, more than police funding....ya right.

Karps TA
10-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Well I don't have any kids, but the majority of my property taxes go to schools. And what do I get for that? Umm kids at the local McD's that can't even get my order right?

And I'm willing to bet I shell out a ton more in my property taxes then I do with the sales tax. And the best part about it is if I take care of my property and improve it I get rewarded with paying even more for other kids to go to school then the people with 4 kids who let their stuff go to hell.

Life's unfair. Get used to it. There's plenty of thing taxes go to that I have no interest in, that get spent with "my" money.

T-Bag
10-09-2008, 06:13 PM
A few hundred a game? Are you ******* joking me? I spent less than $150 this year in the 8 games i went to, counting free tickets.

Russ Jerome
10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
A few hundred a game? Are you ******* joking me? I spent less than $150 this year in the 8 games i went to, counting free tickets.

Well then your welcome from me! I'm in Milw so
I helped pay for your cheap tickets :) As long as
some of the people I know are enjoying the stadium
I guess I cant whine too much..you owe me a beer.

ps: you didnt get it, people who "use" the park "should"
pay 100$'s a game towards there next stadium in 2018.

Russ Jerome
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Life's unfair. Get used to it.

Actualy thats exactly the mentality that allows Government
to vote for trillion dollar bailouts and our local economic
misuse of tax's. As long as they hear us say "your never
gonna change it" and "thats just life" there greedy little
minds buy most anything they want.

Someone says "hey I hear gas will be x.xx dollars per
gallon next month".....next month low and behold it jumps
right up to where we prepared ourself for, amazing.

Im just getting old and sinical I guess, been reading
way too much lately just makes me more pissed. I
need another 4 beers, be right back :)

T-Bag
10-09-2008, 07:59 PM
You worry too much dude, the stadium is getting EXCELLENT use now. Look how many games were sold out this season.

More tickets sold = more people = more beer ($7.00 a beer) + food sold = TONS of revenue and jobs.

Also look at the fact that we've had 3 MLB games here that did not involve the Brewers because it is such a nice stadium with an optional roof!

You should be damn proud to say that "I help pay for that" anytime you drive past the place...well at least nowdays. Its one of the few attractive things in Milwaukee.

lordairgtar
10-09-2008, 11:57 PM
1) Russ is a nice guy...

2) most mil school teachers are under paid....at my sons old school they were getting paid 25k a year to teach...that's so wrong in sooooo many ways....but you might say why do it then...because they want to teach thta's why....no all teachers make the bucks that the burbs do....some are piss poor broke like the rest of us...
That's cool that he does that to help some of the dedicated teachers out, but they still make more than me and I still have to pay my own health insurance which this month has risen to $525 per month. Teachers get that bennie paid full according to this site:
http://mpsportal.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_1640_0_0_18/faq_compensation_salary.html
As far as the ball players go, yeah, they should contribute to the stadium we built. The tax was supposed to be temporary, but didn't they extend it? I have no problem with baseball or any other sport, but we are being taken for a ride here.

88Nightmare
10-10-2008, 12:53 AM
I hate driving past miller park. I94 between the zoo and the marquette is a ****** parking lot during rush hours. I really have no ambition to go to a baseball game. I find baseball boring to watch, and without free tickets, you won't find me going. If I don't wanna sit in bleachers, how much am I going to spend for some decent seats? 20 bucks a seat? Say me and 3 friends go. Theres $80 spent JUST in seats.

Seats: $80
Parking? I'll guess $5
4 sodas: $20
4 brats: $20
some peanuts: $8 for 2 bags probably
im fat, so lets toss on some dippin dots: $7.50

Add that all up, im at $140.5. And this isn't counting gas to power my vehicle to get to the stadium, and then wait an hour inline in the parking lot to get to the freeway. I can think of a shitload of better things to spend almost $150 on. I haven't been to miller park for a few years. I'm with the others, I'd go for some better roads and maybe cops runnin around with .50 caliber arm cannons icing up all the thugs dealin their coke and whatnot

T-Bag
10-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Bleachers are more expensive than upper level because of the fact most hommeruns are hit there.

I understand baseball isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it can get pretty boring...but miller park was packed this year and a lot of people like baseball.

Also, brewers tickets are a loy cheaper than other markets. It would cost you over 100 to get a shitty seat in boston or new york.

PB86MCSS
10-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Want to meet some
school teachers?

