PDA

View Full Version : unFAWKING believable

Smokey1226
09-27-2008, 11:32 PM
im still in shock/adrenaline is still going like crazy right now so sorry for the lack of words but this just happened to us today at about 5pm.

I was standing at the Register helping 2 customers one of them being a local Police officer who we've grown very close too.

The people in the car were 2 Elderly couple, the driver being the old lady (83 years old) her husband (91 years old)

Im still in shock so i really cant remember what happened, but all i know is she had the car in reverse and slammed on the gas. And this is the end result.

Basically i got my ass kicked by a car today and it totally destroyed our business. We will be down for a minimum of 2 days and with all of our deserts/Ham n Roll special on sundays/ Donuts ect ect will all need to go. Since both computers are down we cant sell gas nor anything else in the store So please if your around stop by and pick up some ham. We have a ton of it and am giving it away free of charge. Most likely we will take the majority of it to the local Churches and Shelters for those who need it to have it. Its a very very sad day for our entire family/employees

But no one can believe im alive right now, so i want to just say PLEASE never take things for granted, tell your loved ones you love them, and give them a hug. I dont mean to be sappy, but if it wasnt for having quick reflexes i'd most likely be dead right now. I still took a HUGE amount of the damage to my face and most likely will be black and blue tomorrow along with checking over my body for glass.

Thank God for all of our wonderful customers and Friends we had the entire mess cleaned up, boarded up, swept up, everything moved or taken to the dumpster within 4 hours time. Incredible!

We're going to try and burn a bunch of copies of our Camera system, once you see it you'll truely understand how lucky i am!

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/47/l_69dd4bb6ddd7426da490075ae526ec41.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_e8bb94d970ec4e759456b92e2fa4e7c6.jpg

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/4/l_585647b6a86642b6b28120e0a09ed298.jpg

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/17/l_6ea6d9cc8a8243a5bd4fb133db21ca9e.jpg

BOSS LX
09-27-2008, 11:34 PM
I am glad you are ok!

Dude, I was going to buy vp 116 there tomorrow mourning!:chair:

Prince Valiant
09-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Glad your okay...

impressive amount of damage...I'd stock LOTS more salt next time!

Firefighter Z
09-27-2008, 11:38 PM
Damn I guess Handicap parking wasnt good enough.

Good thing your ok.

What was the expression on their faces when this happened?

Reverend Cooper
09-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Holy crap!!! I'm glad your ok. life is short tell everyone you love that you do infact love them so they know it. WOW thats crazy

Waver
09-27-2008, 11:40 PM
damn, I wish I could stop up there man.....looks like it was crazy as hell

Smokey1226
09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
I am glad you are ok!

Dude, I was going to buy vp 116 there tomorrow mourning!:chair:

I just got your PM, lmk what time you are stopping through and ill see what i can do. We'll just square up later on the money. Deal?

BOSS LX
09-27-2008, 11:44 PM
I just got your PM, lmk what time you are stopping through and ill see what i can do. We'll just square up later on the money. Deal?

Me and Aaron should be there around 9.00 am. We will need more gas in the near future, so whatever works.

Smokey1226
09-27-2008, 11:53 PM
Me and Aaron should be there around 9.00 am. We will need more gas in the near future, so whatever works.

Ill still be sleeping at 9am, But my pops will be there. Ask him and he'll get it for you. Thanks again!

Z28Envy
09-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Glad you are ok man. That really sucks big time.

Smokey1226
09-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Thanks guys, idk what but my head just isnt straight right now. I've never been the person to get shaken up in the head but this one got to me. So i think im gunna hit the golf Course tomorrow to get away from everything then enjoy the packer game.

Again, Ham N rolls tomorrow for free! Stop by if your around.

lordairgtar
09-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Glad to hear you are OK! I hope to stop by tomorrow before I go to a car show.

HY35F2T
09-28-2008, 12:19 AM
excatly why i think there should be a age limit on driving.If you cant wipe your own ass you should be able to drive.:goof

Sprayaway Fox
09-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Holy crap thats crazy! Glad to see ya ok. She musta just slammed the gas tough to drive up everything like that.

Yooformula
09-28-2008, 12:47 AM
holy shit dude! glad you were ok!

HITMAN
09-28-2008, 12:55 AM
Holy Shit, Chad! :wow
I'm really glad you are OK. That is one helluva lot of damage.

Now for some social commentary:
People are afraid of guns, yet they continue to hand out and re-issue drivers licenses to the least capable among us. I'm sorry, but once you get beyond the age of 60/65, I feel that you should have to take a "Behind The Wheel" driving test every few years. Not just eyesight fails as we age. Reflexes and situational awareness also become casualties. It'll never happen, though. AARP is too huge a voting block to mess with.... :rolleyes:

scaleracer
09-28-2008, 01:13 AM
Holy Crap! Sorry to hear about that but glad your okay..

