PDA

View Full Version : Whats up for this comming up summer?

lotsals1
12-27-2003, 09:59 PM
Are we still going to BK? We should set up track days -some picnics ect. Bw3 show was nice last year -Is that going on this year? -summers to short i just want to make the most of it this year "since i was stuck down at the body shop last year"
Lets get this rollin ahead of time

Silver350
12-28-2003, 01:41 PM
With summer coming up you can expect a lot of things to do with Brew City Muscle.

As of right now we are searching for a new location for the monday night car shows. We have a place in mind and someone working on getting approval for the show. When we know more we will post something about it.

We are more then likely having our annual show again next year.

For other things to do I will be putting together verious car crusies. I will also Talk with the guys with Midwest Autosports and try to organize a summer cruise to Wisconsin Dells. We did this last year with the guys from import perfections and had a great time go-karting, Having dinner at Pedros and also going to some of the bars.

I will also probally be setting up with MWAS on getting a group picnic.

If anyone has some Ideas for events please let me know.

lotsals1
12-28-2003, 03:59 PM
As for a location it would be great to set up something at that seasons rest. off greenfeild --the guy is hurtin for biz and he has a huge lot "the old mels" and he is close to the x way and is close to hwy100--so i think alot of peeps would show there

BAD LS1
12-29-2003, 02:13 PM
Well we shouldnt steer too far away from muskego you know....

Because we need to be close to John's house for resurfacing his driveway and bangin Jugz® in the back of, in , on top of, on the hood, under neath it, and maybe right on top of the good ole Vortec 5700!!!! in Scott's truck.

JohnnyT
12-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Well we shouldnt steer too far away from muskego you know....

Because we need to be close to John's house for resurfacing his driveway and bangin Jugz® in the back of, in , on top of, on the hood, under neath it, and maybe right on top of the good ole Vortec 5700!!!! in Scott's truck.

:rolf

jbiscuit
12-29-2003, 03:54 PM
count me and a group of MWAS guys in for cruises and Monday night meets....I had a lot of fun last summer with all that.

Look for an MWAS Dells Cruise (since all of us that pretty much made that happen last year for iP are now with Midwest Autosports)...planning will be in the works soon and should take place in late July if I had to guess....BCM will be invited for sure to this event and we hope to get a good chunk of you guys up there this year for the cruise.....John and Scott went last year and it was a HOOT of a good time, especially karting...and Pedro's....

Here are a few other suggestions for the spring-summer-fall:

1) Organize a couple BBQ/cookouts at Wirth Park in Brookfield...huge lot, never full, pavilions, etc....MWAS would be glad to help with this

2) Organize a few "Custard Cruises...." My cousin is in a car club in Arkansas and they do this and it goes over well....meet at a spot and cruise to another spot and hang out, ending up at say Oscars...

3) the track day is a good idea...gets people involved too

4) what about a Real Street Drags night at GLD to spectate?

The big one is the Monday night thing....I look forward to it and location is key. What about Mack's Frozen Custard in Waukesha? The owner is an avid car enthusiast and he owns an STi and an NSX....just a thought. If you want to open it up to more cars, I am sure I can get more guys to show...it just depends on what type of car you want to have there....is BK out for sure?

Silver350
12-29-2003, 04:52 PM
LOL Funny Tom,

Jay I am not sure what is going on with BK right now. We just talked about moving the show a little closer and to some place that appriciate our buisness, and maybe get a resturant that serves better food that we can get discounts at.

jbiscuit
12-29-2003, 05:22 PM
call up Mack's frozen custard then and see what he says.....he is a nice guy from what I have heard (older guy thats almost 60) and he has a decent spot that might attract attention to get people in there to eat and scope the cars....

I think that particular BK in Muskego has the worst food on the planet....usually my burger is cold and the lettuce on the Whopper is brown....gross. There has to be a better spot for the Monday night shows.....

BAD LS1
12-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by yellow wagon
call up Mack's frozen custard then and see what he says.....he is a nice guy from what I have heard (older guy thats almost 60) and he has a decent spot that might attract attention to get people in there to eat and scope the cars....

I think that particular BK in Muskego has the worst food on the planet....usually my burger is cold and the lettuce on the Whopper is brown....gross. There has to be a better spot for the Monday night shows.....

yeah i agree!!

You left out that we need more hairpie to show up too for our viewing pleasure and for my comical comments and reactions !!!

lotsals1
12-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Yah somewhere closer to hwy100 would be nice --we used to go rip up downtown once in a while too -but theres way to many cops now a days -Dunno but that BK in muskego RUBBED

Knyghtmare
12-29-2003, 10:08 PM
I'd like to get us some shirts and decals... I am working on a few designs right now. When any are ready I will post for opinions. It would be nice to have them before summer. :)

Knyghtmare
12-29-2003, 10:12 PM
What I like about BK is that its connected tot hat Pick-n-Save Parking lot we never have to worry about parking. Tho is is so far away, expecially for me. Takes me 45 minutes to get there.