I know many teachers personally, some even for MPS. Guess what, they chose that profession and also have some of the best or better benefits of anyone in the private sector. They also have every holiday off and the entire summer off(!). That has to be considered when talking about their salaries. I'm not saying they have an easy job, especially MPS. But I think its been proven throwing more money at schools in Milwaukee doesn't equate to any better results, its not solving anything.

If you go to the game you don't have to buy food or drinks....its a choice. You can easily get terrace reserve seats for $13 or $15, heck buy early enough and get Bernies Terrace for $5. Its pretty cheap entertainment...the whole argument you HAVE to buy all that junk for you or a family by some gets old, IMO.

If the stadium wasn't built the Brewers would of likely gone elsewhere....which even if you are anti Stadium and probably then also anti-Sports/Brewers, is a bad thing for the City and State. It did keep some jobs here too lets not forget, there is more to a team than just the players. I'd rather the team pay for the stadium too but it wasn't a realistic option.

Not just Milwaukee pays the tax, it affects a 5 county area. I rarely hear anyone bitch about the tax, especially since the stadium was built. This argument is pretty 2000/2001-ish.

CobraSnake
10-10-2008, 11:06 AM
I hate driving past miller park. I94 between the zoo and the marquette is a ****** parking lot during rush hours. I really have no ambition to go to a baseball game. I find baseball boring to watch, and without free tickets, you won't find me going. If I don't wanna sit in bleachers, how much am I going to spend for some decent seats? 20 bucks a seat? Say me and 3 friends go. Theres $80 spent JUST in seats.

Parking? I'll guess $5

Add that all up, im at $140.5. And this isn't counting gas to power my vehicle to get to the stadium, and then wait an hour inline in the parking lot to get to the freeway. I can think of a shitload of better things to spend almost $150 on. I haven't been to miller park for a few years. I'm with the others, I'd go for some better roads and maybe cops runnin around with .50 caliber arm cannons icing up all the thugs dealin their coke and whatnot
I heard from a source that Milwaukee cops are replacing all the shotguns in their cars to M4's

88Nightmare
10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
how long is an average baseball game? 3-4 hours? sometimes more? How are you gonna shit for an entire 4 hours and not even have a soda? You're bound to get thirsty. Then you are gonna see food vendors walkin around and other people shovin brats into their mouths, and then you too will want to shove a brat into your mouth

PB86MCSS
10-10-2008, 01:10 PM
I go to probably 10 or so games a year, on average...I'm biased in this argument I will admit being a big sports/baseball fan, but people who don't like sports are sometimes biased the other way too. I've only purchased food maybe 1-2 games and its never a beer or soda, its too pricey.....nachos are usually all I will get. Its a choice to buy food there, you can bring your own in too, at least I've brought in a subway sub once and no one said a word. I sit at work for 8 or so hours and drink one thing of juice, water or a soda so 3 hours at a game is ok with me to not drink.

T-Bag
10-10-2008, 03:44 PM
I was just going to say you can bring your own food and drink in. As long as your drink is in a sealed bottle and not alcohol...I usually bring a couple 20 oz's in for myself and some peanuts. Drink in the parking lot.

theavenger333
10-10-2008, 04:56 PM
so do you REALLY believe that our tax is paying for that scoreboard? what is all around the scoreboard now... all those advertising tools? firms like Metavante, Toyota, MB, etc pay for those things, they offer funding/donations, for something WE notice, and we see THEY paid for. if Toyota paid for the new outfield grass, would there be an enormous Toyota logo in the grass? no. so they wouldn't pay for it, because we wouldn't know. they offer their sponsorship, on items they want to pay for. i guarantee those replacements are paid for 95% by sponsors. especially considering the fact the brewers added a ton of new sponsors this season and off season.

lordairgtar
10-10-2008, 06:08 PM
how long is an average baseball game? 3-4 hours? sometimes more? How are you gonna shit for an entire 4 hours and not even have a soda? You're bound to get thirsty. Then you are gonna see food vendors walkin around and other people shovin brats into their mouths, and then you too will want to shove a brat into your mouth
Are you that controlled by what occurs around you?

Korndogg
10-10-2008, 06:16 PM
20 bucks a seat? Say me and 3 friends go. Theres $80 spent JUST in seats.

Parking? I'll guess $5

Add that all up, im at $140.5.

You would pay for your friends seats, soda, and food? wow...wanna go to a game sometime?

Russ Jerome
10-10-2008, 10:28 PM
the stadium is getting EXCELLENT use now. Look how many games were sold out this season.