Silver86
09-28-2008, 04:21 AM
oh wow... glad youre alright!

excatly why i think there should be a age limit on driving.If you cant wipe your own ass you should be able to drive.:goof

i agree with this... i believe that once you turn a certain age, there should be a mandatory test you have to take (written, sight, driving). if you fail, you are deemed unsafe to drive...

i also believe the drivers age should also be move from 16 to 18...

but also, thatll never happen and majority of the drivers on the road today will still suck...

70 cutlass 442
09-28-2008, 04:29 AM
clean up in isle 1!!! holy hell that looks like a heluva scare, glad ur alright!!

Waver
09-28-2008, 05:09 AM
Holy Shit, Chad! :wow
I'm really glad you are OK. That is one helluva lot of damage.

Now for some social commentary:
People are afraid of guns, yet they continue to hand out and re-issue drivers licenses to the least capable among us. I'm sorry, but once you get beyond the age of 60/65, I feel that you should have to take a "Behind The Wheel" driving test every few years. Not just eyesight fails as we age. Reflexes and situational awareness also become casualties. It'll never happen, though. AARP is too huge a voting block to mess with.... :rolleyes:

quoted for truth

flyin_blue_egg
09-28-2008, 06:35 AM
by the looks of things you didn't even see it coming? glad you're ok

Smokey1226
09-28-2008, 07:14 AM
by the looks of things you didn't even see it coming? glad you're ok

exactly, i was helping 2 customers and looking down onto the computer when i looked up i had the entire glass/metal wall/Computer and stuff all in my face blowing me backwards. As well as the 2 customers running backwards for their life!

But my pops is there now with a few people working on getting atleast one computer/register open so we can still sell gas. So im going up right now to see what i can help with.

Thanks for all the support guys! :headbang

Goat Roper
09-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Do you still need people to come purchase perishables?

That_Guy
09-28-2008, 09:55 AM
HOLY SHIT.... that could have been worse for everybody im glad your ok...

brings a new meaning to drive through

Nix
09-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Another reason why old people fvckin' suck. :chair:

Glad to see your alright dude. :headbang

TURTLE
09-28-2008, 10:22 AM
holy shnikeys! glad you had the awareness to get the hell away from that! as corny as this may sound, merchandise and equipment can be replaced, but lives cannot... you'll get the store fixed soon, i know that, just glad you're ok and still breathing under your own power! that looks like the driver had quite a run-up to get over the bags like that....

GRAMPS SS
09-28-2008, 10:34 AM
dammm chad...glad your ok.....and hittman...60-65 for a behind the wheel tst...i've see young people do the same thing.here...granted they were in there late 80's but to say at 60-65 you need to do a behind the wheel etas....screw that...then do it for everyone after the age of 40....

TURTLE
09-28-2008, 10:46 AM
i'd vote for behind the wheels tests periodically, regardless of age.... you never know what creeps up on people and can hinder their abilities behind the wheel... i'd take 'em... just as long as they're more involved then when i took my initial driving test... hell, i could have probably taken it blindfolded and with earplugs in and still passed.... (ok, maybe not, but it was super easy).... i'd say every 7-10 years.. until a certain age then 3-5 after that... and when you'd take the test, that'd be your renewal on the license instead of waiting in line at the DMV....

flyin_blue_egg
09-28-2008, 11:12 AM
i say you do it every time you renew your DL....that's what every 10 years...then after 60 you do it every 5

SmokinRAM114
09-28-2008, 11:13 AM
damn chad!! ****** old people!

BadAzzGTA89
09-28-2008, 11:17 AM
That sucks glad your ok!!
Looks like someone was looking over you:wow

Breecher_7
09-28-2008, 11:22 AM
Well that sucks. Glad your ok. Shit happens, this is the reason you have insurance!!!!

no_slow_svt
09-28-2008, 11:40 AM
what the crap!.
wow, old people really need a good checking when it comes to driving.
I had an old dude throw his car in reverse (when i was parked right behind him) and just lay right into me like i wasnt there. he then put it in drive and drove off like it didnt even happen.

well good luck getting the station back together. and god bless that salt. if it wasnt there it could have been a different result for anyone in the store at the time.

4eyedstang
09-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Wow that looks like my grandparents car. i better give them a call and see if it was them.
glad to see you made it out OK and would definitely call a lawyer and get some $$$ for your busted store/face. IMO

STANMAN
09-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow. Glad you're OK, and yeah, what were the ancient people like AFTER the accident?

DirtyMax
09-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Glad nobody got hurt!

And yet another case in my point about re-testing old people.