Syclone0044
01-01-2004, 04:08 PM
Yeah I also felt like the BK in Muskego was located way out of the way. I think it should be closer to HWY 100 which itself is a 30min drive for me.

And Here's another vote for the GLD Real Street Drags "spectating group" idea. Sounds like lots of fun!!!! We could even pass a few bucks in some friendly wagers, always a good time.

02hawk796
01-02-2004, 01:26 AM
Scott, could you please define/describe "cruise" in your context? I understand many people have different ideas and notions about that word and use. Could you please clarify?

Moving Monday nights? No matter where it is, the distance will be more for some than others. The most geographically sensible locale would be between Milwaukee and Waukesha, but doesn't the attitude of the local cops figure in? Was the original location of
BK selected BECAUSE it was far from Hwy, and (in theory) wouldn't attract the riffraff that reels in the cops? I had thought that had something to do with it.
How are the cops in Waukesha?
Do we think the Greenfield cops would hassle us the same (as others on Hwy, or who live near Hwy), or give us a break if we were at a business in their 'burb?

02hawk796
01-14-2004, 03:02 AM
Hello??
Scott??

Crawlin
01-20-2004, 09:44 PM
it was picked at the original spot on Moorland in New Berlin because of the large lot and it was by brandon's house and he was the first one there to get organized towards the beginning. we decided to keept it away from hwy100 because of the cops. greenfield, hales corners, etc... are all looking for excuses to bust people for whatever reason. even though most people end up at oscar's later that night for some hwy100 action, usually it's best not to be in that area right away because of cops.

Gary is the owner of Mack's. It's right down the street from my house. Moving it there would be cool since he's a car guy. He no longer owns the NSX though. The Sti is his second WRX. He sold a 1953 Fuelie Vette to pay for the opening of mack's and is doing quite well. he knows me by site everytime i come in, even without the car. BUT, it's too far away and since we have some problems with attendance, moving it further away would make things worse. If you could find a place like in Brookfield or Elm Grove area or even a little bit further east towards hwy100 where it isn't patroled by the cops too often, it'd be better. although, 90% of you guys don't have cars that you'd have to worry about the cops too much. but still think in terms of future "members" of this site and what they might have.

Crawlin
01-20-2004, 09:46 PM
and for cruise, it's meant like it sounds. get together and the group takes a cruise to someplace. like how the spring CRUISE and fall CRUISE goes for the MFBA

02hawk796
01-21-2004, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by z28kid98
and for cruise, it's meant like it sounds. get together and the group takes a cruise to someplace. like how the spring CRUISE and fall CRUISE goes for the MFBA

Alright, I'll assume for the moment that all posters in this thread agree that this is the meaning intended. I had seen other posts mention that they drive downtown Milw or Mad, with traffic lights all over and washboard roads - like a quasi-parade or something. Thank you for clarification and response.

With this assumption, I might be able to help, plan, create, or lead a/the Cruise. Depending on how my other plans work out, I have a few questions for somebody to answer to help me focus on the most desirable outcome.

1. Would you prefer a Cruise alone, or in conjunction with another activity? Such as WestBend Indoor Racing, Azatalan Outdoor Racing (I-94, E of Lake Mills), Wisconsin Dells (end of cruise), ending at RA, departing from some show/dyno/tune/picnic activity, or other. A Cruise alone would likely end up at some bar, restaurant, or something for everyone to wind down, relax, replentish energy & fluids.

2. Where would you all prefer? Around Milwaukee (not getting farher than 1 hour away), Madison (similar range), Road America - Fond du Lac area (or greater Lake Winnebago area), or other?

3. What month/week are you targeting? I would hope to have one I plan on a Saturday, and I would hope nobody schedules one for May 22nd, which MFBA has planned. Late April remains uncertain in terms of road conditions for stored cars (not sure if mine would be out). Perhaps the 29th of May, or later June (Power Tour is early June), or mid-Late July, or Aug (getting pretty hot out), or Sep? I would also like to not conflict with the Viper Cruises.

4. How much time? I can put togeher over 10 hours of twisty, hilly roads in any of the above areas. Like the example of the MFBA, it's best to have about 40 min of drive time max between stops/breaks. Lunches or picnic breaks would be scheduled in, as well as gas-ups. Mid June has sundown around 8:30pm, and late May is about 8:15pm. I do not want to have to start at 8am, and would prefer a time which would allow drivers to arrive easily from their homes that morning.