More tickets sold = more people = more beer ($7.00 a beer) + food sold = TONS of revenue and jobs.

You should be damn proud to say that "I help pay for that" anytime you drive past the place...well at least nowdays.

So the stadium should be self supportive right? No more
extra tax's for non-users? They make HUGE money without
a doubt, so much so they dont need private money.
Everyone keeps bringing up valid points, they all point
towards a well run private buisness making plenty of
money (look at the salaries) and realy shouldnt need
private sector money for new grass and sign's. The
signs will undoubtably be plasterd with more revenue
income in comercials.

Russ Jerome
10-10-2008, 10:36 PM
so do you REALLY believe that our tax is paying for that scoreboard? . i guarantee those replacements are paid for 95% by sponsors. especially considering the fact the brewers added a ton of new sponsors this season and off season.

Quote from the story, that this thread is about:

It has been estimated that a sound system upgrade would cost at least $1.5 million. The cost to replace the scoreboard could run between $8 million and $10 million. Taxpayers would pay for a portion of those projects under a provision of the lease that calls for the district "to keep the stadium complex on a par with the replacement components and upgraded facilities in use in at least 75% of all Major League Baseball stadiums." The Brewers would pay for the rest.

On Tuesday, the district board approved a 2008 administration budget totaling $1.38 million. The new budget is a decrease of $120,000 from 2007.

Taxpayers are paying...so is Toyota, Miller, Johnsonville
and a list of others, thats the whole point to the thread.

T-Bag
10-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh noes, that .001 sales tax that you pay for the stadium is REALLY hurting you. Seriously, it would take 1000 purchases to even pay for $10 of the stadium. Are you really missing that money THAT much?

Whine whine whine whine. The fee you pay is minimal for the great structure that was put up.

Period.

Russ Jerome
10-11-2008, 11:44 AM
Oh noes, that .001 sales tax that you pay for the stadium is REALLY hurting you. Seriously, it would take 1000 purchases to even pay for $10 of the stadium. Are you really missing that money THAT much?

Whine whine whine whine. The fee you pay is minimal for the great structure that was put up.

Period.
$10,000,000 a year

In in excess of 10 million dollars a year for taxpayers, this is
on top of the police hrs and upkeep funded anualy (see the
article that has been posted several time in this thread) by
the tax budget (not related to the .01%).

The whole point is lost with every reply from everyone, there
is no return to "taxpayers" for there investment per year. If
Billybobs bar next to the stadium make a billion dollars the end
result to the taxpayers is little to nothing compared to the tax's
collected and city's budget to maintain a stadium. If we had a
big sheet of paper I could draw a picture but Im afraid people
who watch baseball just dont understand buisness economics
when there looking at a cool stadium.

88Nightmare
10-11-2008, 05:37 PM
You would pay for your friends seats, soda, and food? wow...wanna go to a game sometime?

no, im just sayin... as a collective amount. fuck it. I dont even like goin to summerfest and thats only $15 bucks to get in :rolf

why go to a stadium with a bunch of drunk bastards when I can stay at home and watch it for free? for the price that they sell 1 brat for, I can go buy a 5 pack of johnsonvilles and throw em on the grill

PB86MCSS
10-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm pretty sure I myself understand economics and business. There is an opportunity cost (sort of) here to consider. If it wasn't for taxpayer money, the team would likely be gone. The team staying here means more than the taxes it cost toward the stadium, IMO, and obviously more feel the same way than against it. There are alot of other programs that are a waste of money if you really want to get into it. Its a matter of opinion on what to spend it on. Agree to disagree.

4eyedstang
10-11-2008, 10:27 PM
******* crybabies.

The Brewers needed a new stadium as county stadium was falling apart. Why the fuck would Milwaukee's tax money being used on a DRAG TRACK that's not even in Milwaukee? That's ridiculous.

Get over it, move if you don't like supporting your community, at least we still have a baseball team which has been doing progressively better over the years. If you don't want a baseball team, well I guess you don't want ANYTHING in Milwaukee...seeing as how the Bucks will be on the verge of the chopping block very soon...and the NBA is terrible.

small correction. i live in Racine and i pay stadium tax (not Milwaukee)
and i could care less about baseball. just another example of pork barrel spending

Russ Jerome
10-11-2008, 11:10 PM
If it wasn't for taxpayer money, the team would likely be gone.

