PDA

View Full Version : ring tones

Silver86
10-04-2008, 02:54 PM
no... this isnt spam...

i have to sounds on my pc here... both from metal gear solid that i want to put on my phone and use as tones... i think i may need someone to send it to me or something to that effect, because i cant put them on my miniSD card and have it work.

anyone good with cell phones?

MoCkiN U
10-04-2008, 03:49 PM
You can do it a couple of ways.

First you can text it to yourself. Simply find out what your email to text address is. For example verizon's is your 10 number @vtext.com (9999999999@vtext.com) Send the file as an attachment in email with that address being the to: field. Once you receive it you can set as a sound.

If that doesnt work you'll have to go to 3rd party sites like www.myxertones.com and upload it there and have that site send to your phone. I have heard the site mytinyphone.com does it too

Silver86
10-04-2008, 04:08 PM
its a US cellular carrier. do they have a email to text? ill look into it...

edit: bingo! that 3rd party site worked... but i cant set the sound as a ringtone... it needs to be a .mid type file, its a .qcp file at the moment... hmmm...

MoCkiN U
10-04-2008, 05:36 PM
on your pc open the file and try to save it again to you own pc and when you do change the file extension from filename.jpg, filename.mp3 to something like

filename.mid and then upload that file and see if it works on your phone. Also try to save to phone and not to memory card. See if that helps