PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Parents

DocDave
10-07-2008, 07:15 AM
With kid #2 on the way I am looking for a new daycare solution because the current one will not take another child.

My wife went an checked out a bunch yesterday, and found one to our liking. We are not typically interested in big 'chain' daycare operations, but this one seemed nice. Anyone heard good or bad about the Kinder Care in Oak Creek off of Howell Ave?

Your comments are appreciated.

07ROUSHSTG3
10-07-2008, 07:22 AM
can i ask what the average price of daycare down by you guys is?

justatoy
10-07-2008, 07:30 AM
I have heard from other parents that place is nice and they are very happy with the "service"

DocDave
10-07-2008, 08:04 AM
can i ask what the average price of daycare down by you guys is?

For 2-4yrs old $180 - $220 a week. $240 - $260 for infants.

DirtyMax
10-07-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't know what your geographical requirements are but if Raymond/Caledonia is a possibility check out http://www.discoverystage.com/default.htm if you have time.

It's my mom's center.

Car Guy
10-07-2008, 09:21 AM

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3/KarGuy/comment-friday-damn.jpg

CobraSnake
10-07-2008, 09:33 AM
My wifes mother owns a daycare out in Wind Lake. Might be a little bit of a drive but if your interested its called Little VIP Daycare.

Mark

DocDave
10-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I work out in Muskego, so I will keep the alternatives in mind.

Irish
10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Too bad you are so far, I highly recomend Grandma's House in Wauwatosa.

Feature Pony
10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Dave there is a lady in Waukesha that watched Cameron she was charging $2 an hour granted it was about 3 years ago so her prices might of raised but I can get you her number, she opens at 6am and closes at 6pm.

DocDave
10-08-2008, 12:25 PM
Dave there is a lady in Waukesha that watched Cameron she was charging $2 an hour granted it was about 3 years ago so her prices might of raised but I can get you her number, she opens at 6am and closes at 6pm.

Thanks I will keep it in mind if our other options don't work out. Waukesha would be a bit out of the way. I still live in Milwaukee, just work out in Muskego.

HAMRHEAD
10-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Kinder care is okay but as we have used them in the past but weren't impressed. We have an 8yr old and a 2yr old. Kinder care was $190 a week for the 2 yr old for just the core program and he would need to be picked up at 3pm. The full program was $237 a week. And then it was $80 a week for our 8 yr old for before school care only.

Childrens Learning center is $193 a week for the full program for the 2yr old and that includes meals just like Kinder. He doesn't have to be picked up by 3pm and there are degreed teachers there that work with the kids. Not just baby sit them.

Don't get me wrong, Kinder care is good but we have dealt with all of them since 2002 and I think they are all to damn expensive but we like childrens learning center the best and for the better price. Not sure where they are all located but the one we use is in Brookfield. 262-783-5437 is the number if your interested. Child care is a huge expense so hope everything works out for ya.

DRK
10-08-2008, 12:44 PM
I quit my full time gig and now I watch my 2 kids and do side work. My wife has a good job with excellent bennies and I figured if anyone was gonna beat my kids it was gonna be me. On good months when I figure in child care I'm actually making more staying home with the kids.

HAMRHEAD
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I quit my full time gig and now I watch my 2 kids and do side work. My wife has a good job with excellent bennies and I figured if anyone was gonna beat my kids it was gonna be me. On good months when I figure in child care I'm actually making more staying home with the kids.

:rolf It's funny but true! I did that before and everyone looked at me weird when I said I actually make money staying home for the kids. You need to have a hell of a job to make it worth while.

SSScottSS
10-09-2008, 01:14 AM
:rolf It's funny but true! I did that before and everyone looked at me weird when I said I actually make money staying home for the kids. You need to have a hell of a job to make it worth while.

Not trying to knock those using child care... but there's alot to be said for parents raising their own children.

ND4SPD
10-11-2008, 07:42 AM
You can often find in home daycare for half of what you're paying at kindercare and your kid is going to get more attention than at a facility. We too are in the market for a new babysitter because our babysitter also just decided that she doesn't want to take on another kid... thanks for not telling us this 6 months ago when we told you we were having another child.:rolleyes:

Lash
10-11-2008, 10:25 AM

That is such horsesh!t. Thank God my mother-in-law watches our son.

It seems as though childcare and health care are making it almost impossible to raise a family.