PDA

View Full Version : My car has been reborn.

wiredgtp
12-29-2003, 11:20 AM
Sorry to the SOM guys, mine looks nicer :rockwoot: :banana

Gallery #1 bad large pics (http://www.wicgp.com/chris/done/) :Hump

Gallery #2 Better smaller pics (http://www.wicgp.com/chris/done2/) :Hump

Total bill was way more than I thought, however it is in my opinion worth it.

Color: 2 of them! Cinnamon Candy over Brickyard Red
PPG Paint -- Radiance II Series

ASCD "HO" Hood, ASCD "SD" Spoiler, Shaved door moldings, Shaved Trunk Lock
Door jams were painted, however the engine bay was not (I have plans to make that black when it gets warmer)

I have plans to go on a hunt for an SOM maro or ta today to see if I can take a pic side by side. Also a better picture next to a 2004 orange grand prix, and an 03/04 Hummer2 orange if I can find one. The orginal Hummer dealer up here, isnt a quarter of the one they have in milwaukee.

For those that may have forgotten....

This was my car 2 months ago (http://www.wicgp.com/chris/) :fire

GTSLOW
12-29-2003, 02:06 PM
Looks like you have some enemies? When did this happend and did you find out who did it? :chair:

Ricky Bobby
12-29-2003, 03:28 PM
looks good did most of insurance cover it or no, it still looks nice

jbiscuit
12-29-2003, 03:39 PM
nice color selection, I really like it....I think those taillights have to go though but thats just me...sorry it cost a ton more than expected but it sure looks nice though!:rockwoot:

Silver350
12-29-2003, 03:52 PM
I like the paint and the hood. They look pretty slick. I also like how the molding on the doors are gone. it looks a hell of a lot smoother. I agree with Jason I dont think the tail lights look right. I would think they would look better blacked out.

Who did the paint?

Yooformula
12-29-2003, 03:57 PM
That looks farking awesome!! That color rocks! Good luck with it, the shaved look is tits!:cool:

BadAzzGTA89
12-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Looks good:thumbsup Nice color!!!

BAD LS1
12-29-2003, 04:17 PM
Body= +10

Taillights= -100

Silver350
12-29-2003, 04:35 PM
Another cool thing is on the back of your car you should of painted the Lettering of Pontiac to match the car that would look cool as well but still looks sweet :rockwoot:

Al
12-29-2003, 05:18 PM
Looking good.

BTW- The tail lights go with the wheels and grill.

jbiscuit
12-29-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by BlueBullet
BTW- The tail lights go with the wheels and grill.

Ummmmm....what?

I think the wheels and the front grill look nice....how do you match the taillights to the wheels and grill?

SMS 1
12-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Looks biotchin Chris. Bet you are happy to have your baby back again. B-E-A-utiful color :thumbsup

DocDave
12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
Looks sweeeeeeeet! Too bad you had to deal with them a-holes that did the damage to get the new paint job thought.

BAD LS1
12-29-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah that Sunset orange is my personal favorite!!!

If i had my Camaro to do over it would be in that color.

My next Cavalier will be in that color now that they use it on the 04' Cavaliers and Sunfires

Burgandy85SS
12-29-2003, 11:07 PM
Looks Great, is that the SLP Rear spoiler you got on there?

wiredgtp
12-29-2003, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the mostly good comments. :thumbsup

just for reference, the stock grills on the car are black abs (plastic) and only go in the top portion. The grills in the hood are silver and match my aftermarket grills almost perfect. (in other words, I won't be changing those)

The paint of the lower rear and lower front fascias almost match the color of my wheels, so I wont be getting anything chrome and I happen to like dual spoke wheels, so if there will be any changes, it will be from 17s to 18s.

As for the tail lights, they went perfect with my car when it was red. Many people don't like them, but when the car was red, they kept my car apart from everyone elses. I like the way the look when they light up so as time goes on and I get a better look at them, without it snowing, I may tint them. For the outrageous price stock tails cost, I doubt I'll buy a set to change, being that mine were obviously ruined.

Silver350 - West Side Garage in Berlin did the paint. With the exception of the cost (which was mostly my fault) and the extreme long time it took (which was all their fault) they did an EXCELLENT job.

Cost wise... insurance paid their ~$6900 + my $250 deductible + ~$1300 worth of parts I gave them + $3500 out of my pocket. I knew it was going to cost extra for the door jams to get done, but damn, don't ever do tri-color paint jobs!! :stare

As for the enemies, I have no idea who did it to this day. I was given 2 names from 2 of the many car clubs I am a member of, both of which were just heresay, so not much for the cops to go on. I have a feeling it was a case of mistaken identity, of which the car it was meant for, probably deserved it.

wiredgtp
12-29-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Burgandy85SS
Looks Great, is that the SLP Rear spoiler you got on there?

Nope. The one on my car is made by ASCD, its much larger.

drrodder
12-30-2003, 12:19 AM
Very SWEET color!!