Im glad we agree to disagree! There used to be a city
called Cincinati, it went away when the Bengals team
retired. New York city pretty much shut down when the
Jets and Giants left....see where I'm going?

If your city's infastructure has a sound base and a well
run government you dont need to fund it. Hell Gary IN
could have the Cowboy's, I ain goin to Gary! Miami could
be without the Dolphins, sign me up I wanna go! Im not a
huge fan of Milw but hey with 400M we could build some
cool ass stuff to bring revenue in, worlds biggest titty bar,
nicest museum, some big aquarium or something that
"everyone" can apreciate. Sports is big money, they will
do great without a kickstart, they own all the coke and
housboats this side of the Mississipi!

88Nightmare
10-12-2008, 11:44 AM
baseball is gay

T-Bag
10-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure I myself understand economics and business. There is an opportunity cost (sort of) here to consider. If it wasn't for taxpayer money, the team would likely be gone. The team staying here means more than the taxes it cost toward the stadium, IMO, and obviously more feel the same way than against it. There are alot of other programs that are a waste of money if you really want to get into it. Its a matter of opinion on what to spend it on. Agree to disagree.

What this man said.

Lose a MLB team, lose the biggest professional team in Milwaukee. Obviously people here aren't too big into sports. You pay close to nothing for the stadium, NEXT TO NOTHING.

I'm done arguing, obviously nobody is going to see each others side of this.

I can list a whole bunch of sports and "sports" that are gayer than baseball

Basketball,Golf,Soccer,Tennis,Wrestling,Circle track tracing, etc.

Russ Jerome
10-12-2008, 06:21 PM
What this man said.

Lose a MLB team, lose the biggest professional team in Milwaukee. Obviously people here aren't too big into sports. You pay close to nothing for the stadium, NEXT TO NOTHING.

I'm done arguing, obviously nobody is going to see each others side of this.

I can list a whole bunch of sports and "sports" that are gayer than baseball

Basketball,Golf,Soccer,Tennis,Wrestling,Circle track tracing, etc.

Alright we'll call it quits for now, over beers at the game
next time :) Seriously if they left tomorow Milwaukee would
be the same city a year later I promise (best Obama retarded voice).

Warhawk2
10-12-2008, 07:05 PM

Parking? I'll guess $5

Then spend it on something else. No one is making you go to the game!

Silver03SRT
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Atleast our taxes are going to something everyone can enjoying going to the ball park is a fun time for a lot of families. I am more pissed that these hoodlums get free wic checks and food stamps have 40K dollar cars with spinners and better clothes than I can afford and I work 40 or more hours a week. Not to mention these people dont have jobs so I am supporting them to breed kids.

T-Bag
10-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Atleast our taxes are going to something everyone can enjoying going to the ball park is a fun time for a lot of families. I am more pissed that these hoodlums get free wic checks and food stamps have 40K dollar cars with spinners and better clothes than I can afford and I work 40 or more hours a week. Not to mention these people dont have jobs so I am supporting them to breed kids.

Best post so far

Agreed

theavenger333
10-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Alright we'll call it quits for now, over beers at the game
next time :) Seriously if they left tomorow Milwaukee would
be the same city a year later I promise (best Obama retarded voice).

do your research. when cleveland lost the browns to Baltimore, what happened? if the brewers left, we'd be in trouble

Russ Jerome
10-12-2008, 10:24 PM
do your research. when cleveland lost the browns to Baltimore, what happened? if the brewers left, we'd be in trouble

Are you kidding me! You need to do some research
my freind, Cleveland and one other word go hand
in hand, its the moniker of radio stations and the
regional joke...ready? CLEVELAND SUCKS!!!!!

Do you know what there logo is in cleveland?
One guess, Google it:
CLEVELAND BROWNS SUCK!

I've had to travel there numerous times..name fits
its an industrial area thats best known for the 1969
fire...ya the one where the river burn from polution!

$10,000,000 a year after the $400,000,000 buy in,
nobody has come close to covering the topic in these
3 pages on how it will pay back.......Cleveland..HA!

theavenger333
10-13-2008, 12:04 AM
i state a fact, you come back with "cleveland sucks" nice effort.

who says we are going to get "paid back" for our money? we are paid back with having a professional sports team, which is entertainment. period. if you don't like baseball, sorry. in case you didn't remember, we VOTED on that tax. aparantly you lost. for those of us that voted yes, we have been quite entertained in that building. this year was VERY entertaining. thats the "payback"

Russ Jerome
10-13-2008, 02:22 PM
i state a fact, you come back with "cleveland sucks" nice effort.

