PDA

View Full Version : comparing 2 suv's...

hrsp
10-06-2008, 03:46 AM
so im looking at getting an 04-05 trailbalzer 0r an 04-05 jeep grand cherokee...

i like how both of them look and they both drove real nice...

was looking for some opinions of both vehicles and the ups and downs for both...

jeep was an 04 jgc limited and the trailblazer was an ltz....

thanks for input!

loud91rs
10-06-2008, 05:35 AM
I can chime in for the jeep. The 04 i'm assuming would be the 4.7L V8 which i've seen nothing but good out of. For 4wd the quadra drive is better than the quadra trac I or II. From my experiences they are all around good vehicles. I've never really driven a trailblazer, but I know I love my jeep.

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-06-2008, 06:17 AM
I love straight sixes but the Trailblazers Cavalier like ground clearance, the front differential mounted to the oil pan and a electric shifd transfer case make it too unusable in the snow for my liking.
Great truck for folks who like to stay home when it really really snows. :rolf

Legendary known bulletproof drivetrain in a Jeep.
Solid front axle, load and load Xfer case, no 4x4 MODULE :rolleyes::thumbsup
I dont know a whole lot about the 4.7 but I do know I have seen a buttload of them with 150k+ miles running good still.

flyin_blue_egg
10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
get the SRT-8

JC70SS
10-06-2008, 08:30 AM
Go Jeep. Much nicer interior and handling is not even comparable.

A B4C Z
10-06-2008, 08:56 AM
jeeps ride like crap in my opinion. id get trailblazer

johnny--2k
10-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Jeep, but of course I am biased!

BTW, You have PM!

Crawlin
10-06-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd take a Jeep over a Trailblazer.

BUT....

I did like my 5.3L Buick Rainier. Same thing as a Trailblazer/Envoy, but more upscale and it was the only SHORT wheelbase version of that chassis that allowed the 5.3L in it. All the others had to be those extended Trailblazer or Envoy EXT's.

Mr. Brett
10-06-2008, 09:37 AM
I've got an '04 Trailblazer and it's got its strengths and weaknesses. I like the ride and it has decent power. Interior is pretty alright in my opinion, though mine has navigation and a sunroof, so that helps offset the cheap plastic. It's pulled more than its fair share of car trailers, etc, so it's pretty functional. With the rear seat down, there's tons of room for shoving shit in the back. I've never had any problems in snow, either.

The handling leaves a lot to be desired, but it's not like I race it or anything. It's fine for daily driving. Changing the oil on it is a bitch, but that's an infrequent annoyance. Gas mileage is pretty shitty too, but I doubt the Jeep is much better. I get ~15 all city and 20 on the freeway. Mine is a short wheelbase TB too, not the longer one with third row seating. Not sure which you were looking at.

Overall, I've been very pleased with mine. You can get them super cheap right now, too. For the money, I think the TB is the better buy.

Anakonda69
10-06-2008, 10:32 AM
i love my '05 tb....lots of room to haul shit...i have an lt so it has everything but leather and nav.....gets decent mileage.....once i get it tuned know it will be better.....handles great in the snow and have had some fun in the snow with mine.....will take it out more this winter.....and the auto 4wd works great for my wife since she isn't the best at knowing when to put it in 4wd so the truck does it for her.....get the tb

Nick
10-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Don't get either. Get a Subaru. :)

88Nightmare
10-06-2008, 11:06 AM
what happened to wanting an excursion? :rolf

CobraSnake
10-06-2008, 02:32 PM
jeeps ride like crap in my opinion. id get trailblazer

you mean the Jeep rides like a jeep.

Oh and to the OP If you don't like the way the jeep rides then I'd suggest never getting a jeep

Irish
10-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I have a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and I love it! With the 4.7 in it I get 17-19 in town and 22-23 on the hwy. I think the ride is decent for what it is and it has pretty comfortable interior too.

If I may suggest... the 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland. They can be had for a decent price, it has the H.O. 4.7 which has better cams and compression than mine, two tone leather and suede interior, the only cherokee to come with a woodgrain steering wheel (which goes for 300-600 on ebay), Navi on some models, and 17" chrome wheels. If I were to buy another 99-04 WJ, I would jump on the overland with both feet. Think of it as the Cadillac of Jeeps.

Slow Joe
10-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Grand Cherokee, hands down. I've driven both (had both as demos back when I still worked in the sales end of the car business) and the Jeep IMO was more comfortable, drove a hair more stiff, but it's not a car either.

Car Guy
10-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Jeep hands down :headbang , but that's only because a Ford Explorer wan't an option.....:devil

Windsors 03 Cobra
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
what happened to wanting an excursion? :rolf

These choices make that look good, DANA 60 FTMFW. :shades

wrath
10-06-2008, 06:15 PM
How long are you planning on keeping it and what do you plan on doing with it?

Both are going to cost some serious coin as they age.

GRAMPS SS
10-06-2008, 06:42 PM
we were looking at the JEEP grand cherokee...they rode nice for a 4x4 had some nice extras as well......but we chose the Mountaineer....