Russ Jerome
09-28-2008, 12:51 PM
i'd vote for behind the wheels tests periodically, regardless of age

This from the only guy I know who can ditch a FWD
car at 10am on a Sunday....how would you get to
work Turtle?

That looks like it could have been a lot worse from
the PICs, every day is a gift from here on out.

TURTLE
09-28-2008, 01:04 PM
This from the only guy I know who can ditch a FWD
car at 10am on a Sunday....how would you get to
work Turtle?

That looks like it could have been a lot worse from
the PICs, every day is a gift from here on out.

huh? when'd that happen?

Russ Jerome
09-28-2008, 01:20 PM
huh? when'd that happen?

'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08

LIZMO
09-28-2008, 01:23 PM
i'm glad your okay! because i don't know who would flirt with my boyfriend more than i do. lol :)

glad your okay!

HITMAN
09-28-2008, 01:45 PM
dammm chad...glad your ok.....and hittman...60-65 for a behind the wheel tst...i've see young people do the same thing.here...granted they were in there late 80's but to say at 60-65 you need to do a behind the wheel etas....screw that...then do it for everyone after the age of 40....

If that's what it takes Wayne, then that's fine by me. I rarely see young people have accidents because of reduced faculties, unless it's because they were chemically impaired. Usually young people have bad accidents because of recklessness. There is a difference.

Old folks are generally safe drivers, but once they get beyond a certain point, they start losing the necessary motor skills needed to operate a 3000lb projectile capable of speeds over 90mph. Not a good thing. I didn't say to automatically take their license away, but I think we all need a periodic check to make sure we still have the basic abilities to safely operate on our nations highways. JMHO.

TURTLE
09-28-2008, 02:53 PM
'02 Neon ES(ACR/T) - R.I.P. 1-18-08

wasn't a sunday, and wasn't 10am... and wasn't in a ditch either....

what's your point... it was in conditions i had no control over, and nobody was hurt...

Holeshot
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Wisconsin driving laws for the elderly and drinkers SUCK !!!!! How about the 21 year old chick in custody on her thrid OWI and manslauter to boot. Fook the written test. If your over 62 you should be tested behind the wheel yearly.

Oh and I forgot. I an glad your Okay !!!! Your Angel was watching you .

Karps TA
09-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Glad you';re okay. That had to be scarey as shit.

I'm not even going to get started on my opinion of old people driving. But those people who did that should be treated NO differently then a drunk driver.

nismodave
09-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow!!! Glad u are ok!

Smokey1226
09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks again guys/gals for all of your support.

We had the awesome guys from Oil Equipment there from 5:30am helping my dad try to put the pieces back together for us. I showed up a little after 7:30 trying to clean up and help those guys. We got about as far as we could with the severed Cables/lines ect. We have to get a bunch of new equipment which means we'll be down for atleast a day or 2 more. But all in all, today and yesterday showed everyone exactly how lucky we are to be alive everyday as well as how wonderful it is to have awesome friends!

Boss Lx got to see what it looks like today compared to in the pictures, truely amazing how much things we got cleaned up and slightly back up and running in a days time.

lordairgtar
09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
dammm chad...glad your ok.....and hittman...60-65 for a behind the wheel tst...i've see young people do the same thing.here...granted they were in there late 80's but to say at 60-65 you need to do a behind the wheel etas....screw that...then do it for everyone after the age of 40 and before the age of 39
Fixed it for ya, Wayne!

Goat Roper
09-28-2008, 05:55 PM

We had the awesome guys from Oil Equipment there from 5:30am helping my dad try to put the pieces back together for us. I showed up a little after 7:30 trying to clean up and help those guys. We got about as far as we could with the severed Cables/lines ect. We have to get a bunch of new equipment which means we'll be down for atleast a day or 2 more. But all in all, today and yesterday showed everyone exactly how lucky we are to be alive everyday as well as how wonderful it is to have awesome friends!

Glad things are looking better for you. Maybe I missed it in this thread but what did the driver/occupant of the vehicle say after this? Were they hurt at all?

Smokey1226
09-28-2008, 06:55 PM
Glad things are looking better for you. Maybe I missed it in this thread but what did the driver/occupant of the vehicle say after this? Were they hurt at all?

It was an older couple, they were pretty shaken up more scared than anything. The old lady who was driving was shakeing but neither of them were hurt.

I didnt get to talk to them at all, because i helped clean up as long as possible then the cops basically told me to get my ass in the Ambulence to get checked over real well. I refused to go to the hospital so i could go back to helping clean up. And by the time i was able to leave the ambulence they were gone somewhere.

Rocket Power
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
Glad you didn't get hurt worse.
Just got back from work and saw the place as I drove by.

