PDA

View Full Version : Gumby and a Black 70 Challenger..

scaleracer
09-28-2008, 01:39 AM
On hwy 100 last night Gumby on the trailer and at Culvers.. And also a 70ish Challenger with like an 8 inch pro stock wing off the back and black rims..

juicedimpss
09-28-2008, 07:31 AM
On hwy 100 last night Gumby on the trailer and at Culvers.. And also a 70ish Challenger with like an 8 inch pro stock wing off the back and black rims..

went there with my "google money" looking for the usual crowd that hangs out there. Unfortunately,they didnt bring their street cars out,i would suppose rain would be the reason.

BOSS LX
09-28-2008, 08:39 AM
went there with my "google money" looking for the usual crowd that hangs out there. Unfortunately,they didnt bring their street cars out,i would suppose rain would be the reason.

So you brought your Google money and a 12 second car on the trailer, in the rain to Culvers? Man you guys don't play!

scaleracer
09-28-2008, 01:22 PM

You guys were there too early it was packed when we left Oscars at like 10:45-1:00am!

1BadBytch
09-28-2008, 09:28 PM
it got packed n then the cops came tryin to write "shit takin" tickets lol

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 08:27 AM
So you brought your Google money and a 12 second car on the trailer, in the rain to Culvers? Man you guys don't play!

odd thing was,it wasnt raining when we left to go there,and the radar didnt show anything. seems as though the rain was a one mile spot,the freeway was plenty dry.

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 01:29 PM

You got to be kidding me....
You guys are real bad mofos!

:rolf:rolf:rolf

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 02:49 PM
You got to be kidding me....
You guys are real bad mofos!

:rolf:rolf:rolf

a 98mm putting 1000 and change to the wheels and *I'M* the bad mofo?

and you guys talk shit about scaffidi :rolf

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 03:00 PM
a 98mm putting 1000 and change to the wheels and *I'M* the bad mofo?

and you guys talk shit about scaffidi :rolf

What do you mean? Is my car not fast enough for you, yet? I'm not embarassed in the least of an 8.9 because I know there is plenty more left in the car when it actually makes a full pass and has a tighter converter. If you actually owned a fast car, you would understand that dialing in a car like this takes time! How fast have you gone?

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 03:09 PM
What do you mean? Is my car not fast enough for you, yet? I'm not embarassed in the least of an 8.9 because I know there is plenty more left in the car when it actually makes a full pass and has a tighter converter. If you actually owned a fast car, you would understand that dialing in a car like this takes time! How fast have you gone?

you are right,i dont go to the track to dial in cars that run fast. :rolf

its all good bobby,didnt mean to make your blood pressure rise. Just throwin some shit back at you,since ya'll seem to like to play tag team on me.

just remember,some of us have more than people know about. Some spend time at culvers,some are at the track,or in the garage preparing for the track.
for the record,ive only been mid nines,you have been wayyy faster than i have ever been and i wont take that away.hopefully i will have an 8 second ice cream cruiser someday too.

see you boys at the track.

Flicktitty
09-29-2008, 03:10 PM
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp167/GiddyBride/popcorn.jpg

Crawlin
09-29-2008, 03:14 PM
I need to move home so I can have $2500/month extra to play with. Dad's only got one Harley though, so I wouldn't be able to take it out :(

Crawlin
09-29-2008, 03:16 PM
nevermind, won't happen

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 03:20 PM

so you ran the car out the back door,or are we racing "should/could have gones"?

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 04:16 PM
so you ran the car out the back door,or are we racing "should/could have gones"?

The car was not run out the back door, but it still went an 8.97 rolling through the traps! I have a timeslip if you would like to see it.

The car made 15psi in first gear and 23-24psi in second gear out the back door with only 25 degrees of timing (It will take 28-30). Power is not going to be an issue if I want more! I am pulling the torque converter on Wednesday to have it tightened up a lot, the car hits 8050 rpm with 3.50 gears and a 28" tall tire well before the end of the track. So far I have only gotten 1.5x sixty foots leaving on 7psi, it will take time to get the car to 330'. (I havn't really touched the boost controller yet.)

There now you know all about the car, check with Mark if you don't believe me, he was there!

Yes Ron you did make my blood pressure rise! We asked you if you even had a car, and then Beagle and you start to run your mouths. (Which is a very fair question)
I don't forget stuff that is said here, remember that.

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 04:21 PM
so.
why are you boys so concerned with what *I* have?

