PDA

View Full Version : Two more Scrap Montes

Burgandy85SS
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
I went out to another yard on Saturday that I have not been to in a long time and found 2 Montes there.
The first is an 81(I think) CL was Brown w/Brown interior originally, now Teal/Brown, and the other was an 87 LS Grey/grey interior with a very nice composite front end minus passenger park lamp. Both cars seemed to have a few decent parts on them.
The place is called Als and its on 124th between Hampton Ave and Silverspring in Buttler.

PB86MCSS
12-28-2003, 11:58 PM
I was gonna hit up Al's in Butler this week...do you remember what was left on the inside of that LS? Dash in ok shape? That CL type interior with different door panels/seats or no? Buckets? I might just go up there tommorow :).

The yard next to Al's in Franklin called Fishers, or just down the road has a good handful of Montes and other g-bodies. Spent a couple hours wandering around in it Friday. One LS I got the grille off of, and a bunch of SC's including one with a perfect blue dash, and another with a brown bucket seat interior. Also a t-top 78-80 and the remenents of a turbo 80'.

PB86MCSS
12-29-2003, 03:59 PM
I checked her out....both are non A/C cars which is kinda odd....the LS had a couple specific non A/C trim peices such as blocked off dash plates but too damaged for me to take :(. The SC has a relatively clean body if someone needs sheetmetal like floorpans, etc.

Burgandy85SS
12-29-2003, 07:02 PM
Did you end up getting anything off any of them 2 at Als?

PB86MCSS
12-29-2003, 11:12 PM
I took just a couple small peices of non A/C heater box parts that are on the cowl. Nothing much really :(.

Burgandy85SS
12-29-2003, 11:25 PM
It seems you get to alot of diffrent yards around here so I will ask you Have you seen any 90-92 Olds Toronados/Trofeos (black car in my sig) at any yards? I know that this isnt something you would be looking for but maybe if you have or if you do please let me know. I know Schills has a Blue 90 Trofeo but there were not many parts I wanted on that one but took a few.
I am looking for a few new yards to explore in the upcomming weeks since the weather is "warmer" and there is not a whole lot else to do. If I find any good things I will keep ya informed.

PB86MCSS
12-30-2003, 07:07 AM
Same here. I have 2 more weeks off of school after this one and since the weather is *ok* I am trying to check out as many yards as I can. I guess not having my Montes around gets me kind of bored if I have spare time ;). I have only been to the northside Al's once before, and the one off Mill Rd a couple years ago as well, both had 1 MCSS each at the time.

I don't remember seeing any Trofeos off hand but I will keep my eyes peeled...I do seem to notice the more unique GM's.

If you see any 78-80 Regals or Grand Prix/LeMans/Grand Am's check the radiator supports for a stamped *A* or if any appear to be aluminum(no rust should be a good indicator, some don't have the stamped A)....I'm looking for an aluminum support or if I can find more then I'll grab more. Also a gray Monte dash or three I'd take if in super shape as most yards only want like $50 for them or so.

There were some people on montecarloss.com that were interested in getting the non A/C factory stuff, I could go back to Al's and grab but not sure if its worth it.

You might want to hit up Fishers thats almost next to Al's...there might be a Trofeo in there, I don't remember...but he has alot of cars scattered all over.

Burgandy85SS
12-30-2003, 07:32 PM
I will keep my eyes open for the Aluminun suport, and thanks for watching for Trofeo parts.
Is Fischers open on Saturday?

PB86MCSS
12-31-2003, 05:27 AM
I'm not sure...I would call. He lives on the property it looks like but I have never been there on a Saturday.

Went back to Al's today for the trunk shock studded areas and they just got in another Grand Prix with buckets. Couldn't get inside since it was in the front and so damn close to the other cars but I saw it has a power drivers seat and the identical trim to the GN's and what I put in my LS for a power seat conversion...gonna have to come back in a few days and snag it, maybe Saturday.

SSeXtreme
01-13-2004, 05:50 PM
There are 2 trofeos in in wittenberg sitting out side of a dealership. One looked to be flood damaged and the other had some body damage. I dont know what the story is or if there still there, but let me know and i can try to get you the name of the shop.

As far as monte parts go, i have a mostly complete 83 cl for parts. the body is junk but the interior(brown) is almost perfect. I also have a running driving 86 ss for sale, but it has a good amount of rust, $1000. Let me know if anyone is interested in anything.

Burgandy85SS
01-13-2004, 11:42 PM
Welcome its nice to see more G body guys especially SS guys here if you do come across the name of the shop where the Trofeos are let me know, and I have to ask where is Wittenberg?

PB86MCSS
01-20-2004, 01:52 AM
I saw a Trofeo at Al's in Franklin this weekend...looks like it was there for a little while at least....pretty wrecked but I thought it was black, not blue...maybe its the same one you saw though. Its off the main track on the right side, on top...not sure if that helps at all with the location ;)...

Burgandy85SS
01-20-2004, 11:31 PM
Was it on the south end of the yard against the fence, if so that is the one I had seen.
I had also seen on MCSS.com that you were selling parts for a 86 ElCamino SS is this car at any yards around here? A friend of mine has a 79 and is looking for a few trim pieces.

PB86MCSS
01-21-2004, 01:08 AM
It was on the southern end but not against the fence...it was somewhat in the middle on the southern part...HTH.

I won an auction on ebay for some dash trim from a blue interior 86' El Camino SS, I just got it for the long dash peice and gauge bezel A/C block off...the car was a no A/C car. Its hard to find 86+ dash trim without A/C it seems...peices are in really nice shape, so I cloned the long dash peice to match the SS, just gotta get the Chevrolet part in red yet, and no one hopefully can tell the difference. Taking out all my A/C parts in the SS and swapping in non A/C parts I acquired and cleaned up.

So in a nutshell, the radio trim and gauge bezel(swapped in a A/C vent for the gauge bezel) are for sale.

Memphis
02-04-2004, 08:22 PM
I am looking for the pieces to convert my 85 Monte A/C car to a non a/c car. Mostly the under hood pieces to get rid of the evaporator case. Anyone know where to look?
Also, I have an 87 Monte SS I'm parting out if anyone is looking for anything. Its got a rebuilt trans (not sure which trans yet) and a posi rear, most likely a 3:73. Lots of misc. odds and ends, complete nose, etc.

PB86MCSS
02-04-2004, 08:31 PM
What color interior is the parts SS?

For the non A/C stuff I would check Al's in Butler...chances are they still have both those non A/C Montes. Those are the only ones I know of in the area.

Memphis
02-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Interior is Maroon, but is kinda sparce. Whatcha need?

PB86MCSS
02-04-2004, 10:59 PM
Ahh....I'm always looking for spare gray parts, seems everyone parting one out has a burgandy interior ;). Does it have the motor? I am looking for a 87-88 remote coil, at least for the housing.

Memphis
02-05-2004, 12:02 AM
Car was "less motor" when I got it. I wish my car had a grey interior!

SSScottSS
02-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Memphis, I need a steering gear box with the pitman arm attatched. Let me know if you can part with it for a decent price, and where are you from?

Memphis
02-06-2004, 09:55 PM
I'm in Oak Creek. I can part with it, but I wouldn't be able to get at it until spring when it thaws a little! That to long or would that be ok?

SSScottSS
02-06-2004, 10:00 PM
Thats not too long. I'm not in a big hurry. I'm in the process of an engine swap right now, and the car isn't driven in the winters anyway.

What kind of price are ya thinkin.. if you don't want to post on the board, feel free to email me. I'm just down in Racine, so not far off at all.