PDA

View Full Version : JOB HUNT: Snow Plowing.....

Car Guy
09-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't feel like wrenching on vehicles full time this winter so I'm looking to plow snow for some additional income. I have many years of experience both plowing and salting with 1/2 to 1 ton trucks and some experience plowing with a front end loader. Now I know that there are many places hiring snow plow drivers right now but I don't want to find out the hard way if said employers are trustworthy. I consider myself an excellent/honest/trustworthy team player that is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done when needed so I expect the same from an employer.....:)

Any leads are much appreciated...!!!

~Justin :thumbsup

That_Guy
09-29-2008, 11:50 PM
call mjs landscaping ask for mike stiener .. they are normally hiring for winter plow truck drivers

tell him your a friend of nate ramlow and say that i had mention to call you to see if he was looking for winter employees .."idk if that will help you any"

88Nightmare
09-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I can talk to the guy I plow with. He pays pretty well, but be prepared to work 12+ hour days on a heavy snowfall. I logged so many hours the past winter. Head out at 2am to start plowin, get done at 5pm

Cryptic
09-29-2008, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't mind either... but I do have a regular 8 to 5 job...

Car Guy
09-30-2008, 12:59 AM
I can talk to the guy I plow with. He pays pretty well, but be prepared to work 12+ hour days on a heavy snowfall. I logged so many hours the past winter. Head out at 2am to start plowin, get done at 5pm

I am a freak when it comes to working crazy long hours so that is NOT an issue at all. I also forgot to mention that I'm available at ANY time to plow snow due to being self employed.....:headbang

Let me know what he says....:thumbsup

Breecher_7
09-30-2008, 04:26 AM
If you lived in washington county I would have a strong lead for ya, but I doubt your gonna make that drive!!!

juicedimpss
09-30-2008, 08:02 AM
bubba,get me in by your guy too.

SmokinRAM114
09-30-2008, 08:15 AM
if its anything like last winter... im buying a plow. i plow 1 lot and 2 driveways and made 3 grand driving someone elses truck last year.

pOrk
09-30-2008, 08:44 AM
There is a place on hwy 100 and rogers that a few buddies have worked for, he pays weekly or at the end of the season. If you wait till the end of the season, he pays another .50 cent an hour or something if I remember correctly. I'll get the name of the place one of these days

GRNDNL
09-30-2008, 09:21 AM
If you lived in washington county I would have a strong lead for ya, but I doubt your gonna make that drive!!!

Who's that?......

I just ordered a brand new Boss V plow, I'm thinking I'm going to need find some work to help pay for the dam thing............

stenchmiester
09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
justin u have a pm i plow for jj enterprises and we start when the snow starts and end when it stops some days may be 36 hours straight

PonyKiller87
09-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Im looking for a place to plow too, I would prefer to do stuff on the south side, have my own truck, but I have to be able to work it around a fulltime job to some extent.

wikked
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
justin u have a pm i plow for jj enterprises and we start when the snow starts and end when it stops some days may be 36 hours straight

My record is 32hrs straight... I had to stop when I saw a family of shadows sitting in a circle in the median on brown deer rd. :stare

stenchmiester
09-30-2008, 12:00 PM
last year i was so tired in keno me and a buddy ended up gettin a motel room there was no way i was driving back home redbull was my best friend

88Nightmare
09-30-2008, 12:12 PM
the guy I work for has 5 plow trucks. each driver also has someone riding along, so when I would get to a driveway to plow, my guy would hop out and shovel the sidewalks while I plowed. It works great and goes quick. Two of the trucks have salters. He also has a team of guys going around in a cargo van with an assload of snowblowers and shovels in it taking care of walks and whatnot. he has a lot of commercial accounts, many many businesses and apartment complexs, and more driveways to count.

CobraSnake
09-30-2008, 12:48 PM
the guy I work for has 5 plow trucks. each driver also has someone riding along, so when I would get to a driveway to plow, my guy would hop out and shovel the sidewalks while I plowed. It works great and goes quick. Two of the trucks have salters. He also has a team of guys going around in a cargo van with an assload of snowblowers and shovels in it taking care of walks and whatnot. he has a lot of commercial accounts, many many businesses and apartment complexs, and more driveways to count.

Who do you work for??

88Nightmare
09-30-2008, 12:51 PM
S&C Services

CobraSnake
09-30-2008, 12:53 PM
S&C Services

oh ok. My buddy has a landscape service but does plowing in the winter. I know he has 5 plows as well but I wasn't sure about the other stuff. It is called Greater Milwaukee Landscape.

Mark

Car Guy
10-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Still looking.....:stare

Car Guy
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Any other leads...??? Still haven't found anything too promising.....:rolleyes:

stenchmiester
10-06-2008, 05:45 PM
sorry my boss is out of town till this friday as soon as hes back ill get some infor for you

Car Guy
10-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Sounds good.....:thumbsup

73Dustr
10-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Try Trees on the Move. Two of my buddies plowed for them last year.