PDA

View Full Version : Need Pont GP stuff

BLUTO
12-30-2003, 10:39 PM
I just picked up a 94 Grand Prix SE 3.1.
I need: stock rear exh. Ypipe&mufflers
rear struts
16" tires or rims/tires
possible rear spindle/hub(very noisy back there,will know more when exh is quieter)
Stock radio w/cd
I see alot of GP/GTP guys here that might have some old parts collecting dust, or know where to find them. Thanks

SMS 1
12-31-2003, 01:13 AM
I know this sounds like I think you are dumb, but, what does the tread/tire wear look like on the rear tires? I have a '94 GTP and had the same thought. Sounded just like a R/R wheel bearing. Tires didn't look worn to the eye (on the rim) but once off they were horrible. New tires made it quiet as could be. Simple fix, check your tires . . . :rolleyes:

BLUTO
12-31-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
I know this sounds like I think you are dumb, but, what does the tread/tire wear look like on the rear tires? I have a '94 GTP and had the same thought. Sounded just like a R/R wheel bearing. Tires didn't look worn to the eye (on the rim) but once off they were horrible. New tires made it quiet as could be. Simple fix, check your tires . . . :rolleyes:

Check what I wrote in brackets; Ive got so much noise back there with 2 rotted mufflers,dead struts,worn tires, that Im not gonna say for sure that its a bad wheel bearing.

Ill probably put on struts today and hope someone thats done a cat back might still have the stock exh. they want to get rid of.

Anyone know what yrs parts will work on a 94? Mainly exh and wheels.

SMS 1
12-31-2003, 02:00 PM
As far as I know most of the parts from 92-96 are pretty exchangeable. Check out www.wicgp.com those guys will know for sure.

Poncho
01-17-2004, 09:36 PM
I have a GM Performance Parts STB

2 50 series flowmasters

Two P245/50ZR16 Kumho Ecsta Supra 712's

layin around yet from when I sold my '94 GP