SmokinRAM114
09-29-2008, 04:22 PM
The car was not run out the back door, but it still went an 8.97 rolling through the traps! I have a timeslip if you would like to see it.

The car made 15psi in first gear and 23-24psi in second gear out the back door with only 25 degrees of timing (It will take 28-30). Power is not going to be an issue if I want more! I am pulling the torque converter on Wednesday to have it tightened up a lot, the car hits 8050 rpm with 3.50 gears and a 28" tall tire well before the end of the track. So far I have only gotten 1.5x sixty foots leaving on 7psi, it will take time to get the car to 330'. (I havn't really touched the boost controller yet.)

There now you know all about the car, check with Mark if you don't believe me, he was there!

Yes Ron you did make my blood pressure rise! We asked you if you even had a car, and then Beagle and you start to run your mouths. (Which is a very fair question)
I don't forget stuff that is said here, remember that.

i seen this shit:stare

DynoTom
09-29-2008, 04:35 PM
The car was not run out the back door, but it still went an 8.97 rolling through the traps!

:headbang:headbang:headbang:banana1:

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
so.
why are you boys so concerned with what *I* have?

Because you like to talk mighty big for someone who calls people out with cars that aren't yours. So what if we asked you what car *You* have, like I said its a legit question.

WOW! Just read the chat box archive, and you and Crawlin are something else! Both of you guys do me a favor when we run into eachother again, don't try to act all "buddy buddy" to my face.

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
Nice sig, but I don't get it.
My car went 8.97, and I deffinately don't claim it to be a seven second car. Why not explain that one?

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Nice sig, but I don't get it.
My car went 8.97, and I deffinately don't claim it to be a seven second car. Why not explain that one?
bobby,YOU said it youself...
cars in that power level are not built overnight. how many years did it take for you to get back on the road?(that wasnt a dig,just stating the FACT)
while trying to build my own junk,i also have other "side projects" going. I am more involved in those cars than some of the guys who "fund" them. I CAN bring them into this,as I built them,or am heavily involved in getting them down the track,not just nutswinging,not paying others to put my stuff together.
you have a nice car and i will never take that away from you,but dont try telling me i dont know what it takes to make a car of "your level" get down the track....that is absolutely comical.
some people need to worry about making their combo work rather than digging on other peoples projects.
:shades

FourEyedFord
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM
bobby,YOU said it youself...
cars in that power level are not built overnight. how many years did it take for you to get back on the road?(that wasnt a dig,just stating the FACT)
while trying to build my own junk,i also have other "side projects" going. I am more involved in those cars than some of the guys who "fund" them. I CAN bring them into this,as I built them,or am heavily involved in getting them down the track,not just nutswinging,not paying others to put my stuff together.
you have a nice car and i will never take that away from you,but dont try telling me i dont know what it takes to make a car of "your level" get down the track....that is absolutely comical.
some people need to worry about making their combo work rather than digging on other peoples projects.
:shades

So you are implying that I didn't build my car? That is comical! Just because I left all the fabricating to someone that actually knows what they are doing means I "bought" the car? Would you weld a cage in your own car, or would you completely fab a turbo kit/intercooler piping? Give me a break! I have worked my asss off the last two years to fund and build the car to this stage! So don't fukin tell me that I just picked up a done car!

I guess pitting with the thunderbird has made you an expert! I apologize then. I am worrying about my own sh!t, the car will perform don't you worry!

Crawlin
09-29-2008, 07:04 PM
Because you like to talk mighty big for someone who calls people out with cars that aren't yours. So what if we asked you what car *You* have, like I said its a legit question.

WOW! Just read the chat box archive, and you and Crawlin are something else! Both of you guys do me a favor when we run into eachother again, don't try to act all "buddy buddy" to my face.

Point out where I said shit about YOU personally....

BOSS on the other hand.... that's something different since he likes getting all rowdy like his shit was built and has been running ALL year long. I'm laughing at the fact that some people like pointing out who funds what at who's expense, blah blah blah... but to me, it's looking like Andy's parents finance his wet dream since he's got no mortgage/rent, no electric bill, no food bill, no insurance on house/apartment, etc.... Step into REAL life and see what it gets ya in regards to disposable income. I'll give Aaron credit for doing it with the new house, kids, wife, etc...

And if you are referencing MY sig... It's been that way for the past 3-4 months... It's not a personal knock

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Point out where I said shit about YOU personally....

