PDA

View Full Version : Question about header bolts?

GTSLOW
12-29-2003, 12:19 AM
Ok I'm tired of getting exhaust leaks because I can't torque down 1 or 2 bolts from the dang tube being in the way. I was lookin thru a magazine and saw these studs that go in to the head and you put a little C clip on the head. Does any1 know the manufacture of these or a website. I remeber the slogan was somthing about no more loose manifold bolts or sumthing.

BAD LS1
12-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Stage 8 fasteners are the locking bolts you are looking for.

SSmike1
12-29-2003, 12:18 PM
Hey Nan,

why don't you put RTV on the header gasket?:goof

like you did on the Y-pipe to Header.:nutkick

wow, did that sucker go up in smoke when we started her up!

you'll learn someday!:durr

SSmike1
12-29-2003, 12:21 PM
the way to stop your gaskets from leaking,

is to get the bolts tight!

it takes some work & effort tho.:yawn:

GTSLOW
12-29-2003, 02:01 PM
Well if I remeber correct you helped me tighten half them. :goof

I just ordered a set of the Stage 8 bolts from summit for 79-00 GM 6 cylinders except brodix heads. I'm also going to order a set of the Mr. Gasket Copper Manifold gaskets. Ah that should definately solve the problem.

Prince Valiant
12-29-2003, 02:26 PM
yeah, those stage 8's are good, I use them. It helps as it has an allen wrench fitting for some of the more tight locations.

The copper, reusable gaskets with some ORANGE (high temp) RTV and tightened well should do the trick. Personally I don't use the locking c clips more than I use blue lock tite....the clips were useless imo.

TransAm12sec
12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
My dad uses stage 8 locking header bolts on the ZZ4. I swaped them and the one important thing I can say is do not drop any of the c-clips. They don't come with any extra.