PDA

View Full Version : Ball joint estimate question

Z28Envy
10-01-2008, 12:27 AM
My car needs new ball joints on both sides. Not sure yet if they are the uppers or the lowers but would probably have them all done at the same time. I would like to know a round about price for this. Haven't had this done before so want to know what a fair price is to get this done. Not sure if I will go to a smaller shop or to the dealership in town here. I usually try to do most things on my own when it comes to this sort of thing but I don't have a clue on how to do ball joints.

brotherbenn83
10-15-2008, 08:23 PM
If you are still looking to get this done, give me a PM. I have a guy I work with who does anything on anything. These for your Z?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
10-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Josh,

Bring the parts down and i'll help you install them. Fairly easy to get done.

Z28Envy
10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I am going to wait until spring now. I need to get a winter beater and I will be putting it away soon so now need to get it done this year now.

Sprayaway Fox
10-16-2008, 12:15 AM
I got a Carquest account if you want them for cost. They sell MOOG. Lemme know if ya want to go that route:thumbsup

Josepy
10-16-2008, 08:56 AM
My car needs new ball joints on both sides. Not sure yet if they are the uppers or the lowers but would probably have them all done at the same time. I would like to know a round about price for this. Haven't had this done before so want to know what a fair price is to get this done. Not sure if I will go to a smaller shop or to the dealership in town here. I usually try to do most things on my own when it comes to this sort of thing but I don't have a clue on how to do ball joints.

I need to do mine also in spring.

BAD LS1
10-16-2008, 09:32 AM
I need to do mine also in spring.

Lol yours have went cow shit since it was lowered... like over a year ago now? CLUNK CLUNK

lilws6
10-16-2008, 11:00 AM
lol my balls are still tight :goof

mrz28M6
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
tommy fixed my balls :)

Josepy
10-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Lol yours have went cow shit since it was lowered... like over a year ago now? CLUNK CLUNK

Yes you will be busy in spring.