PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler's new Electric vehicles!!!

Swags63
09-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Chrysler, LLC just announced that they have three electric vehicles hitting the market starting in the 2010 model year, which means 2009. This was a shock to the industry since they really kept a lid on it. The vehicles are the Chrysler Town and Country, the Jeep Wrangler, and a new Dodge sports car that will do 0-60 in "less than 5 seconds". Leave it to Dodge to turn "green" mean.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809240345
-link fixed by Cryptic-

4eyedstang
09-24-2008, 09:28 AM
the new sports car looks kinda sweet just like the lotus Elise [sp?]

link doesn't work

CobraSnake
09-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Link no worky?

Windsors 03 Cobra
09-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Llc ? Wtf.

Crawlin
09-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Limited Liability Corporation (company?) hahahah :)

I'm glad I switched to a Mopar store. Extended Warranty sales will be through the roof, haha

Cryptic
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
link fixed

pOrk
09-24-2008, 10:29 AM
With energy costs rising through the roof, how is electric going to be any better then gasoline? Electric is going up 27% this winter, it will cost more to charge your electric car then it will to fill up with diesel and drive balls to the walls around town.

Crawlin
09-24-2008, 10:54 AM
but people are oblivious to that fact. they want to feel special. they want to one-up their neighbor(which is why we are in the state of credit crunch we are in). they want to feel like they are doing THEIR part. It's like when these people pay 10,000 more for a hybrid. It'll take a shit ton of years to earn back that price difference over a standard vehicle. they want to feel like their $20/year to united way is really making a difference, haha

pOrk
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
but people are oblivious to that fact. they want to feel special. they want to one-up their neighbor(which is why we are in the state of credit crunch we are in). they want to feel like they are doing THEIR part. It's like when these people pay 10,000 more for a hybrid. It'll take a shit ton of years to earn back that price difference over a standard vehicle. they want to feel like their $20/year to united way is really making a difference, haha

I love when I'm cruising home from work on 45 at a good 60 mph pace and I get BLOWN PAST by one of those ******* hybrid cars. Guess what Green Party, the car only gets 50 mpg when your doing 30. Your getting about 20 mpg when your doing 90. :rolf

Crawlin
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Lmao!!!!!!

-stew-
09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
With energy costs rising through the roof, how is electric going to be any better then gasoline? Electric is going up 27% this winter, it will cost more to charge your electric car then it will to fill up with diesel and drive balls to the walls around town.

I figure my Sonoma will totally shot in ten years, by then a good elecrtic car/small pick up will on the market and I will buy one. And I will charge the battery at work. I think in the future many employers will use this as a perk/benefit; like health/dental/vision insurance. Plus a small home mounted windmill could offset the increased electric usage and maybe make you money too.

pOrk
09-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I figure my Sonoma will totally shot in ten years, by then a good elecrtic car/small pick up will on the market and I will buy one. And I will charge the battery at work. I think in the future many employers will use this as a perk/benefit; like health/dental/vision insurance. Plus a small home mounted windmill could offset the increased electric usage and maybe make you money too.

:rolf:rolf Do you know how loud those are?

Prince Valiant
09-24-2008, 12:06 PM
On a cost per mile basis electricity is ~ 4-6x's (iirc) more effective than gasoline, ie it'd be like paying $1-$0.66/gallon gas...while they are arguably consuming greater energy overall, right now because of relative abundance, electricity is FAR more cost effective.

Put a million electric cars out there and no new powerplants, well then things would change.

Al
09-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Put a million electric cars out there and no new powerplants, well then things would change.

But wouldn't cars charge at night, when energy output is lower?

Moparjim
09-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Llc ? Wtf.

We have been an LLC since Cerebus bought the majority of us back from Daimler. There is nothing shady about it or whatever, LLCs are very common nowadays in the age of everyone tryingto cash in with lawsuits. Its not like we aren't liable for anything and can't still be sued constantly, but the one really really important main difference is that the parent and OTHER companies can't be sued. So, Cerebus almost had to make it an LLC to protect themselves otherwise jackasses would be suing not only Chysler, but filing suits against Cerebus and their other numerous companies as well.