PDA

View Full Version : Anyone collect Pixar Cars diecasts?

pw_cc_runner
09-29-2008, 10:54 AM
I am just curious if anyone else is collecting the cars from the movie. I am having a hard time finding quite a few of them and having some others to help in the hunt would be great. It's just too expensive to buy the ones I am missing on ebay, plus its a crap shoot on the condition.

LIZMO
09-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Nick (Flicktitty's) Nephew has a ALOT of them. i think he still gets new ones every so often. what ones do you need/want?

pw_cc_runner
09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
At least a dozen cars from the older stuff that wont be in the stores (desert/supercharged cards). I'll get a list together of some specifics when I am back from class tonight.

A few I can think of off the top of my head are a Supercharged Mr and Mrs The King Movie Moments, Desert Card Boost and Snot Rod Movie Moments, Supercharged Dale Jr., and a World of Cars Flea and Flik Movie Moments. There are more but I need to call my Dad to take a look at exactly what I have.

wikked
09-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I got one that came free in a case of Valvoline like 2 years ago?

Want_Notch
09-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I think my girls have all of them and two of most of them. which ones are you looking for?

97z2801ss
09-29-2008, 06:48 PM
my son has most of them, I know he still needs dale Jr., tex dinico and a few others
some of them are really expensive on ebay.

pw_cc_runner
09-29-2008, 09:29 PM
ok, the specifics...

I am looking for these on the card in mint or near mint condition

1st Release Desert Card w/ 12 cars listed on back

Fillmore
Sarge
King
DJ

1st Release Desert Car Movie Moments

Boost and Snot Rod

2nd Release Supercharged Card

Dale Jr.

2nd Release Supercharged Card Movie Moments

King & Mrs. The King

3rd Release World of Cars Card

Fred (Without "New" emblem on card)
Fred w/ Bumper Stickers "Chase"
Luke Peddlework (Without "New" emblem on card)

I have an extra McQueen w/ Stickers "Chase" to trade

97z2801ss
09-30-2008, 03:44 AM
why are some of these so hard to come by? alot of little ones collecting them? I have never even seen a JR one or the mr. n mrs. King. My son has filmore, and the king fromthe first relese i believe but there open and played with...

ohh yea side note, Cars 2 in 2012.....

pw_cc_runner
09-30-2008, 08:46 AM
why are some of these so hard to come by? a lot of little ones collecting them? I have never even seen a JR one or the mr. n mrs. King. My son has filmore, and the king from the first release i believe but there open and played with...

ohh yea side note, Cars 2 in 2012.....

Wrong, it got moved up to 2011!!

The main reason the original ones are hard to come by is age, popularity, and far far far less production than the WOC or Supercharged models. Dale Jr. is tough mostly because of his popularity. The biggest problem is that most of the time the second they hit the shelves a profiteer snaps up the low production number pieces and all I ever see is Lightning McQueen, Mater, and Doc Hudson. Far too often the cases are even picked over before they hit the shelves. I'm probably going to end up going the ebay route. Sadly its going to cost close to $150 to get the first release cars and the two supercharged cars I am missing.

lordairgtar
09-30-2008, 07:00 PM
I only have Mater and Speed

97z2801ss
09-30-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1222829530/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&rs=165793011&keywords=cars&rh=n%3A165793011%2Ck%3Acars&page=2

pw_cc_runner
10-01-2008, 09:37 PM
As for using Amazon, that's not a bad idea, but seems to be a bit over priced.

I crossed Fillmore and Dale Jr., off the list today via a guy in St. Louis. I am soooo cool :thumbsup

97z2801ss
10-01-2008, 09:58 PM
ebay was way over priced, I wont buy any of them unless there in the stores, there for the kid anyways. they have cases you can by for 44.99 or something like that so your sure to get Dale Jr and a host of others you prob dont need.

pw_cc_runner
10-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I got a good lot of new ones today from the Wal-Mart "October Endcap". Oversized Al Oft Lightyear Blimp, Oversized Barney Stormin, Oversized Lightning Storm McQueen, Sally Cone, Dexter Hoover (Yellow Flag), Luke Peddlework, and Roman Dunes.

Plus I picked up a few on Ebay really cheap, cheaper than in the stores believe it or not.

Desert Card 12 Back Sarge
Desert Card 12 Back DJ
Supercharged King and Mrs. King Movie Moment
Blu-Ray McQueen (Mail Away Car)

~ UPDATED ~

I am looking for these on the card in mint or near mint condition

1st Release Desert Card w/ 12 cars listed on back
King

1st Release Desert Car Movie Moments
Boost and Snot Rod

3rd Release World of Cars Card
Fred (Without "New" emblem on card)
Fred (Re-Scaled Size)
Fred w/ Bumper Stickers "Chase"
Axel Accelerator
Spinout McQueen
Oversized Mac
Oversized Marco
Oversized Dinoco Helicopter
Leroy Traffik
Impound McQueen "Chase"

PS, I am mostly doing this because I am on this ridiculous one track mind right now and its helping me organize my thoughts. When I am not in class I am hunting for these things. It's a great stress relief and not to mention fun even though its costing me.