PDA

View Full Version : CUBS get the BROOMS...!!!

Car Guy
10-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Now I'm not trying to rub it in as I know we have a few Cubs fans on here but I am SHOCKED at how the series played out. I actually wanted them to win because I have many close friends that are hardcore Cubs fans and I thought it would be incredible if they could play the Brewers for the NL championship.....

I'm sick to my stomach of hearing about this so called 'curse' but damn, what the hell is the deal...??? :wooo

Beagle
10-05-2008, 02:49 AM
Here comes all the "They're Cursed" talk just like the Red Sox a few years back. Must really suck to be a Cubbies fan right now. Go Brewers go!!!!!!

flyin_blue_egg
10-05-2008, 09:35 AM
i don't believe in any cureses....they got beat by a far better team, that's all.....it's sports someone always has to win and someone always has to lose.....this time the cubs lost

atleast unlike last year one of our power hitters (lee) actually did something

Goat Roper
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
"Being a Cubs fan is the ultimate bridge to nowhere." - Joe Biden

PB86MCSS
10-08-2008, 09:04 PM
The Cubs are a far better team than the Dodgers....the Playoffs are a crapshoot and the Cubs were cold, Dodgers got hot.

I also just wanted to post to show my avatar....and yes the Brewers got beat but they at least made it to this past Sunday ;) .

Waver
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
The Cubs are a far better team than the Dodgers....the Playoffs are a crapshoot and the Cubs were cold, Dodgers got hot.

I also just wanted to post to show my avatar....and yes the Brewers got beat but they at least made it to this past Sunday ;) .

um no they are not.....especially since most sports writers said that they would be in the nlcs and possibly in the series

flyin_blue_egg
10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
baseball isn't about whos the better team, it's about who's the hotter team at the time

Waver
10-08-2008, 09:34 PM
well I can agree to that

PB86MCSS
10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
The Dodgers simply are not a better team than the Cubs..period. They were better this past weekend, but play 10 games or 20, I'd bet my pants the Cubs win more than the Dodgers, this is coming from someone who loved to see them lose. I still respect them as the best team in the NL, the Dodgers were merely a slightly above average team in a horrible division...easily the worst team in the Playoffs. Playoffs don't prove who really is better...another example to go with the 03' Marlins is the 06' Cardinals, barely above .500 but beat better teams in the Mets and Tigers to win it all. Alot of sportswriters are pinheads who wanted something to write about and are in love with the Manny-to-LA deal.