5. Who/what would be allowed? The MFBA example is limited to just Firebirds and Camaros, which have a certain minimum performance expectation, for acceleration, cornering, top speed. Would anybody or any vehicle be allowed? BCM has a much greater gap in performance envelopes, which would just need more 'regrouping' opportunities. Would high 4x4 trucks be welcomed (slow in corners)? All motorcycles? Any econobox (no acceleration)? What criteria to use? It could be arranged so that 'faster' cars are nearer the leading end, so that 'stuck behind a slower car' won't be too much of a problem. (yes, this does occur during MFBA cruises)
We will not be passing each other.

Continued..

02hawk796
01-21-2004, 03:55 AM
continued.

6. Would there be funding required for whatever you want (reservations or rentals, parks, banquet rooms, etc.), and who would be providing these funds? I would prefer to not have a charge required for the Cruise itself, but something (maybe 'donations') for the non-essential activities would be fine by me.

7. The Hot Rod Power Tour this year ends in Green bay on Fri, June 11th. Would we like to have a Cruise on Sat, June 12th starting near Green Bay, and meandering south? Not only could our local drivers who were in the Tour come along, but we could invite anybody else from any state who completed the Tour to join us. Show off the hills and curves of WI. Anybody interested in this, or think it's a good/bad idea? I would prefer not to broadcast it to any law enforcement types, regardless.

Btw, I'll point out that I'm in a pretty good mood now because I was just out again twisting through some roads again - can hardly wait to get the Hawk out on those.

Also, for correction - the MFBA Cruises don't actually 'go someplace", they just go where the fun roads are, and 'someplace' nearby is found to terminate at. They usually loop back to somewhere closer to the starting point, which I would probably not do (unless specifically requested).

For the record, if this gets planned and I'm the leader or something, I WILL enjoy the heck out of the cruise run on the specified day (unless rained out, or something), whether anybody shows up or not. So no need to worry about me getting upset at low turnout. However, all who BCM invites will be welcome to come along, and there will likely be several options for participation.

JC70SS
01-21-2004, 05:42 PM
The BK is definately broke. New place needed. Who ever suggested Brookfield or Elm Grove..that aint going to happen. @ of the most anal police forces in SE WI.

02hawk796
01-27-2004, 10:13 PM
Is anybody interested in the cruise?

SMS 1
01-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I would be interested in the cruise, but I don't think either of my f-bods would be ready for much of anything early to mid of the year so I would be left with only my n/a 3.4 DOHC GTP. Not the quickest thing on the road. Never-the-less I would be curious about when/where this is going on. However I should warn you . . . This is BCM - ie: I may not show up:goof

Silver350
01-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Yes Ron that is what I ment Cruise as in Cruise all over town and not back and forth on hwy 100

02hawk796
01-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Hmmm. Looks like 2 schools of meaning here.
One is Cruising around town (like IN town, I assume)
Another is taking curvy, hilly, twisty roads that push your vehicle's performance envelope, and generally AVOID town when possible (avoiding traffic lights, slow speed zones, heavy trafficked areas).

OK, so who prefers which? Who wants to go on which kind? Who wants to try each, but during seperate events/days?

Yooformula
01-28-2004, 10:30 PM
Either works for me! I love the MFBA cruise and hopefully this year, I should have alot more time for car stuff so I plan on any cruises I can get my hands on.

02hawk796
01-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Ok, I'll try to set up the 2nd type Cruise, country roads, swaybars needed.
I'll take that as Yoosof is planning to make it, and SMS might with his V6. Which of the other options/questions I asked previously do you prefer?

Crawlin
01-30-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by 02hawk796
swaybars needed....

damn. i'm out :)

Yooformula
01-30-2004, 06:13 PM

Blahahahahah. can always ride shotgun!:thumbsup

02hawk796
01-31-2004, 09:39 AM

OK, I'll grant that you've caught my technical error.

What I meant was "swaybars will be needed to keep up with your engine class, so nobody is STUCK behind you." So if you don't have a car that is driveable and/or doesn't have swaybars, training wheels, or other cornering capability, you can hang back with the 4-banger imports of the same cornering characteristics. We will be regrouping often, so nobody gets lost or falls behind too far.
If Yoosof or a quorum of other drivers/members choose to weed out undriveable cars like yours, that's OK by me - you can still shotgun, and Yoo's offered his.

02hawk796
02-08-2004, 11:51 AM
OK, 3 have shown reasonable interest.
SMS 1 - GTP
Silver350 - Chevy truck
Yooformula - Formula

If it's only a few cars like this, I see no reason SMS can't tag along with the GTP - We could just regroup before each turn, allowing him to catch up. There are several GTPs around here, and I don't have any reason they can't come along, too - unless, as I said, a quorum of drivers chooses to set some vehicle criteria.

So then, what are your answers/preferences regarding the previous questions I asked on Jan 21st?

I understand some feel that this is too far off in the future to comment on. If it is preferred to wait for some later date, let me know that. At that future time you may inform me that it is time to plan, and I can see if any dates on my calandar are still open.