PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the oak creek area help me bleed brakes??

1siksrt
09-30-2008, 03:13 PM
Im working on my g-friends car and found that her pass. caliper is froze. I now have to replace her rotor, pads, and her caliper.. pretty sure this means i need to bleed the brakes and i dont remember how exactly...

pretty sure you just open the bleeder valve on the caliper and have someone pump the brakes til its a steady stream or some shit.. I dont exactly remember any help is appreciated

juicedimpss
09-30-2008, 03:19 PM
i have a power bleeder i can rent you

70 cutlass 442
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
you gotta GF? since when???

juicedimpss
09-30-2008, 03:26 PM

same sex relationships are ok now
:rolf

70 cutlass 442
09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
same sex relationships are ok now
:rolf

I guess all thoes letters that poncho dan wrote to our senators finally paid off then :D

juicedimpss
09-30-2008, 04:05 PM
I guess all thoes letters that poncho dan wrote to our senators finally paid off then :D

man bewbz

Car Guy
09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
1.) Make sure you have enough fluid in the reservoir during the entire time you are bleeding the brakes, AND MAKE SURE THE CAP IS BACK ON THE RESERVOIR AFTER CHECKING.....

2.) Have someone pump the brake pedal about 3-5 times slow/steady and then have them hold down on the pedal.....

3.) Open the bleeder screw (while the person is holding down on the pedal) and keep it open until fluid/air stops squirting out, once it stops close it immediately.....

4.) Repeat these steps until all you see is constant fluid and NO air.....

5.) Crack open a beer and then take the car for a ride to make sure the brakes work.....:thumbsup

deuceWI
09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
http://www.speedbleeder.com/

I've used them on a couple vehicles. Beyond simple.

Car Guy
09-30-2008, 04:38 PM
I've never seen those before, very cool if you have to constantly bleed brakes on the same vehicle but not worth it for a 'one time' use.....

michelle
09-30-2008, 04:42 PM
1.) Make sure you have enough fluid in the reservoir during the entire time you are bleeding the brakes, AND MAKE SURE THE CAP IS BACK ON THE RESERVOIR AFTER CHECKING.....

2.) Have someone pump the brake pedal about 3-5 times slow/steady and then have them hold down on the pedal.....

3.) Open the bleeder screw (while the person is holding down on the pedal) and keep it open until fluid/air stops squirting out, once it stops close it immediately.....

4.) Repeat these steps until all you see is constant fluid and NO air.....

5.) Crack open a beer and then take the car for a ride to make sure the brakes work.....

It's really simple and you can get your girlfriend involved by letting her pump the brake. Just find a small hose/tube that fits over the bleeder and an old soda bottle or some other container to put the old brake fluid into.

1siksrt
09-30-2008, 04:48 PM

We have been one of those ON and OFF relationships for like 4 years and were ON at the moment:rolf

Silver86
09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
bleeding is VERY easy...

i, myself, have to re-bleed the brakes on my rx7 (long story, not my fault) all i bought was a self bleeder kit from fleet farm (small bottle, 1-way valve, rubber hose). its so easy, its almost stupid....

1siksrt
10-01-2008, 09:56 AM
Ya i figured this much... .if i can pull install a trans, turbos, manifolds, fuel systems, etc. I figured i could handle it I just have not done it since high school and forgot...LOL

sloLs1
10-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Ya i figured this much... .if i can pull install a trans, turbos, manifolds, fuel systems, etc. I figured i could handle it I just have not done it since high school and forgot...LOL

let me know if you need help... im in oak creek.