BOSS on the other hand.... that's something different since he likes getting all rowdy like his shit was built and has been running ALL year long. I'm laughing at the fact that some people like pointing out who funds what at who's expense, blah blah blah... but to me, it's looking like Andy's parents finance his wet dream since he's got no mortgage/rent, no electric bill, no food bill, no insurance on house/apartment, etc.... Step into REAL life and see what it gets ya in regards to disposable income. I'll give Aaron credit for doing it with the new house, kids, wife, etc...

And if you are referencing MY sig... It's been that way for the past 3-4 months... It's not a personal knock

Watch it Chris. This is a car forum, and we are talking about cars! DO NOT get personal with me! You have NO idea about mine, or anyone else's situation.
This has nothing to do with you, nor did I, or anyone else bring you into this.

Thanks for your concern, but I can assure you I am doing just fine.

Crawlin
09-29-2008, 07:32 PM
Watch it Chris. This is a car forum, and we are talking about cars! DO NOT get personal with me! You have NO idea about mine, or anyone else's situation.
This has nothing to do with you, nor did I, or anyone else bring you into this.

Thanks for your concern, but I can assure you I am doing just fine.

You are 100% absolutely right.... I don't know about your personal situation. But that doesn't stop you guys from slandering others from what YOUR opinion of their knowledge or ownership stake is. And yet that talk of CARS brought in "ownership" and monetary talk of that situation.

I have my group of friends, you have yours. I always thought it was one LARGE group of enthusiasts on this site, right up until the point people go single digits and then it seems as if certain people think they are above others. I mean above Beagle, I'd understand that one, but come on....

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 07:47 PM
You are 100% absolutely right.... I don't know about your personal situation. But that doesn't stop you guys from slandering others from what YOUR opinion of their knowledge or ownership stake is. And yet that talk of CARS brought in "ownership" and monetary talk of that situation.

I have my group of friends, you have yours. I always thought it was one LARGE group of enthusiasts on this site, right up until the point people go single digits and then it seems as if certain people think they are above others. I mean above Beagle, I'd understand that one, but come on....

Like I said I am doing just fine! You do not know what you are talking about, period!

We are talking shiit about cars. Ron and I have been going back and forth for years, about CAR STUFF.

Slandering? Are you serious? If I am slandering, then I guess I am sorry.

Ron, do you honestly feel slandered?

Crawlin
09-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I just said that above Andy. And I said it in response to your PM's

Myles
09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
my 2 cents.

EqBD_rmIU4A

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 08:05 PM
I always thought it was one LARGE group of enthusiasts on this site, right up until the point people go single digits and then it seems as if certain people think they are above others.

I would like to see what others think about this. I think that I am cool with more people on this site then most.

I think when some of us got faster, SOME people got jealous.

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I would like to see what others think about this. I think that I am cool with more people on this site then most.

I think when some of us got faster, SOME people got jealous.

Cause a mustang is something to be jealous of?

Id rather have my broke ass junkyard cars than that thing.

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 08:07 PM

I said some Myles.

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I said some Myles.

I must have entered into this too late if i cant get you guys more riled than you already are.

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 08:10 PM
I must have entered into this too late if i cant get you guys more riled than you already are.

I never get riled up about car stuff, on a car website.:thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM

we are sorry you are dumb,everything cool said in this thread you ruined with Amanda.

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I never get riled up about car stuff, on a car website.:thumbsup

I have read posts in this thread that seem to state otherwise.

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
we are sorry you are dumb,everything cool said in this thread you ruined with Amanda.

Dont fvck with boston.

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Dont fvck with boston.

Boston=queer except in the case of baked beans you douche

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:14 PM
Boston=queer except in the case of baked beans you douche

Dude, you so just did not go there. You cut deep, we are going to have to have a band meeting about this.

Reverend Cooper
09-29-2008, 08:17 PM
whaaa i like Boston baked beans tho.

Myles
09-29-2008, 08:19 PM
whaaa i like Boston baked beans tho.

Well to retort i BRING YOU THIS!

BARLfUmyBJA

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 08:34 PM
So you are implying that I didn't build my car? That is comical! Just because I left all the fabricating to someone that actually knows what they are doing means I "bought" the car? Would you weld a cage in your own car, or would you completely fab a turbo kit/intercooler piping? Give me a break! I have worked my asss off the last two years to fund and build the car to this stage! So don't fukin tell me that I just picked up a done car!

