PDA

View Full Version : ~ It's that Time again, check your Furnace Filters and Start it up as a Test run ~

awsomeears
10-01-2008, 12:20 AM
Listen UP !!!

Walk to your Thermostat and turn it on, walk down stairs and make sure it lights up and pushes out WARM air. I bet a bunch that read this will find out its not working.

Aren't you happy you found this out NOW vs. Nov. 1st when all the other idiots are holding out :chair:

Also when is the last time you checked your Air Filter ?

Check it :thumbsup

Again I'm offering my Tune-ups and service for Furnaces and Boilers : http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31584

I post this because I seriously care about your Heating systems, its my job.

michelle
10-01-2008, 05:48 AM
My furnace is running right now. ):

kornholio788
10-01-2008, 08:29 AM
You know I have been on this forum for only less than a year now. But you are always making these threads. And honestly that is awesome of you. Because it could really save people in the long run. Kudos to you my friend. If I wasn't in an apt I would call you up and give you my business.

Car Guy
10-01-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm not just saying this because he is my brother but BRAD IS THE MAN when it comes to HVAC work...!!! Don't even bother dealing with anybody else if you want the job done right.....:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

Silver03SRT
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
I might have you come out and check my moms furnace.

awsomeears
10-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not just saying this because he is my brother but BRAD IS THE MAN when it comes to HVAC work...!!! Don't even bother dealing with anybody else if you want the job done right.....:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

By the way did you ever change that filter :rolf

Silver86
10-01-2008, 03:02 PM
<-- electric heat :)

Cjburn
10-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Got a quick question, when I turned on the furnace today, it clicked for a minute or two then fired up. What do you think is the problem?

Lash
10-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Don't even bother dealing with anybody else if you want the job done right.....:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

You really think so? :shades

Korndogg
10-01-2008, 05:19 PM

x2 .... lol

lordairgtar
10-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I have electric base board heaters in my apartment. It is a good idea to take a vacuum and attach the skinny nozzle to it and suck out the dust bunnies that accumulate there. They cause odors and can be a fire hazzard if left alone. A coating of dust will also act as an insulator and it will require more power to make heat.

awsomeears
10-01-2008, 07:12 PM

x2 .... lol

Both of you lady's stay out of my Heating and Cooling threads, you only clutter them up. I know its all fun and games but your not adding anything :thumbsup

I do residential and you guys are commercial two totally different Animals.

Korndogg
10-01-2008, 07:14 PM
hey i do resi on the side...:rolf

but I always told you I wouldn't screw with or try to steal your business :thumbsup

awsomeears
10-01-2008, 07:15 PM
I have electric base board heaters in my apartment. It is a good idea to take a vacuum and attach the skinny nozzle to it and suck out the dust bunnies that accumulate there. They cause odors and can be a fire hazzard if left alone. A coating of dust will also act as an insulator and it will require more power to make heat.

Take a air compressor or reverse the vacuum and blow the dust out, electric base boards work on convection :thumbsup

Convection in the most general terms refers to the movement of molecules within fluids (i.e. liquids, gases and rheids). Convection is one of the major modes of heat transfer and mass transfer. In fluids, convective heat and mass transfer take place through both diffusion – the random Brownian motion of individual particles in the fluid – and by advection, in which matter or heat is transported by the larger-scale motion of currents in the fluid. In the context of heat and mass transfer, the term "convection" is used to refer to the sum of advective and diffusive transfer.

A common use of the term convection leaves out the word "heat" but nevertheless refers to heat convection: that is, the case in which heat is the entity of interest being advected (carried). In one of two major types of heat convection, the heat may be carried passively by fluid motion which would occur anyway without the heating process (a heat transfer process termed loosely as "forced convection"). In the other major type of heat convection, heating itself may cause the fluid motion (via expansion and buoyancy force), while at the same time also causing heat to be transported by this motion of the fluid (a process known loosely as natural convection, or "free convection"). In the latter case, the problem of heat transport (and related transport of other substances in the fluid due to it) is generally more complicated. Both forced and natural types of heat convection may occur together.

GRAMPS SS
10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
mark...your such a good friend to brad...you want to learn how to embroider and screen shirts and sell ASI...and then steal steal my biz as well :thumbsup

Korndogg
10-01-2008, 07:25 PM
i know how to screen shirts:thumbsup

but i dont want to clog his thread up anymore so continue :D

Lash
10-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Both of you lady's stay out of my Heating and Cooling threads, you only clutter them up. I know its all fun and games but your not adding anything

I do residential and you guys are commercial two totally different Animals.

It's a public forum....and you did post this in general chat. :thumbsup

And I think 30,000 Sq.Ft. houses still count as residential. :shades

Besides.....I think I'll stick with commercial and make some real money.:wooo

Mr Twigbert
10-03-2008, 07:51 AM
I had Brad out to my house last night and let me say................................

He was worth every penny!

I had no idea my junk was soooooo dirty.. I had a guy out 2 years ago who got paid the same amount and did 1/4 of the work Brad did..

Every BCM'er should have him come out and look at your stuff.. IT'S WORTH IT!

Car Guy
10-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I told ya.....:thumbsup

awsomeears
10-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I had Brad out to my house last night and let me say................................

He was worth every penny!

I had no idea my junk was soooooo dirty.. I had a guy out 2 years ago who got paid the same amount and did 1/4 of the work Brad did..

Every BCM'er should have him come out and look at your stuff.. IT'S WORTH IT!

Thanks for the kind words man :thumbsup

The Tip was much appreciated :headbang

STANMAN
10-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Brad just left my place. Tuned up my furnace AND fireplace. Like Seann said, BRAD=AWESOME. Not only great work but personable, you actually learn stuff as he works!! Thanks again Brad, good meeting you:thumbsup

(the beer I had was Red Stripe, Jamaican mon, you should have had one:rolf)

DirtyMax
10-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Nobody on BCM seems to be able to check out oil furnaces.... :crying

Car Guy
10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Oil furnace = :eek:

beer guy
10-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the reminder to do this. Wouldn't you know I turned it on and now I have a big puddle of water under my furnace. awsomeears you will be getting a pm shortly.

DirtyMax
10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Oil furnace = :eek:

They actually still make brand new high-efficiency ones... just got a letter advertising sales from my oil delivey co.

Car Guy
10-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Natural gas in the way to go mannnn, everybody is doing it.....:goof

awsomeears
10-05-2008, 08:41 PM
Nobody on BCM seems to be able to check out oil furnaces.... :crying

Yea bud I'm sorry I don't touch these, in all honesty I have about 5 hours total with oil furnaces. Ive rebuilt the pumps and motors but that's about it.

Call Quick Flash :thumbsup

They have been around for EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you Dirty Max I would have Natural gas installed :thumbsup I don't think they even make a High Efficient Oil furnace, then again I really wouldn't know.

I'm talking 95% :thumbsup

michelle
10-05-2008, 08:43 PM
(the beer I had was Red Stripe, Jamaican mon, you should have had one:rolf)

Don't feel bad, he offered me one too and I declined. Although I can't say the same for Adam. He won't say no to a beer. (:

Korndogg
10-05-2008, 08:48 PM
they do make high efficiency oil but the highest i have seen is 80%

oil isn't TOO bad if they are well maintained. I have worked on some but they are a pain sometimes. I'd help ya out with the oil but I'm just waay to busy right now.

awsomeears
10-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Also for those that don't know a Set-back thermostat or programmable thermostat can save you anywhere from $105 to $150 per heating season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can also install these :thumbsup

awsomeears
10-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Chills in the AIR !!!