PDA

View Full Version : Wir rsd

Bee
10-04-2008, 11:52 PM
So, the guys and I decided to visit WIR for the very first time ever. Overall, an ok experience. These are just from my perspective so don't get all bent up...hehe!!! :)

Overall rating between 1-10 I'd have to say a 6.
WIR vs. GLDW I'd have to side with GLDW..why? coming from an import POV GLDW is more fond of the sport compact cars. imports competing/testing there were few or maybe just that day. but by talking to other import guys they also mention that wir does lack import participation. hope that wir gets the import scene bigger and more recognized only since we are here to stay. the track itself is NICE though, but like other tracks 40degree doesn't help with traction. i'd like to try this track in 75-80degree day prepped like a motha however. i bet it'll grip nice. all the guys that raced in our group love the track itself. just that the atmosphere seemed lacking of sport compact enthusiasm. will definitely give WIR another try in 09'

btw: 3 of the cars(customer's/friend's cars, not the shop car/s) we brought set their personal best times there for 08' before the weather turned to a chilly 40degrees :wow:wow:wow

1 closer to 9s, 1 closer to 10s, and 1 dipped into the 11s :wow:wow and yes as we speak they are probably getting their groceries at Pick N Save with these cars. Fully daily driven cars.......NOT just dedicated weekend warriors :)