I guess pitting with the thunderbird has made you an expert! I apologize then. I am worrying about my own sh!t, the car will perform don't you worry!

sure,why not?
its just cutting and welding,really,its that simple.
i didnt say you didnt work to get what you have. its an expensive hobby no matter how you look at it,no matter how much you do yourself or have others do for you.
never once did i say you picked up a finished car,it all takes a dream and a vision to get to the end result.some have the tools and skills to do things,others know their limitations,and there is nothing wrong with having something professionally done.On the same hand,you cant knock someone who does the "gruntwork" without doing the financial contribution.end result is really the same....only difference is they are all willing to let me race the projects i have helped with.does that make me any less involved in building the car because i didnt pay for it? what if i was paid to do the work,would that mean "they" built the car?
i have always thought you were a pretty cool guy,and thought your car was pretty cool,even being a ford(since im a chevy guy). you should really learn to take that as a compliment.i have spent plenty of time on cars to know and appreciate something with alot of blood,sweat and tears invested.Never will you see me KNOCK someone for what they have or what they might be building.you just never know,it might surprise you.
ill be back to looking at my carb and bonnet,since thats my project.

if you would like some help at the track sometime,let me know. (not trying to "nutswing") i just like to see guys from our area do well.

have a great day.

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 08:35 PM
Like I said I am doing just fine! You do not know what you are talking about, period!

We are talking shiit about cars. Ron and I have been going back and forth for years, about CAR STUFF.

Slandering? Are you serious? If I am slandering, then I guess I am sorry.

Ron, do you honestly feel slandered?

why would i feel slandered? that would mean i value your opinion :D

(just fvcking with you,dont take that personal.)

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 08:42 PM

never did i say i was THE expert with any of this. That car has made us learn alot,in a hurry. You of all people should know it takes time with cars of that caliber to teach you about making these things work. i was there for every pass that car made since its reincarnation,you would be a fool to think i didnt absorb some of what is going on.

scaleracer
09-29-2008, 09:44 PM
Well my thread has turned hijacked and interesting! I don't mind though.. I personally have to say Crawlin whatever Andy's personal stuff is it doesn't make a difference.. And I have to say that the fact about guys in the 9's being "cocky or stuck up" isn't true about them and they will try to help in any way possible.. I have to side on the fact that everyone has their own opinion and goals.. Carry on! :goof

nismodave
09-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Very interesting read here.

Bobby, Andy, Aaron,Chris, Ron, all good fellas in my book. All have owned or been involved with some fast cars. All have proven they can go fast. Some faster than others than others. Some longer than others.

Cars get built, cars go fast, cars break, cars get fixed, cars get sold. Competition is good. It makes some want to build up and go faster. But the chances of a bunch of guys all having cars running at the same time, let alone being in the same leauge, is a pipe dream.

Just a quick question for you guys, does it lessen the accomplishments of a person/thier car if its been "store bought" or built by someone else?

Just in case I want to go drag racing someday, I want to know where my cool points would be.:rolf

scaleracer
09-29-2008, 11:36 PM

Bobby, Andy, Aaron,Chris, Ron, all good fellas in my book. All have owned or been involved with some fast cars. All have proven they can go fast. Some faster than others than others. Some longer than others.

Cars get built, cars go fast, cars break, cars get fixed, cars get sold. Competition is good. It makes some want to build up and go faster. But the chances of a bunch of guys all having cars running at the same time, let alone being in the same leauge, is a pipe dream.

Just a quick question for you guys, does it lessen the accomplishments of a person/thier car if its been "store bought" or built by someone else?

Just in case I want to go drag racing someday, I want to know where my cool points would be.:rolf

Agreed! And to answer your question I would say if you go 7,8,9,10,11's, etc.. your still doing it and your gonna learn more most likely.. Everyone has a goal they want to reach when they build or buy a car.. If you pass it it's an accomplishment.. :thumbsup

Beagle
09-30-2008, 05:05 PM
So instead of reading all this bull sh1t, is there going to be a race or what???¿

DoubleAron
09-30-2008, 05:27 PM

OK Dave I'll bite.

IMO it makes a huge difference, I give nothing to people who just pay someone to put their car together.
People who have not done it have no clue what it takes to have a car in this power level. The $$ part is just a very small piece in the whole puzzle. People think you get out the credit card call Summit and go 8s.:rolf

That is what pisses me off most about this crap the people who have the most to say are the people who haven't done it. Go to the 10.0 class thread, the majority of people posting in it haven't even come close to sniffing 10s.
I don't care who you have hung out with, who you have watched work on a fast car, etc. until you have done it you have NO CLUE!
I'm not saying because I went fast I can say anything I want and that I am the coolest person ever. That is not my point at all.

