PDA

View Full Version : Overall Thoughts on this season

awsomeears
10-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Well we can bitch and moan all we want but I think this season was a blast, ups and down and a whole lot of Bitching :rolf

Honest to GOD I'm more EXCITED about next year then this year :thumbsup

I hope the Fans are still on hand for Record attendance because that helps out the organization money wise $$$ :thumbsup

I hope Tony Gwin plays more :thumbsup

Smokey1226
10-07-2008, 11:57 PM
here's how i will sum up this season.....

Ya gotta Pay to play! If you want to go to the playoffs you gotta spend big money. But its TOOOOOOTALLY Worth it! C C is still my hero as a pitcher, ive watched him for a few years and just hope he doesnt go to New York

Warhawk2
10-08-2008, 08:53 AM
here's how i will sum up this season.....

Ya gotta Pay to play! If you want to go to the playoffs you gotta spend big money. But its TOOOOOOTALLY Worth it! C C is still my hero as a pitcher, ive watched him for a few years and just hope he doesnt go to New York

*cough*TAMPABAYRAYS*cough

Warhawk2
10-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm really excited for next year too. You can only imagine how different this year would have been if we wouldn't have lost Gallardo. It will be an interesting off season with a lot of players rumored to be changing places. I'm interested to see who we'll keep, let go and pick up. I hate no Brewers baseball almost every night though...

Smokey1226
10-08-2008, 11:28 AM

You're forgetting about the other side of the pillow........Without CC, we dont win 70 games and the stands dont even have 5 sold out games all year.

Which in turn is terrible for business, Sponsors start rethinking why they are investing MILLIONS of dollars and its a downhill effect.

Now with CC, it was practically a Sold out game everytime time he pitched. Everygame (other than the playoffs) he played as perfect as a pitcher could ask to pitch. Which keeps the fans in the stands happy, which makes them buy more food/beer/soda/water.

ECT ECT ECT

As for the baseball part, no doubt there are some teams that can do a whole lot with nothing. Rays being one of them, but that doesnt happen all the time.

jbiscuit
10-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Corey Hart for best clutch hitter in the playoffs.

Suppan for best "here hit this one out of the ballpark" pitches

Weeks gets the MVP for sure.

Anakonda69
10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
good season...hope cc stays but thats a longshot. every team has there ups and downs. it doesn't really matter what we would have done without cc cuz we had him, end of story. we have alot to do this off season though if we wanna compete next year.

Car Guy
10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
If CC can stay healthy he is worth the investment to the Brewer's, even if it's 20 million for 5 years.....:headbang

70challenger452
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm proud of what the brewers did this year. Were taking steps in the right direction, might be baby steps but steps in the right direction. It's gunna be hard as the smallest market team in the MLB to be contenders for a long time, but as long as we can keep guys like Prince and Braun around for a long time, and continue to build thru the draft, I think we have a chance. But it's gunna take some big bucks in free agency to really set us over the top and possibly be an actual world series contenders. I was so glad to finally be able to watch the brewers in the offseason, even though I knew we were gunna get beat, all I wanted was one post season victory and we got it. Starting pitching is be the one weak point next year if we don't do something. CC might be a little much but if guys like Gagne can just be gone, that clears up 10 mil, along with what ever sheets was making, thats clearing up some room to spend. Go brewers!!

Nix
10-08-2008, 12:50 PM

No doubt man, I agree 100%. That team is crazy good, they just have great chemistry I think.

As for the Brewers, I think they will try to keep cc and offer him what he deserves.

I think it was a great season and they will be back playing harder next year for sure.

GO BREWERS!! :headbang

Warhawk2
10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
No doubt man, I agree 100%. That team is crazy good, they just have great chemistry I think.

As for the Brewers, I think they will try to keep cc and offer him what he deserves.

I think it was a great season and they will be back playing harder next year for sure.

GO BREWERS!! :headbang

Sucks now though because when you wear a Rays hat everyone thinks your a fairweather fan!

Lash
10-08-2008, 04:59 PM
You're forgetting about the other side of the pillow........Without CC, we dont win 70 games and the stands dont even have 5 sold out games all year.

1. They were selling out games even before CC got traded.

2. They would have easily won 70 games this year without him. He only started 14 games for the Brewers, 2 of which were loses, and another 4 NC decisions. :durr

Silver350
10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I agree with Lash. I believe I read or was told that Brewers sold out of 30 games before CC became a Brewer.

I thought this season was a good start to what the brewers can be. The team did what i hope they would.... Make it to the playoffs.

However for next year a lot could happen the majority of the team are only under 1 year contracts. People you will see next year for sure Braun Supan and Hall everyone else is pretty much up in the air

PB86MCSS
10-08-2008, 09:09 PM
The Brewers would of been over .500 without CC...maybe not by alot but they would of. And the sellouts....well, that is covered above.

You don't need big money to do well, it sure helps but isn't the cure. Look at how some big dollar teams have done this year and in the past, they don't always make it or do well in the post-season (Yankees the last 7 years). The Twins, A's have had alot of success with the baseball economy the way it is, the Marlins have done well too. Marlins won it all in 2003 with one of the smaller payrolls in baseball, IIRC. The Brewers had a smaller payroll but its not tiny.

This year was alot of fun, they made the Playoffs and won 90 games...thats what most people hoped for and expected with their talent. Once you get to the Playoffs anything can happen, its whos healthy and is hot or cold at the time. It stinks they played so poorly in September but the final week of the year was great along with the Playoff win. Something to build on for next year....they'll lose CC and probably Sheets but they should be contenders again.

Smokey1226
10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
1. They were selling out games even before CC got traded.

2. They would have easily won 70 games this year without him. He only started 14 games for the Brewers, 2 of which were loses, and another 4 NC decisions. :durr

1) I would LOVEEEE to see that proved. 50 sold out games total isnt going to give the team the money they need.

2) They won 90 games. So you take out 2 of those losses, and the 4 NC's ill count because you seen the depth of our bullpen they were terrible. Have someone else start and they were losses. So 12 games. That makes 78 wins.

So give or take i still think without CC the club would of just given up. We all seen them rally around the Trade.

No where did i state you have to spend Huge money to win a game, I did say however to compete with a large amount of these teams you need money to require the right people.

Cubs took care of all season long, We could never compete with teams like the Dodgers, Red Soxs, Yankees, ect ect Those are big Dollar teams, that if we didnt spend the money on guys like CC we'd never have a chance.

:durr

Silver350
10-10-2008, 07:42 AM
The Brewers would of been over .500 without CC...maybe not by alot but they would of. And the sellouts....well, that is covered above..

They were over .500 before CC came to Milwaukee and they ended over .500 last year

PB86MCSS
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
2) They won 90 games. So you take out 2 of those losses, and the 4 NC's ill count because you seen the depth of our bullpen they were terrible. Have someone else start and they were losses. So 12 games. That makes 78 wins.

They wouldn't of lost every game he pitched if someone else pitched. Probably would of been .500 in his starts with a replacement pitcher.

LIZMO
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
i'm excited for the next year.. but not cuz of sports lol

flyin_blue_egg
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM
^^^you got the motor right???

when do we start?

Nix
10-10-2008, 12:35 PM
So give or take i still think without CC the club would of just given up. We all seen them rally around the Trade.

give up? are you serious? no team just gives up. they play spoiler, and they play for pride. they didn't give up last year either.