1siksrt
09-28-2008, 07:48 PM
WTF!!!!!!! Cant believe i did not get a pm dude... I would have been there to help!!!!!!

shoooo32
09-28-2008, 08:11 PM
It was an older couple, they were pretty shaken up more scared than anything. The old lady who was driving was shakeing but neither of them were hurt.

I didnt get to talk to them at all, because i helped clean up as long as possible then the cops basically told me to get my ass in the Ambulence to get checked over real well. I refused to go to the hospital so i could go back to helping clean up. And by the time i was able to leave the ambulence they were gone somewhere.

dude you are so lucky that old lady didn't drive a bigass buick.

Smokey1226
09-28-2008, 08:15 PM
WTF!!!!!!! Cant believe i did not get a pm dude... I would have been there to help!!!!!!

I didnt get home till mostly cleaned up, and i wanted to call you but with my keys + Phone on the counter next to the register it took untill about 10pm to find the stuff.

You would be happy that i thought of you while i was watching in awe that there was a Car in our gas station.

lilws6
09-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Dude we drove by this morning and noticed it was all messed up i had no idea this happened. we probably were at muskego park by that time taking more wedding pictures. Its good to see your alright at least. I think theres now call for more reinforcement by the cashiers

CATNHAT
09-28-2008, 08:59 PM
Toyota drivers--will they ever learn??

torque.hit
09-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Chad right?

I was driving by at about 5:15? last night, saw all of the emergency vehicles and I was hoping you/store were ok. I'm actually glad to see it was this and not a fire. Talk about a close call!

I'm really glad you're ok. The store can be fixed, but we can't replace people.

70challenger
09-29-2008, 06:38 AM
glad your alright chad, sucks to see that happen to you and your business. i hope u get everything back to normal soon!

Smokey1226
09-29-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks again guys for the support, we're making calls left and right to get things back together. If you know anyone who does awesome cabnietry work PLEASE lmk asap. Call my phone.

We're hopeing to have things back up within another day or 2.

CannotPost
09-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Wow. Glad you're OK, and yeah, what were the ancient people like AFTER the accident?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3211/2899395522_4fd008f769_o.jpg

77thor
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Holy crap!!!
How do you not hit the BRAKES????

CobraSnake
09-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Wisconsin driving laws for the elderly and drinkers SUCK !!!!! How about the 21 year old chick in custody on her thrid OWI and manslauter to boot. Fook the written test. If your over 62 you should be tested behind the wheel yearly.

Oh and I forgot. I an glad your Okay !!!! Your Angel was watching you .

I new the girl she killed.

Oh and Chad thats nuts. Glad to see your ok.

Cryptic
09-29-2008, 12:27 PM
similar thing happened to my uncle at a gas station... some old lady put it in reverse instead of drive and pinned my uncle between his truck and her rear bumber... His knees have been sh!t since...

Glad you made out of that one Chad. :stare

johnny--2k
09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
DAMN! That's some crazy s#it right there! You see it on youtube all the time and think "oh, it will never happen to me" but then, BAM, there it is!

Glad your OK. Seems like you have a good group of people there helping get things back up and running! Good luck.

PulseRedGTO
09-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Oh man, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

Bad things really do happen to good people.

As a pretty regular customer I can say this is one of the most pleasant filling station/deli’s/convenience stores/and race gas depots ANYWHERE.

juicedimpss
09-29-2008, 03:47 PM
holy sh1t chad,good thing you are young and agile still.

good to hear you are OK

Smokey1226
09-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh man, that sucks. Glad you're ok.

Bad things really do happen to good people.

As a pretty regular customer I can say this is one of the most pleasant filling station/deli’s/convenience stores/and race gas depots ANYWHERE.

Thank you sir, i copied and pasted that and showed to all our family members.

They all said thank you very very much. Hearing things like that makes times like these a little easier.

Ive got the burned cd from the survalince system, im going to try to upload it somehow and let you guys see it. Basically the pictures dont do justice to exactly how close we all were.

michelle
09-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Glad you are okay!

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Boss Lx got to see what it looks like today compared to in the pictures, truely amazing how much things we got cleaned up and slightly back up and running in a days time.

Thanks again dude!

SmokinRAM114
09-29-2008, 11:15 PM
chad u should become a water wetter dealer so andy can pick it up by the drum on the way to the track along with his fuel :goof

BOSS LX
09-29-2008, 11:17 PM
chad u should become a water wetter dealer so andy can pick it up by the drum on the way to the track along with his fuel :goof

FOCKER!:rolf

Smokey1226
09-29-2008, 11:20 PM
lol, ill def look into it! I've got a guy calling me tomorrow about ordering up a good amount of C16, if he's big amount ill throw in some extra pails for cheap. So if you guys plan on going to the track again ..... :D