You stated a fact?? Must have been on another thread.

?????????? Did you read the post????????
"Cleveland" gave themself that title!!! Google it!

Do you remeber your own post? You would lead people
to believe Cleveland Browns left.....
http://www.nfl.com/teams/clevelandbrowns/profile?team=CLE
This is like arguing with a 4th grader, you failed!

I have posted every financial fact in the debate, nobody has
returned a single fact other than "oh we got a major league
loosing team here in a great stadium".

I give up your right, we need a team to subsidise and with the
MLB doing so poorly it should be them. Lets build them there own
condo's next store to hang out in when there doing blow or looking
on e-bay at there next purchases...we dont need no museums or
aquariums to draw people in year round.

Silver03SRT
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM

Then why dont you move to a state where they dont have any professional team. It sounds to me like you dont want to support anything that wont benifit you. How much revenue do the Brewers bring in year in and year out? Im not only talking about at the game miller park but some people come from out of state which means they need a hotel room, go out to dinner, buy gas, maybe a souvenir or two. More of your tax money goes to people that dont have jobs and you are supporting them and their 5 kids but you care about a stadium that you have to pay for that you have the option of utilizing.

T-Bag
10-13-2008, 06:03 PM

Sorry dude the the MLB is not doing poorly, it has been making a huge comeback the last few years.

Other than that I said i'm punching out! Its so hard not to argue :rolf

Russ Jerome
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Then why dont you move to a state where they dont have any professional team. .

How come everytime I make a statement that you cant argue
with you all bring up other city's or moving to other city's?

Dont fix your house just move.
Dont discus politics or our next president, move to another country.
Dont question your city's finacial decisions, just live with it.

Even though I could waste hours cutting up nearly every reply posted
here, and never expect a logical reply I will quite debating the subject.
One person on here actual said "we" voted for the stadium...was he
on the panel because from what I remeber most people on the sreet
had picket signs agains the common council vote?

Me arguing with you about economics is like my wife and I arguing
over hydraulic circuts and line pressure as it relates to an automatic
being driven in manual low vs automatic.....you'll never get it.

Russ Jerome
10-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry dude the the MLB is not doing poorly, it has been making a huge comeback the last few years.

Exactly my point!!! You are correct sir, they have millions!!!
Im punching out too, just saw your post on after I hit enter :)

Silver03SRT
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
How come everytime I make a statement that you cant argue
with you all bring up other city's or moving to other city's?

Dont fix your house just move.
Dont discus politics or our next president, move to another country.
Dont question your city's finacial decisions, just live with it.

Even though I could waste hours cutting up nearly every reply posted
here, and never expect a logical reply I will quite debating the subject.
One person on here actual said "we" voted for the stadium...was he
on the panel because from what I remeber most people on the sreet
had picket signs agains the common council vote?

Me arguing with you about economics is like my wife and I arguing
over hydraulic circuts and line pressure as it relates to an automatic
being driven in manual low vs automatic.....you'll never get it.

So whats your answer to all the revenue that is brought in from the stadium. What about how I said your taxes go more towards low life bums than the stadium tell me about that. You should be crying about that more than the stadium

PB86MCSS
10-13-2008, 07:00 PM
There have been many many logical replies to your posts...you simply disagree, this doesn't mean they aren't logical.

Basically it boils down to: You don't like the stadium. Many (more?) people do than don't. You don't like baseball. Many (more?) people do than don't.

There are many more important issues than a stadium which was built 7 years ago with taxpayer money, JMHO. Taxes fund a few other venues and programs too, many of which people disagree with and agree with. The only folks I've heard that are against the stadium are people who don't like sports, thats my observation in the last 8-9 years of the 3-4 people who really are against it that I've met. Just my personal experience. Like it was stated, it was voted for...and for a reason. This isn't an issue of people "not knowing" economics, I assure you I and from the looks of it, many others do too.

Go Miller Park :D .

theavenger333
10-13-2008, 08:49 PM
exactly ^^ your "fact" you're arguing with is your opinion on a fact, not the fact itself. you cannot in any way, shape or form tell anyone here that the brewers do not BRING IN MONEY. bars that show games, stores that sell merchandise, bars people go to before, after, grocery stores for people tailgating. the list will keep going.

WilliamZ
10-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Bring on the new screen!