Another thing I don't get is why someones car (Andy's) would get ripped on for having a car that is street driven, can be shown @ a car show, go 8s, get a feature in a mag, and put on as many miles a year as he wanted. That to me makes no sense, the only thing it could be is jealousy.

BOSS LX
09-30-2008, 05:28 PM
you think i wont race any of them. Your a fvcktard

Syclone0044
09-30-2008, 06:38 PM
the car hits 8050 rpm :wow :stare Must...Get...Video!!!

nismodave
09-30-2008, 07:05 PM
OK Dave I'll bite.

IMO it makes a huge difference, I give nothing to people who just pay someone to put their car together.
People who have not done it have no clue what it takes to have a car in this power level. The $$ part is just a very small piece in the whole puzzle. People think you get out the credit card call Summit and go 8s.:rolf

That is what pisses me off most about this crap the people who have the most to say are the people who haven't done it. Go to the 10.0 class thread, the majority of people posting in it haven't even come close to sniffing 10s.
I don't care who you have hung out with, who you have watched work on a fast car, etc. until you have done it you have NO CLUE!
I'm not saying because I went fast I can say anything I want and that I am the coolest person ever. That is not my point at all.

Another thing I don't get is why someones car (Andy's) would get ripped on for having a car that is street driven, can be shown @ a car show, go 8s, get a feature in a mag, and put on as many miles a year as he wanted. That to me makes no sense, the only thing it could be is jealousy.

Thats an interesting opinion. And you are certainly entitled to it.

But for a person like me, who does not have the facilities or skills to put together a car of that caliber, a "store bought" car would more than likely be more of an option. I wouldnt classify myself as one of those people that doesent know "what it takes" because I know damn well it isnt easy to go low 10s/single digits.

But I dont think its fair to say a person who pays for a car to be built has NO CLUE. Why would I spin my wheels, so to speak, with something that I put together, and stuggle. Look at the turnkey cars that are available. You can save yourself a ton of money and headaches.

But I do understand that if you do build a car on your own, you learn about it and learn to appreciate it more. I guess a person like me would not have the resources, money or time to build a car from the ground up.

DoubleAron
09-30-2008, 08:20 PM
To me Dave there is a big difference between buying a done car and paying someone to work on your stuff. Buying a done car is a no brainer like you said but paying someone to put put your stuff together at this level would be insane and break the bank in the process.
Just my thoughts.

2 bad z's
09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
To me Dave there is a big difference between buying a done car and paying someone to work on your stuff. Buying a done car is a no brainer like you said but paying someone to put put your stuff together at this level would be insane and break the bank in the process.
Just my thoughts.so lets say a person wants to buils a 9 sec car ,cost 25 to 30 k ,now the simular car becomes available for sale at 15k to me thats a no brainer done deal jmo

twicks69
09-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, I just noticed this thread, and read through the entire thing listening to Boston and eating :popcorn .

No matter what people's beliefs, respect the accomplishment. Every person on here that has put together a car that was seriously fast has understood that it takes a hell of alot of time, effort, blood, sweat and tears along with alot of money. Some have more skills than others as to fabrication, tuning, etc. So be it. I feel if you put your life into doing this competitive sport and have respect for the person next to you doing the same thing, even if they are more capable or less capable than yourself, that is what matters most -- we are all doing the same damn thing here -- have respect for the others that are just trying to do the best they can with their own means to do it. This hobby is all about learning, doing, and succeeding or failing. What matters most is learning.

F-this whos faster/slower, race car/street car stuff.

I have respect for Bobby, Scotty K, Aaron, Andy, and Mopar Jim for putting down some SERIOUS passes this year. Good job! All that effort paid off! I look forward to the next year of who will beat that -- because it will always be beaten -- no matter how fast your stuff goes, there will always be someone coming along with faster stuff. It is NOT WORTH trying to keep up with the faster dude all the time if it is detrimental to your way of life, family, job, kids, etc. It is also not worth people's friendships.

So again, great job Bobby and to everyone else that has proven their stuff this year!

scottie K
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
my balls itch

2 bad z's
09-30-2008, 09:39 PM
my balls itchscratch em:rolf

SmokinRAM114
09-30-2008, 10:27 PM
my balls itch

:rolf damn crotch crickets

Irish
09-30-2008, 11:19 PM