PDA

View Full Version : Tailpipes

Voodoo Chick
09-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Here's a question I've had for a while: I have had a few people tell me in the past that removing the tailpipes off the car and just having a small turn-down off the muffler's outlet provides better flow and performance, and better sound. I have never done this myself, nor do a know anyone who's car is like that, so I was wondering if this is true, or just a bunch of bullsh*t.......Anyone here know?

UnderPSI
09-28-2008, 08:06 AM
Don't do it. It's not worth it. If you have a back seat in your car your exhaust has to exit rear of the passenger compartment. (Must be past the back rest of the rear seat) It isn't worth having the inside of your car smelling like exhaust for the .3 more hp you will get.

Sprayaway Fox
09-28-2008, 03:48 PM
It makes it sound a deep lower tone like stepping up a size in exhaust. I like it, but you WILL have to be worried bout the sound police. If it isnt a race peice just keep the tails. You will prolly be much happier with a good set of muffs and mandrel bent exhaust kit for the car.

Rocket Power
09-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah go with tails. Stinking like exhaust, possible CO issues and COP issues make it not worth it to me.
I have a Pypes 3" setup for my 64
http://usera.ImageCave.com/vista461/64cutlass/64exhaust.jpg

GRAMPS SS
09-28-2008, 08:04 PM
Here's a question I've had for a while: I have had a few people tell me in the past that removing the tailpipes off the car and just having a small turn-down off the muffler's outlet provides better flow and performance, and better sound. I have never done this myself, nor do a know anyone who's car is like that, so I was wondering if this is true, or just a bunch of bullsh*t.......Anyone here know?

flowmaster makes a kit for your car...or i know somone that can do a X pipe and 3'' BACK FOR YA...HE DID IT FOR A FEW FROM HERE...GOOD WORK AND cheap...RIGHT 1SIKSRT.....MOLLY...BEN....ETC.........:thumbsup

Voodoo Chick
09-28-2008, 08:50 PM
I guess it was more of a "just wondering" question, my car has an awesome mandrel-bent stainless exhaust, 2.5, with X-pipe and Flowmaster Super 40's. Sounds absolutely evil, and runs like the devil, but it was something I had heard people do sometimes, and it sounded weird to me. As for the guy that can do good cheap work, PM me about him!!! I need exhaust for the Olds.........Thanks.